Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2009, 23:06   #256
Senior - BHPian

But honestly. What kind of a name is MANZA? I guess they could name it that, if they are going to launch it around Makar Sankranti (kite flying festival) in January next year :-)

I saw the Tata ad in the newspaper, and I am sure they must have created buzz among a few people who don't know what Manza is. Smartly this time, they have desisted from posting the name of their Ad agency in their print ads (like FCB Ulka etc.) hence, 'smart' uninformed people wouldn't be able to use that to guess the car and it's manufacturer. Innovative, and refreshing.

Waiting to see the final product.
Old 8th October 2009, 23:28   #257
Senior - BHPian

The car is looking quite imposing with it colossal length though I cannot say the same thing about the design especially from the front end. It looks like amalgamation of indigo indica vista . The overall profile clearly mimics the precious generation camry.
IF they get the pricing right , all these shortcomings may go unnoticed as far as the total product offering is concerned. Tata seems to be really pulling up the sleeves as far as fit and finish is concerned .

Now am waiting to see the next gen Safari. Its gonna really hit the market hard I guess.
Old 8th October 2009, 23:59   #258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxbhp View Post
The car is looking quite imposing with it colossal length though I cannot say the same thing about the design especially from the front end. It looks like amalgamation of indigo indica vista . The overall profile clearly mimics the precious generation camry.
IF they get the pricing right , all these shortcomings may go unnoticed as far as the total product offering is concerned. Tata seems to be really pulling up the sleeves as far as fit and finish is concerned .

Now am waiting to see the next gen Safari. Its gonna really hit the market hard I guess.
From that various spy shots and also from the cnbc video, the front grill definitely looks different and it reinforces my doubts that the image milin posted and the ones found in CC were photoshops.

Lets hope reality is better.
Old 9th October 2009, 00:13   #259
BHPian

Good teaser on MANZA's website. The steering controls and the MID seem to up the ante on quality and gizmos. TATA, make us proud, yet again.
Old 9th October 2009, 00:22   #260
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigid Rotor View Post
The Manza (some name that!) does NOT look very proportionate from the front three-quarters view. Appears perhaps, to manage just slightly better than the D'zire or the old Indigo? So then what's it that Indian designers lack? First Indigo, then the Dzire and now the Manza!
Look man.Adding a boot on cars like the Swift and the Indica are no mean feats.These cars were purely meant to be two-box designs.Now for markets like India,things considerably change and a boot is stuck.Extending cars like these and still retaining the cohesiveness of the original design is impossible.Even if Guigaro had penned the boot job of the Dzire it would have still been ugly!

I think the designer of the Dzire has done a neat enough work of integrating a boot to a design that was never meant to be three box,and whose roofline was designed keeping in mind a stylish hatch not a clumsy sedan.Not so with the Palio/Petra or Golf/Jetta.

So Indian designers don't lack anything.You,my friend in all probability couldn't have done better.
Old 9th October 2009, 01:20   #261
BHPian

Quote:
The Manza (some name that!) does NOT look very proportionate from the front three-quarters view. Appears perhaps, to manage just slightly better than the D'zire or the old Indigo? So then what's it that Indian designers lack? First Indigo, then the Dzire and now the Manza!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AyAn! View Post
Look man.Adding a boot on cars like the Swift and the Indica are no mean feats.These cars were purely meant to be two-box designs.Now for markets like India,things considerably change and a boot is stuck.Extending cars like these and still retaining the cohesiveness of the original design is impossible.Even if Guigaro had penned the boot job of the Dzire it would have still been ugly!

I think the designer of the Dzire has done a neat enough work of integrating a boot to a design that was never meant to be three box,and whose roofline was designed keeping in mind a stylish hatch not a clumsy sedan.Not so with the Palio/Petra or Golf/Jetta.

So Indian designers don't lack anything.You,my friend in all probability couldn't have done better.
IMO it is the budget and management to blame and also the indian customer who is settling for ugly cars. It is definitely not the designer(s).
Old 9th October 2009, 02:06   #262
BHPian

Here is an illustration comparing the spy shot and the photoshop image.

Though the photoshop is good, still the hood integration with grille, bumper and the lights are off
Attached Thumbnails
New Tata Indigo Manza Details : Brochure on Page 36 EDIT : Now launched-manza_photoshop_comparison.jpg  

Old 9th October 2009, 04:03   #263
BHPian

Well, it looks exactly same to me..
Old 9th October 2009, 07:09   #264
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How about old HC?...Not the first generation I am talking. Even Linea from some angle looks out of proportion.

But I agree the fact that above PS image looks curvy at front half and bit boxy at the rear. Let us wait and watch

Last edited by Latheesh : 9th October 2009 at 07:12.
Old 9th October 2009, 14:29   #265
Senior - BHPian

The scoop picture shows a more stubby nose. I like it, even the grille looks better.
Old 9th October 2009, 15:04   #266
BHPian

Here are the undisguised photos of Manza.
New Tata Indigo Manza Details : Brochure on Page 36 EDIT : Now launched-manza1.jpg
New Tata Indigo Manza Details : Brochure on Page 36 EDIT : Now launched-manza2.jpg
New Tata Indigo Manza Details : Brochure on Page 36 EDIT : Now launched-manza3.jpg
New Tata Indigo Manza Details : Brochure on Page 36 EDIT : Now launched-manza4.jpg

SOURCE:

Motoroids - The Free Revving Species

Last edited by Sarvodaya : 9th October 2009 at 15:07.
Old 9th October 2009, 15:07   #267
BHPian

Now this looks like the real thing!
Old 9th October 2009, 15:12   #268
Senior - BHPian

The back is a design disaster,the car looks out of proportion, very 80s volvo or Lincoln/ Mercury grand marquis/ town car.

Tata, from where did you hire your designers?

Last edited by sidindica : 9th October 2009 at 15:14.
sidindica is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2009, 15:13   #269
BHPian

It certainly looks elegantly aggressive. But the boot looks like the the one in Indigo, but it doesn't matter as when Indians can live with Dzires's boot I a sure it won't matter too much.

Now Renault you can go ahead and put Logan out of its misery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Is it possible that they were trying to differentiate it from its rival in the stable ? I mean now it is easier for the buyers, if they want elegant car then they can go for Linea and if they want utility they can go for Manza.

This way both cars can do will.

Last edited by anmol2k4 : 9th October 2009 at 15:22.
Old 9th October 2009, 15:18   #270
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
The back is a design disaster,the car looks out of proportion, very 80s volvo or Lincoln/ Mercury grand marquis/ town car.

Rightly said. The front and back are out of sync. Apart from that let us see what equipment is on offer and the price plus the safety kit (Airbags, ABS).
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks