Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2009, 20:09   #1
BANNED

New Renault Logan "Play" version.

Hi,
Mahindra has released new version of logan, called "Play".
Here is more info....

::Source::

Its an all new stylish variant with a sporty and adventurous look. The Logan Play is available in both petrol (1.4 GLX) and diesel (1.5 DLX) options, respectively. Mahindra Renault also presents an exciting consumer offer for this festive season, wherein every potential buyer is a guaranteed winner. All one has to do is test drive the Logan to avail of exciting gifts such as 0.99 per cent or 6.99 per cent interest on a loan or even an I-pod. All entries are eligible for a lucky draw which will see select winners receive an LCD TV, while two grand prize winners will get a free Logan Play. The new Logan Play will be available at 35 Mahindra Renault dealerships across India in phase 1 of the launch, followed by presence in all 146 Dealerships.

Available in two colour options - black and white, the Logan Play sports stylish body graphics and a choice of either red or silver alloy wheels. Body coloured parking sensors and outer door handles, a chrome muffler cutter and chrome front grille complete the picture.

The car’s arresting exterior is complemented by a plush interior with seats and floor mats in Black and Red trim, a chrome finished gear knob, music system and centre fascia and end rack in carbon fibre finish.

If a thread exists. Please merge.
Best Regards.
Old 18th September 2009, 20:24   #2
Senior - BHPian

"Arresting" interior?. This has to be the joke of the day or reality. I felt "arrested" when i first set sight on the wash of low-grade plastic and cheap, shoddy instrumentation and controls.
Old 18th September 2009, 20:26   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by *VT* View Post
Hi,
Mahindra has released new version of logan, called "Play".
Here is more info....

::Source::

Its an all new stylish variant with a sporty and adventurous look. The Logan Play is available in both petrol (1.4 GLX) and diesel (1.5 DLX) options, respectively. Mahindra Renault also presents an exciting consumer offer for this festive season, wherein every potential buyer is a guaranteed winner. All one has to do is test drive the Logan to avail of exciting gifts such as 0.99 per cent or 6.99 per cent interest on a loan or even an I-pod. All entries are eligible for a lucky draw which will see select winners receive an LCD TV, while two grand prize winners will get a free Logan Play. The new Logan Play will be available at 35 Mahindra Renault dealerships across India in phase 1 of the launch, followed by presence in all 146 Dealerships.

Available in two colour options - black and white, the Logan Play sports stylish body graphics and a choice of either red or silver alloy wheels. Body coloured parking sensors and outer door handles, a chrome muffler cutter and chrome front grille complete the picture.

The car’s arresting exterior is complemented by a plush interior with seats and floor mats in Black and Red trim, a chrome finished gear knob, music system and centre fascia and end rack in carbon fibre finish.

If a thread exists. Please merge.
Best Regards.
SO much for the ugly looking car, not to mention the garish "red" alloys (roadside garage job)?

So we have-

Logan 1.4 GL
Logan 1.4 GLE
Logan 1.4 GLX

Logan 1.6 GLX
Logan 1.6 GLS
Logan 1.6 GLSx

Logan 1.5 D DLE
Logan 1.5 D DLS
Logan 1.5 D DLX
Logan 1.5 D DLSx

Logan 1.4 GLX edge connect
Logan 1.6 GLX edge connect
Logan 1.6 GLSx edge connect

Logan 1.5 DLX edge connect
Logan 1.5 DLSx edge connect

and these 2 new models:

1.4 GLX play
1.5 D DLX play?

16 varients for a car that sells less than 500 units per month? Renault, are you crazy?

The edge connect was supposed to be a limited edition purple coloured car but have seen none on the road, and this was launched just 3 months back.

Now another limited edition?
Old 18th September 2009, 21:59   #4
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickatnite View Post
"Arresting" interior?. This has to be the joke of the day or reality. I felt "arrested" when i first set sight on the wash of low-grade plastic and cheap, shoddy instrumentation and controls.
Interiors doesn't look much bad to me, Its just those black seats which are spoiling looks.
Nice to see a front armrest.
Old 18th September 2009, 22:24   #5
Senior - BHPian

Swift "Glam"
Civic "Sports"
Altis "Sports"
Cedia "Sports"

now we have Logan "Play"!
Old 18th September 2009, 22:45   #6
Senior - BHPian

No matter how hard they try, they just can't make Logan beautiful. God, what is with French? They make very beautifull cars but when it comes to India, they launch junk of yesteryears. First, Peugeot 309 and now Logan. No wonder I haven't seen single new logan on raod since mid-2008. Except for those garish cabs outside shamshabad airport in Hyd.
Old 18th September 2009, 22:48   #7
BHPian

And those unlimited LIMITED editions of Fiesta!
Old 18th September 2009, 22:55   #8
BHPian

yeah.. saw the Play yesterday, they had arranged marketing presentation/show at Grand Bhagwati. I didn't find it impressive! It was black with some graphics on the doors and small one on the bumpers. It had *red* wheels, bluish grill and a spolier!
Old 18th September 2009, 22:56   #9
Senior - BHPian

It will be 'All work and no Play' for Renault until they cut the price of the Logan.
Old 18th September 2009, 23:23   #10
BHPian

Flash intro here..

intro

I think they are also launching Logan Refresh. No idea what features Refresh would have.

Last edited by ?ushk@r : 18th September 2009 at 23:25.
Old 18th September 2009, 23:36   #11
Senior - BHPian

Gosh..I have seen the car on Mahindra Logan site and I wonder whay Renault is "PLAY"ing at? A Bad creation and somehow i feel the body stickers are a replica of Cedia Sports.
Old 19th September 2009, 00:00   #12
Senior - BHPian

i like the looks, looks sporty but the front stickers and the interiors are horrible.
Old 19th September 2009, 00:59   #13
BHPian

Not worth the change for a call that does not sell in good numbers. Its time for Renault to the design itself than to un-necessarily meddle with Exteriors.
Old 19th September 2009, 09:05   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aarman_008 View Post
Not worth the change for a call that does not sell in good numbers. Its time for Renault to the design itself than to un-necessarily meddle with Exteriors.
I just hope the renault team does something about the rear taillamps and the headlamps similar to how Maruti kicked in life into the dead fish called estilo. maybe outsource that redesign to Maruti too.!!
I actually liked the lip spoiler on the boot but i've always hated the taillamps. its one cheap looking design and changing that will change the looks dramatically. hope renault is listening.
Old 19th September 2009, 11:21   #15
Senior - BHPian

From the Official Press Release

Quote:
The Logan Play is available in both petrol (1.4 GLX) and diesel (1.5 DLX) options. The new Logan Play will be available at 35 Mahindra Renault dealerships across India in phase 1 of the launch, followed by presence in all 146 Dealerships.

Available in two colour options - black and white

Below mentioned are the features of Logan Play.

USB Enabled Music System

The music system lets you play music from your USB drive and turn the road into a dance floor.

Centre Console

The all new centre console in deep black mixes well with the trendy red streaked interiors.

Upholstery

It flaunts new leather seats, floor mats, steering cover and side door frames.

Driver Information System

Its DIS will keep you updated on your average speed, fuel consumption and mileage.

Parking Sensor

Its 4 reverse sensors make sure you never fail to impress others by your parking.

Alloy Wheels

The vibrant alloy wheels set the standard in high street fashion and guarantee second looks.

Body Graphics

The twin-coloured decals give you a unique on-road identity and leave everyone awestruck.

Muffler Cutter

The chrome finished muffler cutter will make you sparkle in style.

Lip Spoiler

The new lip spoiler gives this car a sleeker look and turns you into a trendsetter
Attached Thumbnails
New Renault Logan "Play" version.-logan1.jpg  

New Renault Logan "Play" version.-logan3.jpg  

New Renault Logan "Play" version.-logan4.jpg  

Attached Images

Last edited by Dippy : 19th September 2009 at 11:27.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks