Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2009, 21:05   #361
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
I had a good look at the car when they were washing it and, frankly, it looks good. Unlike the first (and on-going) impression of what Maruti did with Swift - DZire evolving, this one seems to be in the right spot, in my opinion.

The engine was also silent. Come to think of it, it was really missing, when all were looking under the hood. This vehicle has just 78kms on the ODO.

was this a top end varient? what is it called? aura/ignis/terra or something else?
Old 10th October 2009, 21:06   #362
BHPian

Is it proportionate??

@Happywheels - What's your opinion - is the car better looking in the flesh than in the photographs? And most importantly, is the design of the boot proportionate - any awkward lines in the design ?
Old 10th October 2009, 21:27   #363
BHPian

Guys, IMHO, Its not good looking. Its not neat. Yes it is better than Dzire. But any car compared with Dzire will look better. Rear not appealing to me. Outdated rear design and Front aint good too. I like the interiors and the specs of the car are good.

happywheels thanx for the pics.
Old 10th October 2009, 21:41   #364
BHPian

I have not gone through all the posts , so do not know if it was posted before , but here are some pics :

Manza Images and Manza Wallpapers at MaxAbout.com - Page 1 of 1 - Bollwyood, Models, Gallery, Wallpapers, Movie
Old 10th October 2009, 21:45   #365
BHPian

However much the Designers try to make it look like a normal sedan, they will fail to get it right. Let's face it and get realistic and not expect Lineas here.

If it looks 10 to 20% better than dezire, I think you should give credit to Tata. It seems acceptable to me from what i cane see. The old Indigo was one ugly job for sure.

The most important thing is spec wise especially the engines seem to better than Dzire. If this is coupled with matching prices, it can do wonders for tata potentially. When the 2nd gen Honda city was accepted, i dont see why this should not be accepted.

I hope it happens .

Last edited by muni : 10th October 2009 at 21:48.
Old 10th October 2009, 22:12   #366
BHPian

IMHO the car's design isn't groundbreaking but a practical one. Indian customers have time and again proved that they are value conscious and if Dzire has months of waiting period, there is no reason why Manza cannot climb to the top.
Just a thought, the rear overhang looks huge in the pics posted at motoroids. Will it affect handling to some extent?
Old 10th October 2009, 22:22   #367
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
was this a top end varient? what is it called? aura/ignis/terra or something else?
Sid, there was no mention of the variant. There was just the "Indica Manza" and the "Quadrajet90".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigid Rotor View Post
@Happywheels - What's your opinion - is the car better looking in the flesh than in the photographs? And most importantly, is the design of the boot proportionate - any awkward lines in the design ?
The car in flesh did not have any akward look. This looked like any other "normal" (???) sedan. And yes, the boot certainly does not look like an after-thought addition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivn View Post
... happywheels thanx for the pics.
Welcome buddy!
Old 10th October 2009, 23:01   #368

IMO, the bulbous front and the angular rear don't gel well when looked upon individually. However, the side proflile looks pretty neat (Dzire looks the worst this way) . Overall it should look good.

One more observation.. the headlights are placed quite high with no protruding edges ( a-star ... yuck !! ), and within the body peripherals... btw.. Where are the projector headlights , being talked about in some of the previous posts?
Old 10th October 2009, 23:38   #369
Team-BHP Support

Personally dont like the look BUT look at those shut lines, they have come a very long way from the olden, push you hand inside gaps! 3 cheers Tata!
Old 10th October 2009, 23:45   #370
BHPian

Fantastics Specs. The car looks neet even in the mobile phone pictures. Should visit the showroom or the workshop to see it in flesh.

I am interested in the topend QJD 90 +ABS + DualAirbag + 15" Alloys + 185 tyres. + Largest Legroom (Bigger than Civic) + Bigboot

I wish On road price in bangalore (highest in India) is 7.5~7.8L
Old 10th October 2009, 23:45   #371
BANNED

From a truck maker to genuine car makers. Way to go TATA.

Within 7 yrs of being in the industry, the Tata's have managed a spacious/Comfortable and a good looking Sedan. I like it already.

This makes the already Fugly D'zire Fuglier.
Old 10th October 2009, 23:51   #372
Team-BHP Support

Let me add, i personally dont like the looks, but compared to Dezire the rear quarter is much much better
Old 10th October 2009, 23:55   #373
BHPian

jaggu i agree with you, even i dont like the looks ....
its just engine is good, rest is for rest...
so its always better to look for more options around you.
Old 11th October 2009, 08:58   #374
BHPian

not the most creatively designed rear for sure. they could have done a much better job esp. with the rear lights. i know its not easy buy they had it coming for years now..
Old 11th October 2009, 09:57   #375
Senior - BHPian

Launch on Oct 14th

Source: Tata to launch Manza- News- Zigwheels

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tata Manza, a new and updated version of Tata's Indigo Vista is all set to be launched on 14 October. The new TATA Manza, will borrow design cues from its sibling the Indica Vista-thanks to both models sharing the same platform.

Word on the street is that the new car will also share similar parts and mechanicals as those found on the new Fiat Linea as both Tata and Fiat are looking at furthering their synergies, even in product development. Not much detail can be found on the engines, but the now famous 1.3 litre Fiat engine is bound to be part of the line up.

The pricing of the Tata Manza will obviously be lower than that of the Linea, as the company's have an understanding on price points and do not intend on eating into each other's space, despite having a similar product line up.

The new Tata Manza is bound to be a stunner for the entry level sedan segment, and considering the amount of space the car will offer, combined with its new bold looks, it might just be the car to save up for, especially if you are considering a 3 box car and want to spend minimum rupee for it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This might explain why the vehicle is here at Bangalore. Maybe a nation wide release or a release at Bangalore.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks