Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2009, 10:06   #91
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
i thought vista was a bad choice of name, but this beats it thoroughly :|
Names are subjective, I kind of like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Kindly elaborate more on this.

What i was referring to was that Projectors are meant to project the beam of light into a focussed beam rather than create a wide spread. typically this requires a double barrel headlamp structure, with one light being the conventional or Xenon and the other being the projector. (Though double, projectors, and Xenon Projectors too are used at times.).
The projector look that I was referring to was headlights that look like projectors but arn't. They are just designed to look good and since the projectors today apear to be better looking, look like projectors, but done have a very focussed beam. (Some of the aftermarket lights have this look.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
what's so funny in the spark name? It sounds perfect.

Wagon R=Wagon Recreational.
Names are subjective I kind of like it, I do agree that Wagon R on the other hand seemed funny but then we have got used to it and it is today a best seller and would not have done any better with a more conventional name,
Old 1st October 2009, 10:20   #92
Senior - BHPian

Manza: Here is my explanation of this name:

Manza is hindi word called for thread (covered with glass powder with gum) used for kite flying. Manza in this sense used to cut the competitors kites. The strong the Manza the strong chances of survival and cutting kites of competitors (in this case all competitors of Tata ).

Hope you guys enjoy my explanation. Lets wait for Manza and beware Tata Competitors and Tata Bashers.
Old 1st October 2009, 10:38   #93
BHPian

Why is every one so concerned about a name & that too not a 100% confirmed one. Do people buy or not buy a car just because it has a particular name? I am sure that is not the case because one of the best selling cars in India never had a name in the 1st place. No prizes for guessing what I am talking about.
Instead of discussing the name lets try & chalk out what we all expect from the car. There are so many small touches that manufacturers conveniently avoid & even peope like us dont bother much about it. Case in point:
1) The new Indica Vista does not have a boot light. Sad because even today the older Indica gets one.
2) No Auto down or up Power Windows even in the top end version. Even the old Maruti Zen had auto down.
These are small yet really useful stuff that manufacturers conveniently drop... & we dont even take notice.
Old 1st October 2009, 10:42   #94
xPK
BHPian

I kind of like the name "manza". When I pronounce it (like "maanzah") it feels like it's a name for some classy sports car. After reading this name second name came in my mind was "enzo" and not "monza" or "manja". (May be it's just "z" but please don't kill me)

When I compare car and it's name, "manza" might be just too much for an entry level sedan. Definitely I would not mind if my car is called as "manza".

Last edited by xPK : 1st October 2009 at 10:44.
Old 1st October 2009, 10:46   #95
BHPian

A WhoIs confirms that indigomanza.com domain has indeed been registered by Tata Motors Limited.
Old 1st October 2009, 11:59   #96
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick1977 View Post
Why is every one so concerned about a name & that too not a 100% confirmed one. Do people buy or not buy a car just because it has a particular name? I am sure that is not the case because one of the best selling cars in India never had a name in the 1st place. No prizes for guessing what I am talking about.
Instead of discussing the name lets try & chalk out what we all expect from the car. There are so many small touches that manufacturers conveniently avoid & even peope like us dont bother much about it. Case in point:
1) The new Indica Vista does not have a boot light. Sad because even today the older Indica gets one.
2) No Auto down or up Power Windows even in the top end version. Even the old Maruti Zen had auto down.
These are small yet really useful stuff that manufacturers conveniently drop... & we dont even take notice.
Agreed 100%, but I get a feeling that some of the features not mentioned earlier, like the ones that you mention may actually be there in the final release, and no one thought of mentioning them presently.
Old 1st October 2009, 14:42   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
[b]

(X1) * 3= New Tata Indigo

**[*]Dimensions:*
  • Length: 4500 mm
  • width: 1695 mm
  • height: 1540 mm
  • wheelbase: 2550-2600 mm
  • ground clearance: 165 mm

Steering:
  • Type: Hydraulic power assisted rack and pinion

Suspension:
  • Front: Independent Lower wishbone McPherson strut with coil spring and anti roll bar
  • rear: Semi independent twist beam with telescopic shock absorber
  • Shock absorbers: Gas filled, telescopic front and rear

Brakes:
  • Dual Circuit, Diagonally split, Vacuum assisted with PCR valves (Terra, Aqua, Aura), ABS (Ignis)
  • Front: Ventilated Disc
  • rear: self adjusting drum
  • ABS: standard on ignis only.
Wheels and tyres:
  • 14" steel on terra, aqua and aura
  • 14" alloy* on aura
  • Tyre size: 175/65 R14 in terra, aqua and aura, 185/60 R14 in ignis

[*]integrated advanced audio with blue tooth compatibility standard and steering mounted audio controls[*]mike for blue tooth call answering[*]6 way powered driver's seat*[*]Anti Lock brakes[*]Dual airbags for driver and front passenger
Well, How do we compare these suspension, Break, Steering, Blue & Me and the increased wheelbase for this proper sedan over Swift Desire? Start the music
Old 1st October 2009, 15:21   #98
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddyBear View Post
Well, How do we compare these suspension, Break, Steering, Blue & Me and the increased wheelbase for this proper sedan over Swift Desire? Start the music
Actually the swift dezire would be completely blown over in spec terms by the new Indigo how every it may be called, but maurti may still have an edge on reliability and service and hence for that alone continue to do well.
Old 1st October 2009, 17:16   #99
Senior - BHPian

Just looking at the dimensions one can easily confirm that Dzire is no more competition for the Manza, this is a much bigger and more spacious car. With a more powerful version of the 1.3 MJD (with VGT), the diesel makes a very appealing package.
Old 1st October 2009, 18:48   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Actually the swift dezire would be completely blown over in spec terms by the new Indigo how every it may be called, but maurti may still have an edge on reliability and service and hence for that alone continue to do well.

Maruti may have an edge on service reputation perhaps, but Indica/Indigo reliability has been well established. They can take abuse like no other car on our roads.
Old 1st October 2009, 19:22   #101
Senior - BHPian

Whatever be the name, lets hope the TATAs get their quality thing right. As per their past records any new addition is bound to be an unreliable starter and the product settles down a few months down the line with the initial niggling issues sorted out. Only saving grace here might be that the engines are already tested and tried. Lets wait and see how it turns out to be as Diwali is not very far off.
Old 1st October 2009, 20:55   #102
Senior - BHPian

i kinda find the name manza cheap
well ditto withe new indigo and the old one ,i would like to call it the "Poor mans limo". No offence to anyone owning one or planning to own one
Old 1st October 2009, 21:45   #103

Quote:
Originally Posted by chncar View Post
Maruti may have an edge on service reputation perhaps, but Indica/Indigo reliability has been well established. They can take abuse like no other car on our roads.
+1..

Thanx for details SidIndica...
Old 1st October 2009, 22:40   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickatnite View Post
Dull , ugly and underperforming sells well or is highly popular in India, inclding ideas!.
Look at the Swift Dzire. All of the above you describe but still a very very popular car in India. I keep wondering how it sells but hey, kudos to MUL to pull it off.
Old 2nd October 2009, 09:36   #105
BHPian

It is not MUL, it is the public, with 80-90% automotive illiteracy anything goes!!!

As they say "Gadha Ghoda sab barabar!!!!"
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks