Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2009, 15:38   #676
BHPian

Tata just gets better and better with each release.They should add a Multi(Quadra)Jet 1.6 diesel and
a 1.6 petrol to set the cat among the pigeons of the (so-called) higher mid-size segment - SX4, Verna , and ANHC .If nothing that will bring down the prices of these cars which are absolutely holes in terms of VFM(save the SX4 which gives the crossover's added value) .Tata knows how to play the VFM market and are surely going to be the long term success story of the Indian market.
As far as the front goes, it looks a little odd but the boot space is awesome.Look at some of the pics on the web showing the number of suitcases this boot can contain and you'll see what I mean.And please, I take real exception to those snooty types who try to bring the taxi owner's point of view every time to spoil the argument.Grow up people, Tata makes good cars.Please rub your eyes in disbelief!

Last edited by rpmx1000 : 15th October 2009 at 15:43.
Old 15th October 2009, 15:43   #677
BHPian

My intention was not to bash Manza or TATA ,but bring to a notice .Tata is giving Airbags and ABS only on Aura+ not on other variants(except Aura with ABS).
These word “meets stringent International Standards” which actually concerns me.

In general most of the International cars have 6 Airbags, ABS+EBD and traction control which will be standard in all the variants.Hence in my view this seems to be misleading, that's it.

Finally it's not only TATA but even other manufactures in India gives us such kind of statements.

Note:I personally like Manza and it’s a good VFM for Indian market the main concern is the words they use to market.
Old 15th October 2009, 15:48   #678
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Whoa, outstanding pricing by Tata (as is mostly the case). Segment leading room, a proven fuel efficient engine and a much improved product. I don't think the Dzire will be affected as much as the Fiesta, Verna and Linea. The Linea especially, since its standing side by side in the same showroom + same engine + same aftersales. The Tata brand commands more trust than Fiat. That's one of the reasons behind the timing of the "Fiat First" release. The Manza's space can give some 14 lakh sedans a run for their money.

Should I go ahead and release a brief first drive report?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudan_NFS View Post
In general most of the International cars have 6 Airbags, ABS+EBD and traction control which will be standard in all the variants
Not at all. 6 airbags etc. are not offered on entry / mid level variants of several cars sold in Europe & North America.

Quote:
Finally it's not only TATA but even other manufactures in India gives us such kind of statements.
Well, its marketing spiel and we enthusiasts look beyond such statements.

Last edited by GTO : 15th October 2009 at 15:50.
Old 15th October 2009, 15:49   #679
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YC.BALENO.CHD View Post
?? Dezire uses "Suzuki" developed transmission which does duty on european swift ddis as well. And its another well known fact that in your so called "indian driving conditions" Maruti has better tuned engine/ gearbox combo than the fiat setups and same can be seen in all fiat and tata cars using the setup.
Oh really??? Sure if it were to be put in a Wagon-R, it would perform the best, but that doesnt make it the best tuned?
Why dont you compare the performance of Euro IV version of the same engine in Ritz and Punto? Ritz has better outright acceleration while Punto has better in-gear performance but at the same time Punto is more than 100 kgs heavier. I am not saying Fiat/Tata is better, I am only refuting your claims that Maruti is superior.

Quote:
Now again like you said we don't have sufficient and exact figures so how in the name of your holy quadrajet can you term a car more safe than the other and lead yourself to blindfold conclusions about a car one has not even seen in flesh?
Werent you the one who concluded that Manza would be just the same as Indigo? Have you actually driven the Vista?

Quote:
Now make that 45 page long thread with most appreciative comments from owners of TATA cars.
We do not have (m)-any indigo owners here and it is most unlikely that we will have bhpians running after a sedanised Vista.
How did you came to this conclusion? As a product, the Manza makes a brilliant case for itself. The product strengths are enough to give it a serious consideration, bhpian or not. Compared to its competitors, there isnt even a single major weak point in the package offered for the price.

Quote:
And I have said it before and am repeating it, am not entirely dismissive of the new car, what am dismissive about is the fact that it will make a huge dent on segment leaders.
As for the 'early comments' of mine, the current data is sufficient to atleast safely predict that it wont have good handling/good performance and in most likelihood class leading economy.
Since we are talking only 'assumptions', let assume if it sell as well as the older Indigo, the number will either come from the new segment it will create or it will eat into the sales of some. Both ways the car as of now is destined to be a good seller keeping in mind that older Indigo sold even though it wasnt as polished, good looking a product.

Quote:
What it is and will be is a honest car that serves the purpose of providing optimum space for your money and as with most of the TATA cars a good medium of A to B transportation.
Another assumption? Have you looked or driven the car in real?

Quote:
What it won't have will be smile inducing handling capabilities of the Ikon or dezire and for me and I bet most of the bhpians if a car makes a passenger more happy than the driver, its better left to chauffeur, hence my last comment on the supposed to be owners.
All you have written are only assumptions and bad one's at that!

Quote:
Quote:
@ owners of indica/indigo here
Sure sir, I believe that your cars are well maintained and as good as new and no, I don't need a pic to believe you as I don't have any reason not to believe a fellow bhpian but then we all love cars and thus tend to look after them atleast drive 'em better than the average car owner. Still, my point remains the same, that as mileage builds up TATAs are not really that good at aging gracefully. Dad had a petrol indica V2 as a company car and its maintenance was very well difficult than the esteem we have.
And my request to all those here, you may argue about any aspect of TATA cars but not the plastic. Even on the modern Vista, the plastics are a full grade down than on any Maruti and Hyundai. Though its surely an improvement over Indicas
On what basis you say it with such conviction? Have you lived with one for cosiderable time? Or in your books, good plastics are only those that look good even though rattle all the way to glory?
Old 15th October 2009, 15:50   #680
BHPian

Way to go TATA

I have always been a BIG Pankha (fan) of Tatas, and this really looks stunning. I am now even confused with my choices.

Have been TD-ing cars and almost finalised on Fiesta TDCi SXi yesterday as it has everything I wanted - good engine, comfortable back seats, good driving view etc etc; and there comes Manza. Wow. I think I can defer my buying decision and do detailed TD of this one.

Keeping my fingures crossed, to welcome one more Tata in my parking.
Old 15th October 2009, 15:55   #681
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Totally agree, the condition of my 9+ year old TATA Safari would put to shame most other 4 year old vehicles. TATA vehicles can take abuse and are abused for that reason. The suspension tends to be capable of going through rough roads and potholes without a drop in speed, and hence the car faces further abuse. This is bound to show up somewhere, but if the car is maintained in proper service centres, with owners who care, the condition would be what we call "as good as Mint"
He he , that should read "better than the Mint"..(It was the original code name of the project Indica)
Old 15th October 2009, 15:55   #682
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Yes, most definitely.....at least it would kill quite a bit of the "remains to be seen" that's floating around on this thread
Old 15th October 2009, 15:56   #683
BHPian

Quote:

GTO,

Please go ahead and post your report but do not be brief. We are all eagerly awaiting your detailed report as in the past.

Many of the prospective buyers get influenced by your first drive.

Last edited by Rehaan : 15th October 2009 at 16:01. Reason: Quote fixed.
Old 15th October 2009, 15:57   #684
BHPian

Tata Indigo Manza Real Pictures
Old 15th October 2009, 16:02   #685
BHPian

Please someone !!

Quote:
Am grounded at home after a surgery so cannot go to the showroom myself. Expecting some kind soul to put up first hand reports.
Old 15th October 2009, 16:03   #686
BHPian

GTO waiting for your detailed review

Quote:

A full blown test drive with Pics is what we expect from you.

Hope you have got your hands on one and completed the detailed test.

To me Tata guys have addressed the boot issue which was a big eye sore quite well . This one seems to gel well although you still can figure out its origins quite easily.

Having said that, the Manza makes fantastic sense for what it offers and wish it does really well in line with what its potential is.

Dzire better watch out for!

Good job Tata.

Last edited by muni : 15th October 2009 at 16:05.
Old 15th October 2009, 16:12   #687
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

sirji, neki aur puch puch? do you even need to ask this
awaited to read your review.

just checked out your review thread, seems good and promising but a full review GTO style is awaited with superb pictures too.

Last edited by vijaythacker : 15th October 2009 at 16:18.
Old 15th October 2009, 16:13   #688
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi1309 View Post

Seing the real snaps and features, can only say that if Fortuner had 5000 bookings in 2 weeks at 20L, then this one should have 20,000 in a month at 7L.

Offers even more Car per Car. - but then if that is how things worked in the real world then there would have been 10,000 lineas booked in the first month. Instead ANHC is the largest selling sedan in that segment.

Honda and Toyota brands are hard to beat.
Old 15th October 2009, 16:36   #689
BHPian

This is a looooong boot

This boot, what to say, looks like a cave actually.. just picked this photo from bhpguru!!!
Attached Thumbnails
New Tata Indigo Manza Details : Brochure on Page 36 EDIT : Now launched-15102009307.jpg  

Old 15th October 2009, 16:37   #690
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Note : GTO's complete Manza test report has been uploaded here. Please continue the Manza discussion over on that link. This thread = closed.

Last edited by GTO : 30th October 2009 at 12:02.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks