Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2009, 15:22   #271
Senior - BHPian

The boot lid looks to large and asking for some filling. Probably the Esteem's/Qualis's Idea of 2nd set of stop-lights can close the void. Else, the rest looks Ok, only if you consider its a TATA. Great progress.

Ps - The LARGE T logo on the front grill can be made away with or a tad smaller.
Old 9th October 2009, 15:23   #272
BHPian

Manza

I personally think there is lot of people lining up for Manza just like Dzire. It may not look the best but will serve the purpose 100% as a family car or for the taxi market with all the goodies that Tata seems to be promising at very competitive prices..

Avenger
Old 9th October 2009, 15:24   #273
BHPian

The head-room seems very good.
Old 9th October 2009, 15:26   #274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
The back is a design disaster,the car looks out of proportion, very 80s volvo or Lincoln/ Mercury grand marquis/ town car.
I though the C-pillar is decent.
Old 9th October 2009, 15:27   #275
Senior - BHPian

Uglyyy !!

I dont understand why they would mess up another design ? When they were developing the Indica Vista it was clearly going to have a sedan version as well....why couldn't they have designed a car that could have a well proportioned sedan avtar as well (the vista is too tall plus its front end belongs only to a hatch) ? why TATA why? This is a hideous looking design...and i wouldnt want to compare this to the Dzire Job...The Swift was never supposed to have a boot and its only maruti who decided to add one on later....
Old 9th October 2009, 15:28   #276
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapezio View Post
Now this looks like the real thing!

Rightly said buddy, and Mr Sarvodaya thank you, thank you. You pulled out a the best scoop in a long time.

Devru! from where did you get these precious pics anna?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
The back is a design disaster,the car looks out of proportion, very 80s volvo or Lincoln/ Mercury grand marquis/ town car.

Tata, from where did you hire your designers?
OMG, As for me the the Manza looks better than any in competition.

Good job TATA, The car might look better in flesh though.
Old 9th October 2009, 15:35   #277
Senior - BHPian

If one takes the Fiesta, Linea and City out how many sub 8 lac sedans are there in India that do decent nos; have a 'beautifully' integrated boot?!
The Dzire, SX4, Verna, Indigo, Logan all have ugly backsides. From the initial pictures the car Manza looks a lot better than any of them.
The customers give a hoot about how a boot is integrated as long as it serves the purpose.
Accepted that looks are subjective and the Manza is no Quattroporte, but it seems that the only drawback people can think of this car is that its backside is not 'beautiful' enough and keep going on and on about it.
Old 9th October 2009, 15:37   #278
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to the Indian Bootjob Club! Yuck!!! The 1st pic looks like converted a Indigo CS into a wannabe limo! The taillamps remind me of the CS. It looks decent from side angle. But the boot just looks to plain!!! Dzire you will still feel lonely when it comes to your bootjob, but Manza is getting closer my friend!

Last edited by karanraheja : 9th October 2009 at 15:38.
Old 9th October 2009, 15:37   #279
BHPian

Lets wait to see it in person, It looks alright.

The only thing i dont like is that it looks like they have put the top chrome line on the nose front, just for the sake of putting chrome. It doesnt really flow with the lines.
Old 9th October 2009, 15:38   #280
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Rightly said buddy, and Mr Sarvodaya thank you, thank you. You pulled out a the best scoop in a long time.

Devru! from where did you get these precious pics anna?
From Here:
Motoroids - The Free Revving Species
Old 9th October 2009, 15:41   #281
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarvodaya View Post
My thoughts on the manza is as confused as its design. I am not able to figure out if i am happy or not with this car. The back and front are completely out of sync, but atleast considering the Dzire disaster, i am alteast a little bit happy that this one is not such a disaster after all, but the manza doesnt live upto the expectations set by tata with its full page teasers. Maybe i will change my perception after few more photos or seeing this thing live. As of now atleast, i would say that i am not too impressed.
Old 9th October 2009, 15:46   #282
Senior - BHPian

Guys the Manza is looking good and better than the Swift Dzire, need to wait and see the pricing which Tata will release the vehicle.

The people looking for Dzire would wait and have a look on to this and will take decision which one to go for.
Old 9th October 2009, 15:48   #283
Senior - BHPian

Good boot or bad boot, one thing for sure. This car looks HUGE for its segment!

I'll keep my comments on the boot job reserved till I see better pics or the car itself.

Last edited by safari_lover : 9th October 2009 at 15:49.
Old 9th October 2009, 15:57   #284
Senior - BHPian

The rear (vertical taillights and wide boot)looks similar to 1980s Cadillac eldorado..I am putting bulldozer over my computer after seeing this.
Attached Thumbnails
New Tata Indigo Manza Details : Brochure on Page 36 EDIT : Now launched-manza1.jpg  

New Tata Indigo Manza Details : Brochure on Page 36 EDIT : Now launched-86_eldo_2.jpg  

sidindica is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2009, 15:57   #285
BHPian

Launching on 14th Oct

The TATA Manza will launch on the 14th october but will be in showrooms by 10th itself
source Business standard
Full article here
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks