Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2009, 15:45   #46
BHPian

Logan is an old horse but a reliable old horse. One can put his money on Logan easily when it comes to a car that will keep running problem free. How much more power and comfort will one need for a good drive apart from what Logan provides? It is a good car. It is ideal for people wanting to own a luxurious sedan but can't stretch their budget beyond 5 lacs.
Old 11th October 2009, 17:57   #47
Senior - BHPian

Red wheels and Megane R26 graphics on a Logan?! Yuck!
They'd do anything to attract customers these days!
Old 12th October 2009, 11:54   #48
Senior - BHPian

It is available only in black?How abt other colors?
Old 12th October 2009, 12:15   #49
BHPian

The back seat of a logan can beat any car below 10 lkhs. Only compeititor is the Indigo and logan is definitely better put together than an Indigo.

Don't understand all this logan bashing that it is horrendous car etc. that has been happening in this thread (to the extent its about looks, its understandable- otherwise it is kind of over-the-top). Took a Meru Logan yesterday, and I kept thinking why did I buy my parents a Wagon-R instead of this. Hell, I would recommend this to anyone who uses a chaffeur and does not plan on spending more than 6-7 lakhs.

Too many +ves for this car- Huge boot, Huge space inside (I can cross my legs!), great fuel economy, good ac, not much rattles.

-ves- bad looking boot (i think the rest of bodyline is fine. Not great, but will do. Clean 90's lines)

There is only so much one can care about looks..one sits inside the car, not outside.
Old 12th October 2009, 17:53   #50
BHPian

With the launch of the new Manza, the Logan is going to be pushed back further. Its a much better package in the supposed price.

And yes, Renault was expected to bring a much better looking car from what they are capable of. I think designing the Logan was not a part of their deal !

Here's a snapshot of the Manza specs in case it hasnt caught your eye
Old 3rd November 2009, 17:09   #51
BHPian

Mahindra-Renault has proven its stance when it comes to customer staisfaction. According to J.D. Power Asia Pacific Reports on Dealership Service Facilities in India, Mahindra Renault has jumped 14 notches as compared to the 2008 report in customer staisfaction. The study measures overall satisfaction by examining five factors (listed in the order of importance): service quality; vehicle pickup; service advisor; service facility; and service initiation. Overall customer satisfaction is measured on a 1,000 point scale, with a higher score indicating higher satisfaction. Mahindra-Renault scored 750.

For a 10th consecutive year, Maruti Suzuki ranks highest in customer satisfaction with authorized dealer service in India
Attached Images

Last edited by Maximum_torque : 3rd November 2009 at 17:12. Reason: codes appearing in the post
Old 3rd November 2009, 17:20   #52
BHPian

What a descent for Hyundai - 3 to 8. It looks like Tata sales are looking up along with its customer satisfaction. I still didnt like the way a prospective Fiat customer (me) is treated in Tata showroom.
Old 3rd November 2009, 17:55   #53
BHPian

The savior for the Logan Play can be the engine performance and the spacious interiors.. It still has to fight with the Linea, Sx4 and now the Manza on the saleability factor. For competition sake, the sporty Logan Play should bring some relief to the perception of the vehicle... Having said that, both my uncles own a Logan !!
Old 3rd November 2009, 18:55   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigautobuff View Post
The savior for the Logan Play can be the engine performance and the spacious interiors.. It still has to fight with the Linea, Sx4 and now the Manza on the saleability factor. For competition sake, the sporty Logan Play should bring some relief to the perception of the vehicle... Having said that, both my uncles own a Logan !!

Did they stop selling the 1.6L engine? if so then I think performance is only on the stickers and not on the actual ride. Logan is in the Dzire/indigo/Ikon segment .
Old 5th November 2009, 14:06   #55
Senior - BHPian

saw this Play version Black logan today, alloys looked pathetic and so did the car.Seems they are competing with themselves to comeout with better worst design for their car.
Old 8th December 2009, 14:18   #56
BHPian

Mahindra Renault offering Rs.60000 discount on Logan

Now Mahindra Renault is celebrating 10 lakh customers. It is surprising that Logan reached that number with such low sales. They are so happy with the whole thing that they are offering Rs.60000 discount on all Logan variants till 27th Dec. One more of Mahindra Renault's move to increase the sales. I don't think I have seen so many different versions come out so often and so many discounts so often on any other brand. But somehow Mahindra Renault has tried to keep Logan sales running.

Personally I don't really love the car but still would consider buying it because once you sit inside the car, it is a bit of a performer. It is Pretty decent a deal at about Rs. 4,10,000 now which was earlier about Rs. 4,70,000.
Old 8th December 2009, 14:40   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by serpente View Post
Now Mahindra Renault is celebrating 10 lakh customers. It is surprising that Logan reached that number with such low sales. They are so happy with the whole thing that they are offering Rs.60000 discount on all Logan variants till 27th Dec. One more of Mahindra Renault's move to increase the sales.
Its the global sales they are celebrating. Plus, in my opinion, they are clearing out stock as the refreshed logan is round the corner (finally).
Old 8th December 2009, 21:27   #58
BHPian

But at this price I definitely find it to be a good deal.
Old 8th December 2009, 21:32   #59
BHPian

Its a good deal alright. But existing Logan owners would be unhappy since the already low resale values have been pounded to abysmally low levels.
Old 9th December 2009, 09:08   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrackedHead View Post
Its a good deal alright. But existing Logan owners would be unhappy since the already low resale values have been pounded to abysmally low levels.
On the brighter side, there are not too many Logan owners and hence less people will get disappointed
On a serious note if one plans to keep the car for 5-7 years then low resale won't matter much. I am not marketing it but it's really a good car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks