Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2009, 15:23   #406
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudan_NFS View Post
I wish the fog lamp would have been bit bigger,it looks punny.Is the person sticking the VIN deatils to the car?.The car looks good me though not beautiful as Linea.
I agree the fog lamps looks very small in fact the same as previous Indigo.
Were we really expecting Manza to be as good looking as Linea- i don't think so.

IMHO Tata has exceeded my expectation by doing a better job of integrating the boot. The front looks good and Rear i have to see in person to form a definite opinion. Even the interior pics looks promising.

The black one does not seems to be the top end varient as no alloys can be seen or we are not getting alloys in top variant?

Last edited by harry10 : 12th October 2009 at 15:24.
Old 12th October 2009, 16:19   #407
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamveevee View Post
Everybody complains about Dzire. What about Hyndai Verna? I think the verna looks equally bad from behind.
In my opinion, the car that is going to feel the heat the most is Mahindra Logan.
What impact can can this have on the Logan? It already sells in negligible numbes - only to Taxi chains - and these are not the TG for Manza.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
The Hyundai Verna looks great! The rear is well gelled with the rest of the car. It is not outright spectacular but is above average if not beautiful.
Anyways looks have always been subjective.
Yes looks are subjective, Verna actually to me looks reasonaby good on the outside - I just dont like the interiors. Infact the exterior is quite sporty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRD View Post
considering its main rival, Dzire. I think it looks pretty good. With the feature list, Fiat MJD and Tata Pricing. this manza is going to be a great car to buy. well done tata.
Yep Dzire is the main rival and will pretty much be roadrolled if all that we hear is true. (come on Indians take a bet on TATA for a change.)
Old 12th October 2009, 16:41   #408
BHPian

I went to do the PDI of my Punto and this is what I have seen there. I didn't like what I have seen in front and inside. I am no fan of Vista's elongated headlights and grille. And those beige interiors. I think, black interiors with silver accents hide the quality of plastic to an extent, which Beige cannot do. Back is definitely very good, well integrated and far better that earlier Indigo. Taillights could have been better. TATA continued the same plastic from Vista. Even though they are looking good in teaser ad and in photos, they are not that good when you see it live. Someone please tell TATA that started loosing market when they switched from Grey to Beige.
Attached Thumbnails
New Tata Indigo Manza Details : Brochure on Page 36 EDIT : Now launched-manza_01.jpg  

New Tata Indigo Manza Details : Brochure on Page 36 EDIT : Now launched-manza_02.jpg  

New Tata Indigo Manza Details : Brochure on Page 36 EDIT : Now launched-manza_03.jpg  

New Tata Indigo Manza Details : Brochure on Page 36 EDIT : Now launched-manza_04.jpg  

New Tata Indigo Manza Details : Brochure on Page 36 EDIT : Now launched-manza_05.jpg  

Old 12th October 2009, 16:58   #409
Senior - BHPian

OT: the 1.4 DiCOR which tata developed was rated for 90 hp. Is there any chance of that engine finding a place in the lower variant?
Old 12th October 2009, 17:01   #410
Team-BHP Support

This one is a Manza Safire Aura. Means it is a petrol car and must be the highest in the range (Aura) unless we also consider the Ignis version. Does that mean we do not get alloys in the top end versions? I believe that speedo console should have been neatly merged with the top running cornice or whatever you call that outward projection on the dash. I think the steering still looks very plain-jane inspite of all those controls on it. Either they should have used the left and the right arches on the steering boss to locate those controls or else they should have given a thought about making the steering a-la Honda. Nowadays every manufacturer seems to prefer that kind of steering wheel and it really looks cool IMO.

By the way was this car in Malik or Concorde?
Old 12th October 2009, 17:03   #411
Senior - BHPian

Is Tata still retaining the Indigo name?

The car looks fine in pics to me.
Old 12th October 2009, 17:16   #412
BHPian

I personally dont like the curve on the dashboard and the box type look over the dials, very palio like. The side profile looks better than what initial pics suggested and huge boot. Space wise again this car will be the best in its segment.

One big question what transmission is this car running on Tata or Fiat? Is it the same as Linea or Vista?
Old 12th October 2009, 17:27   #413
Senior - BHPian

Why am I LIKING this?

This car makes the dzire look like its malnourished grandson.
Old 12th October 2009, 17:27   #414
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakhon View Post
Is Tata still retaining the Indigo name?

The car looks fine in pics to me.
Well looks like it ! I agree with you too. I have booked a test drive for this one on their site. Lets c. Quite a few people have been criticizing this car for being disproportionate. I dont think it is as bad as Dzire. And the expected price is another USP for the Manza. I think it will do well. And plus Logan already seems out of competetion... Even with the limited edition, it wont be much of a threat..
Old 12th October 2009, 17:33   #415
Senior - BHPian

The steering wheel could have been better. A three spoke one would have been better IMO. On another note, the boot integration looks much better in these pics compared to the previous ones. But it would have looked even better, if it was a smaller boot. Either ways it would still be the best looking car in it's segment, for me.

There is no Airbags written on the steering. No airbags on this one? In that case it may not be the top end model.

BTW, did anybody participate in the contest on Manza's website. I did and I have been getting mails every two days asking for the next step. Today's was the final step!

Last edited by safari_lover : 12th October 2009 at 17:40.
Old 12th October 2009, 17:40   #416
BHPian

Why TATA why ????

Car is good, but that Dash-job is unacceptable. And why is that Tata continues with that shade of plastic on its steering wheels ? How expensive is a shade darker of the gray plastic that they have used on almost all their cars. And the TATA logo on the steering wheel is also very flimsy.

I hope Tata will rectify these mistakes. In fact I am praying to god about it.
Attached Thumbnails
New Tata Indigo Manza Details : Brochure on Page 36 EDIT : Now launched-whytatawhy_01.jpg  

Old 12th October 2009, 17:40   #417
BHPian

Honestly, I am not impressed with the looks of the Manza. The rear is a big let down for me. The vertical lights look bad. The rear overhang seems a bit too much. The front makes it look exactly like Vista. The only thing that is impressive is the interiors. I like the Steering and the controls (Not sure of the quality of the interiors though). Rear Leg space seems awesome and one of the biggest selling points for this car.

Overall I would give a 6/10 for looks
Old 12th October 2009, 17:55   #418
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anmol2k4 View Post

Car is good, but that Dash-job is unacceptable. And why is that Tata continues with that shade of plastic on its steering wheels ? How expensive is a shade darker of the gray plastic that they have used on almost all their cars. And the TATA logo on the steering wheel is also very flimsy.

I hope Tata will rectify these mistakes. In fact I am praying to god about it.
Agreed. when Tata has done so much, why not go that last bit and do a 100% agreeable job? Apart from the ones you have pointed out, the join of the instrument console with the dashboard is bad as well

Also, if you notice, this is definitely not the top model - no electric mirrors for ex. So top model likely has Airbags, ABS, electric mirrors and Alloys

Last edited by prashanthyr : 12th October 2009 at 18:04. Reason: Additional info
Old 12th October 2009, 17:56   #419
MCR
BHPian

I think this is the best alternative to the Dzire and Ford Fiesta.
Since the Platform is same as that of Indica Vista, I expect the Ride and handling to be very similar.
The pricing will be defenitely in the Swift Dzire territory. Linea is placed just above Dzire and Manza so Fiat will not be very worried.

Dzire Vdi costs approximately 6.80 lacs OTR in Bangalore and with a waiting period of 6 months. Now imagine Manza with a similar OTR but with 90PS engine and add to it the features like steering mounted controls, Blue , realtime mileage indicator etc. its a killer package. The plastics quality of Dzire is not so good either, so plastic quality will not be a deal breaker.
This looks much better than Dzire in the 3/4 view and also the front and the back jell together a lot better than swift. Good job Tata.

Last edited by MCR : 12th October 2009 at 17:57.
Old 12th October 2009, 18:10   #420
BHPian

Interiors give a cheap plasticky look. Steering wheel - they shud change the colour to more darker shades. The look and feel of steering looks cheap too. But then this is supposed to be a cheap car. USP of this car will be the Engine, Space, Featureset.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed