Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2009, 21:52   #496
Senior - BHPian

Wow! This car has tremendous potential. It will lure customers across segments. Right from premium hatchbacks (i20, Fabia, Punto, Swift, etc) to premium C-segment sedans (Fiesta, Linea, City, etc). I wish it all the best!

Last edited by safari_lover : 13th October 2009 at 21:54.
Old 13th October 2009, 22:00   #497
Senior - BHPian

Very very impressive Features and interior.
If the real car is as good as the pics i dare say tata has hit bulls eye!

However it beats me why the alloys shown in the pic is not given in the top model atleast(these look like Linea alloys imo).

Also ACC seems to be missing from the list.
Old 13th October 2009, 22:04   #498
rkg
Senior - BHPian

as per brochure
it has motorised clear lens head lamps

7 speed front wiper with smart wipe

Lumbar support for front seats - 2-Way adjustable for Aura ABS abs Aura+ versions and fixed lumbar support for aqua and aura

Last edited by rkg : 13th October 2009 at 22:10.
Old 13th October 2009, 22:04   #499
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujmishra View Post
Well regarding interior if you are willing to pay 1 lakh more for this car sure TATA will imporve the quality. But remember this is Indigo not Mercedes so do not expect Mercedes interior quality in cheap 5 -7 lakh car. Yes, for better interior you have to shell out more.
Also most of the time, for any engineering product, the price band is decided upfront by the sales/marketing team based on market research and product prositioning. Then the engineering need to design such that the cost is with in the limit. So many times the designers need to cut corners at the last minute to be with in the target range.
If it is done the otherway, probably the product could cost 10 lakh and nobody will buy it, irrespective of the quality, and TM knows it very well.
Old 13th October 2009, 22:20   #500
BHPian

Wow! This is an amazing scoop of what promises to be an awsome car. TATA, you've got a winner in your hands.

It's very interesting to find the ICE and blue5 features across most of the variants. I would say this is one of the most interesting categorization of variants (modularized increment of features across variants). Rear seat arm rests on all variants.

I was really let down by the fact that blue and me came only with linea E+. No wonder if i switch my linea plans to manza. Will wait for the intial reviews and I hope TATA has done everything right this time.
Old 13th October 2009, 22:21   #501
BHPian

Great work Team -BHP!!

Great scoop and early breaking news + pics !
That's being true to the tradition of T-BHP - keep up the good work, all!!
Old 13th October 2009, 22:39   #502
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alto99 View Post
What are the major differentiators of Linea and Manza (feature wise)?
Alloys and Climate control?

Probably the launch of the Linea with more powerful engines soon.
Old 13th October 2009, 22:54   #503
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamveevee View Post
Also most of the time, for any engineering product, the price band is decided upfront by the sales/marketing team based on market research and product prositioning. Then the engineering need to design such that the cost is with in the limit. So many times the designers need to cut corners at the last minute to be with in the target range.
If it is done the otherway, probably the product could cost 10 lakh and nobody will buy it, irrespective of the quality, and TM knows it very well.
And TM more often than not has delivered more in terms of the offering and feature-set. Since they(TML) were poor in build quality, their products did not have the solid build and upmarket feel. But from the vista to nano and now manza, things are looking good.
Old 13th October 2009, 23:53   #504
Senior - BHPian

technically swift dezire is out of the competition.
Attached Thumbnails
New Tata Indigo Manza Details : Brochure on Page 36 EDIT : Now launched-ddgdggd.jpg  

Last edited by ramzsys : 14th October 2009 at 00:09.
Old 13th October 2009, 23:54   #505
BHPian

Wow. At one end you have Cruze launch and at the other end Manza launch(soon). One in the high end C segment and other in the entry level C segment. Exciting week isnt it? Two cars thats gonna give sleepless nights to other car makers.

Love this competition. Would be interesting to see how other manufacturers respond to the two new launches. Immediate hits wud be Dzire, Ikon, Accent. I am ignoring Logan as its already been badly hit.

Fiat Linea would definitely need 1.6MJD. If one doesnt care about looks, build why wud one buy Linea. Ford Fiesta will need 1.6 TDCI or reduce the prices of 1.4TDCI. Knowing Ford, too well, im sure Ford will drop prices in the next few months. Verna, though powerful, its a boring car to me, riding on the strength of Hyundai's A.S.S and distribution. Honda City - though sales will not be affected anyway because of its legendary reputation. But some comparisons can/will arise.

Sid, you are amazing.
Old 14th October 2009, 01:00   #506
BHPian

The features and pics show's how far Tata have advanced in refinement. From the specs, it seems this car will be game changer in entry level segment.

Specailly the fit and finish seems to have improved considerably w.r.t Indigo.

With engine similar to Linea, it will be big headache for both marketing team's to position Linea and Manza in the same show room. Linea will definitely need some upgradation very soon.

I am bit surprised that the "Indigo" name is still associated with Manza.

Further , I hope Manza is not the reason for the delay in launch of SX4 with modified engine.

Last edited by Ram_NP : 14th October 2009 at 01:11.
Old 14th October 2009, 01:56   #507
Team-BHP Support

If you guys have noticed this interior

It makes me wonder whether Tata developed an alternate black and muted-silver interior with matching upholstery as well. If so why did they chose not to offer this one? I think this one looks far superior to what Tata now plans to offer. This one looks "Oh! so classy". Even the steering wheel looks so much better than the dull gray one they are now planning to offer. Or could it be that this interior will be offered for the export market?
Old 14th October 2009, 02:02   #508
H2O
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
If you guys have noticed this interior

It makes me wonder whether Tata developed an alternate black and muted-silver interior with matching upholstery as well. If so why did they chose not to offer this one? I think this one looks far superior to what Tata now plans to offer. This one looks "Oh! so classy". Even the steering wheel looks so much better than the dull gray one they are now planning to offer. Or could it be that this interior will be offered for the export market?
I suppose there might be some inspiration from Jaguar....for these classy interiors...esp. now they own JLR
Old 14th October 2009, 02:04   #509
BHPian

definetly lot of attention played to interiors. what hit me are following points-
1. skillfully designed slots for pens and visiting cards in the glovebox
2. blue5 lets you pair upto 5 phones to the music system busing bluetooth
3. rev indicator turns red if you ever hit the critical RPM
4. audio and blue5 communication control on steering wheel

IF Tata can start standardizing some of the features in its SUVs also it will be really great.
Old 14th October 2009, 08:54   #510
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
technically swift dezire is out of the competition.
Missed this important detail. Thanks for posting this.

Its long and big.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks