Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2009, 08:30   #196
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
car is looking hotttt!!! I love it

Somehow I am not convinced that it is the real pic, especially after seeing the front grill. Is it different from the scoop pics posted in this thread?
I think so too. The front grill in the picture really seems weird.

Those of you who have actually seen the car, can you guys confirm if this picture is real?
Old 8th October 2009, 09:14   #197
BHPian

To me it looks like the real thing. If it is not, it is one impressive editing work here.

Looks good till now. From what is known, the exterior looks good. The interior is differentiated from the Vista. Its all positive signs till now.
Old 8th October 2009, 09:24   #198
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
IMO this looks much better than the dzire and hope it outsells the ugly dzire.
Quote:
Originally Posted by safari_lover View Post
It looks much better than the Dzire, indeed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anmol2k4 View Post
And yes it does look elegant, so it will certainly affect sales of Dzire ANHC and other saloons.
The Dzire has already set the sales charts on fire. Any dampening from now on is not going to pinch MUL that much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Don't worry 'Comrade' a CS version will be out in no time.
Trust Tata to give atleast 5 versions of Manza in next 2 years
Old 8th October 2009, 09:37   #199
BHPian

Today's Times of India has a advertisement well actually a teaser of Manza coming soon. When is the expected launch of manza. The ad picture shows only the dashboard which looks pretty impressive.

--Vikrant
Old 8th October 2009, 09:43   #200
BHPian

I don't think a CS version of Vista is possible. The overall length of Vista (hatch) is 3795 mm. That gives them 105 to 110 mm more to make a boot to make it under 4000 mm or 4 metres. 10 cm more for a short boot? Is it worth it?

Remember that Indica was only 3675 mm long, which gave them 225 mm space to make a boot.

Pradeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Don't worry 'Comrade' a CS version will be out in no time.
Trust Tata to give atleast 5 versions of Manza in next 2 years

Though i agree it looks better if rear is chopped off.

Last edited by pradkumar : 8th October 2009 at 09:45.
Old 8th October 2009, 09:45   #201
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikrantj View Post
Today's Times of India has a advertisement well actually a teaser of Manza coming soon. When is the expected launch of manza. The ad picture shows only the dashboard which looks pretty impressive.

--Vikrant
Yes it looks good. Just saw it as well. It has the KMPL/mileage meter intergrated to the clock. First impression it gave was more Civic-ish, if you know what I mean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradkumar View Post
I don't think that is possible. The overall length of Vista (hatch) is 3795 mm. That gives them 105 to 110 mm more to make a boot to make it under 4000 mm or 4 metres. 10 cm more for a short boot? Is it worth it?

Remember that Indica was only 3675 mm long, which gave them 225 mm space to make a boot.

Pradeep
You took the CS comment too seriously didn't you ?

Last edited by prince_pervez : 8th October 2009 at 09:46.
Old 8th October 2009, 10:15   #202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
The Dzire has already set the sales charts on fire. Any dampening from now on is not going to pinch MUL that much.
Why? I do not think MUL will allow their sales to erode of that easily simply because their launch was good.

But realistically I think majority buys MUL more for their sales/service etc. Hence a better car might not necessarily translate into lost sales.
Old 8th October 2009, 10:20   #203
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapezio View Post
Why?
Quote:

But realistically I think majority buys MUL more for their sales/service etc. Hence a better car might not necessarily translate into lost sales.
You just answered your own question.
So if TATA brings a fresh car at par with the Dzire, who has a good start for nearly 6 months now, a little chewing into Dzire sales is not going to hurt MUL. Hope I am clear this time.
Old 8th October 2009, 10:28   #204
Senior - BHPian

From the teaser pics in today's papers, it seems that the dashboard and even the instrument dials are borrowed from the Linea. What say?
Old 8th October 2009, 10:33   #205
BHPian

Manza pics

Here are a few pics i managed to capture of the Manza on the way to Pune . I guess they have been put up before too ..
Attached Thumbnails
New Tata Indigo Manza Details : Brochure on Page 36 EDIT : Now launched-07072009004.jpg  

New Tata Indigo Manza Details : Brochure on Page 36 EDIT : Now launched-07072009008.jpg  

New Tata Indigo Manza Details : Brochure on Page 36 EDIT : Now launched-07072009009.jpg  

New Tata Indigo Manza Details : Brochure on Page 36 EDIT : Now launched-07072009011.jpg  

Old 8th October 2009, 10:35   #206
BHPian

Quote:

--Vikrant

Yes, the dashboard looks cool and the meter display is well intergrated. It also shows the outside temperature. Will the Manza come with ACC?

How is the blue tooth call answering in manza different from Blue & Me?
Old 8th October 2009, 10:45   #207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
You just answered your own question.
So if TATA brings a fresh car at par with the Dzire, who has a good start for nearly 6 months now, a little chewing into Dzire sales is not going to hurt MUL.

I don't think we mean the same. I meant that it might not 'chew in'. If it chews in then definitely its a headache. No company wants to say that their year-on-year sales fell (how much ever small it is) because a rival was launched.

Anyways as you said the D-zire seems to well established already. I still can't get over the boot though. Hope the Manza turns out to be better.
Old 8th October 2009, 10:57   #208
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapezio View Post

I don't think we mean the same.
In all good spirits sir, this is what you quoted.
Quote:
Hence a better car might not necessarily translate into lost sales.
IMHO Manza has been given the practical aura like the Dzire. If the customer finds the 'Manza' an equally practical car, then I don't see any reason why prospective customers won't peek into TATA showrooms, and translate some of those peeks into sales.
Quote:
Anyways as you said the D-zire seems to well established already. I still can't get over the boot though. Hope the Manza turns out to be better.
, Manza, from what I can see here, is better looking, and those who simply cannot digest the Dzsire and find equal practicality over it will go for Manza or something like it.
Old 8th October 2009, 11:13   #209
BHPian

Quote:

--Vikrant
The launch is very likely on 14th Oct. I remember reading it earlier in this thread. Also, if you look at the Manza Contest terms and conditions - it says contest open till 11:59 PM on 13 Oct.

Fingers crossed that Tata will give a genuine alternative to the Dzire
Old 8th October 2009, 11:15   #210
Senior - BHPian

Oh so it does have the archaic grille. *blech*
Closed Thread

Most Viewed