Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2009, 10:29   #511
BHPian

The interiors and the entire package certainly looks appealing and what remains to be seen are the prices. But knowing TATA i am sure it will be appealing as well.

Anybody aware of the exact time of the launch today?
Old 14th October 2009, 10:33   #512
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
technically swift dezire is out of the competition.
now that's a big car. Only a tad smaller than city, but wider. Its surpassed only by Linea in this group. But i am sure space will be very good with this car compared to the cramped rear seats of DeZire.
Old 14th October 2009, 10:36   #513
BHPian

Awesome! Fantastic features & interiors. The exterior in the 360 degree view is splendid. A thin but cute spoiler is attached to the boot.
I never seen any car with chrome lining in Handle .

And looks like they are not bothered to promote the available features like rear charger plug, huge legroom, tinted glass for all doors and rear, LED stop lights and even the VGT is not mentioned.

I bet this superior 90 bhp over linea's 86 bhp with better power to weight ratio, it is going to be the fastest in Multijet /DDIS powered cars.

Linea is selling 900~1000 Why should a customer has to pay such premium for Linea for same features and to get cramped rear leg room and headroom? It will be surely affected by 30~40% i guess.

Desire is selling 5-6K it'll be the primary target. but there will be a plenty of loyal customers for the strong swift brand than the look, suspension or the features provided. And fiesta, Verana and Honda city will not be spared for some %.

If desire give competition to the Manza, then i guess there is a secret trump card called "Manza Terra model with out music player, wheel cover and 75 BHP QJD without VGT"

Oh man i have to measure my parking lot
Old 14th October 2009, 10:56   #514
xPK
BHPian

OK!

Tell me one thing now, are we having a car which can take on fiesta, verna, sx4 (rather any mid "C" segment car) in price range of dzire and accent???

Sounds like a pure case of day dreaming.

Somebody wake me up please!!!
Old 14th October 2009, 11:04   #515
Senior - BHPian

The features do look nice, lets see how it feels in person.
Old 14th October 2009, 11:11   #516
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Comments In line in the message:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddyBear View Post
Awesome! Fantastic features & interiors. The exterior in the 360 degree view is splendid. A thin but cute spoiler is attached to the boot.

Called Lip spoiler
I never seen any car with chrome lining in Handle .
Honda Accord 2004-2007

And looks like they are not bothered to promote the available features like rear charger plug, huge legroom, tinted glass for all doors and rear, LED stop lights and even the VGT is not mentioned.

Actually Fiat and Tata both are marketed by TATA and even in the case of linea they did not mention these bits earlier and only now are they mentioning the specific features that make the linea stand out. I guess they would do the same with Manza.

I bet this superior 90 bhp over linea's 86 bhp with better power to weight ratio, it is going to be the fastest in Multijet /DDIS powered cars.

Yep

Linea is selling 900~1000 Why should a customer has to pay such premium for Linea for same features and to get cramped rear leg room and headroom? It will be surely affected by 30~40% i guess.

Yep it would be affected, but features alone don't make a car, and the linea remains the best looking in the segment, infact by size is a segment above but due to pricing gets compared with the City. Build (as in body rigidity and stability at high speeds of the linea is again not likely to be matched by others easilty.)

Desire is selling 5-6K it'll be the primary target. but there will be a plenty of loyal customers for the strong swift brand than the look, suspension or the features provided. And fiesta, Verana and Honda city will not be spared for some %.

If desire give competition to the Manza, then i guess there is a secret trump card called "Manza Terra model with out music player, wheel cover and 75 BHP QJD without VGT"

If marketing guys were to control car features and production, the world would be different today.

Oh man i have to measure my parking lot

Last edited by ACM : 14th October 2009 at 11:12. Reason: Bold
Old 14th October 2009, 11:45   #517
BHPian

Looks really classy in the pictures.

Will have to wait to see it in flesh.Hope the fit and finish is a leap forward.

Also,surprised that they miss out on alloys and automatic climate control(available now in many hatchbacks as well).

Hopefully the Dzire waiting period will come down.
Old 14th October 2009, 11:56   #518
BHPian

Did anybody get any invite for the launch?
Old 14th October 2009, 12:33   #519
Senior - BHPian

a huge improvement over the current one. the interiors are superb BUT..the front is still the same, tata could have made some changes. it looks too bulky and boring.
Old 14th October 2009, 12:33   #520
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy_swift View Post
Also,surprised that they miss out on alloys and automatic climate control(available now in many hatchbacks as well).

Automatic Climate Control has probably been left out to have atleast one major feature difference vis-a-vis the Linea. Maybe we will see this feature in the Manza as and when the Linea migrates to 1.6 MJD and a higher price point.

Possibly TML will introduce automatic cilimatizers on the Indicruz and new Safari first (no conflict of interest with Fiat!).
Old 14th October 2009, 12:35   #521
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy_swift View Post
Hopefully the Dzire waiting period will come down.
If the waiting period for DZire comes down, it will boost the DZire sales, because those customers who don't want to wait for their car and moved to some other options, may come back to Maruti stable. So most of the DZire sales eaten by Manza can be compensated here.
Old 14th October 2009, 12:38   #522
Senior - BHPian

launched?

car looks okay. Not so great but much better than previous gen indigo.

what time is the launch.
Old 14th October 2009, 12:48   #523
BHPian

Revelation Sedan

First of all. awesome scoop !!!!!

Well I always thought TATA was capable of delivering what others have not been able to. Despite of a big front, I still think the Manza looks way cooler and classier than Linea, leave alone Dzire. And if the price is what we comtemplate, then TATA will steal the glory this time round. These features at a throwaway price of 6-7 lacks for a sedan is unmatched.

If I think like a buyer, hatchbacks and overpriced small car buyers will also be compelled to think twice before they eliminate the manza from their list. very tempting.

All in all, TATA seems to cracked the code this time ! I am waiting for them to call me up for a test drive now !!!
Old 14th October 2009, 13:09   #524
BANNED

I just checked that site link.
I think tata has removed it?
Old 14th October 2009, 13:15   #525
BANNED

Yep site is down. Concorde folks are saying that the launch today is only for Delhi & tomorrow it will be across India. They were also saying that the car is on display now.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks