Old 8th October 2009, 11:26   #211
Senior - BHPian

Saw Manzas ad in today TOI
Old 8th October 2009, 11:41   #212
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapezio View Post
Why? I do not think MUL will allow their sales to erode of that easily simply because their launch was good.

But realistically I think majority buys MUL more for their sales/service etc. Hence a better car might not necessarily translate into lost sales.
Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
You just answered your own question.
So if TATA brings a fresh car at par with the Dzire, who has a good start for nearly 6 months now, a little chewing into Dzire sales is not going to hurt MUL. Hope I am clear this time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
In all good spirits sir, this is what you quoted.

IMHO Manza has been given the practical aura like the Dzire. If the customer finds the 'Manza' an equally practical car, then I don't see any reason why prospective customers won't peek into TATA showrooms, and translate some of those peeks into sales.

, Manza, from what I can see here, is better looking, and those who simply cannot digest the Dzsire and find equal practicality over it will go for Manza or something like it.
Quote:

I don't think we mean the same. I meant that it might not 'chew in'. If it chews in then definitely its a headache. No company wants to say that their year-on-year sales fell (how much ever small it is) because a rival was launched.

Anyways as you said the D-zire seems to well established already. I still can't get over the boot though. Hope the Manza turns out to be better.
My gut feel is that the DZire will be affected big time though Maruti service is better, also affected would be fring players like the Accent, Icon, Super Hatch segment cars etc.

With the name being kept seperate from the Indigo and the Indigo continuing, this should break the Manza away from the Taxi crowd into Value Car seeker territory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pats View Post
Y

How is the blue tooth call answering in manza different from Blue & Me?
I belive the blue tooth system of the manza is like the one on the first vista aniversery edition, which is a bit like the aftermarket bluetooth systems that are awailable, while the Blue and me is something that fiat and microsoft have worked on jontly to develop and intergrates better with the car electronics.

Application wise would be pretty close and acceptable.
Old 8th October 2009, 11:47   #213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
With the name being kept separate from the Indigo and the Indigo continuing, this should break the Manza away from the Taxi crowd into Value Car seeker territory.
It seems like people are a lot more snobbish than Tata thought. The Sumo Grande story is going on in some other thread.

The branding is very crucial. But its not yet 100% clear whether Indigo name will be retained. Or is it?

On the other hand we can even argue that comparatively Indigo is a better brand than Indica and Sumo. Its not that commercial in image. I suppose this also differs from region to region.
Old 8th October 2009, 11:49   #214
Team-BHP Support

From the Advert in TOI it looks the manza has a real time FE calculator and an advanced trip computer. The interiors also look swell!
Old 8th October 2009, 11:59   #215
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
It seems like people are a lot more snobbish than Tata thought. The Sumo Grande story is going on in some other thread.

The branding is very crucial. But its not yet 100% clear whether Indigo name will be retained. Or is it?

On the other hand we can even argue that comparatively Indigo is a better brand than Indica and Sumo. Its not that commercial in image. I suppose this also differs from region to region.
Yep Indigo is a better brand than Sumo and Indica but still it is used as a taxi to a large extent, it is one of the two cars used by Meru cabs in Mumbai (other being the logan) and yep people do not want to be seen in a vehicle that is used as a taxi.

It is a different matter that the Merc and Skoda are two of the most popular Taxi vehicles in Europe.
Old 8th October 2009, 12:05   #216
Senior - BHPian

I am impressed by what i have seen in Manza so far. I hope for branding's sake that the name Indigo goes and its just Manza.

If Tata can do a a good job in quality - this would be a landmark car.
Old 8th October 2009, 12:14   #217
BHPian

Can some one kindly post the linky to the official website
Old 8th October 2009, 12:19   #218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alen View Post
Just received this link from a friend working in TML and also on the promo for manza. Its their teaser campaign that will be going live tommorow (or is it today, its already past midnite anyway)
Manza - Look forward to a new level of indulgence

Here is the link to the teaser site.
Old 8th October 2009, 12:19   #219
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kool_Kid View Post
Can some one kindly post the linky to the official website
Manza - Look forward to a new level of indulgence
Old 8th October 2009, 12:25   #220
BHPian

Tata Cars generally excel in interior space and ride comfort.
The recent pics of the Vista Anniv,2nd Edition, show their commitment to quality too.

So, they should definitely have a trick up their sleeve for the Manza.
Old 8th October 2009, 12:28   #221
BHPian

Quote:
It is one of the two cars used by Meru cabs in Mumbai (other being the logan) and yep people do not want to be seen in a vehicle that is used as a taxi.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
I hope for branding's sake that the name Indigo goes and its just Manza.
I agree. Once its used as a mainstream Taxi its difficult to shake of the image. The good sign is that the word Indigo is not seen on the teaser pages. Hope they allow Manza to remain a separate brand.

And I think by the segment standards, it is decently 'separated' from the parent hatch; especially compared to Swift/D-zire combo. The headlamps are reworked. I have a doubt that the front bumper has changed (just a doubt). The interiors are refreshed adequately. So everything else points to ample demarcation to make a new brand.
Old 8th October 2009, 12:58   #222
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reality View Post
Here are a few pics i managed to capture of the Manza on the way to Pune . I guess they have been put up before too ..

Looking at the last picture in your list - the console is central mounted.. It apparent that Manza is coming with regular driver oriented console. Not sure if that was just the test version or anything different. But one thing i observed from the new manza, it has borrowed heavily from fiat ... its engine and console design to start with.

Quote:
My gut feel is that the DZire will be affected big time though Maruti service is better, also affected would be fring players like the Accent, Icon, Super Hatch segment cars etc.

With the name being kept seperate from the Indigo and the Indigo continuing, this should break the Manza away from the Taxi crowd into Value Car seeker territory.
What you say might not be entirely true.. Tata has a perennial quality problem. I have driven the V2 Petrol for 5 long years. It has quality issues of plastic, electrical malfunctions (though nothing serious), gear shift is like working on a Tata 407, the pedal positions are most uncomfortable (specially for long drives). I havent had any notable problems in these 5 years but driving is not fun in a tata car - But if tata has learnt from its past mistake and does deliver a good manza, i might exchange it with my V2

Last edited by Zappo : 8th October 2009 at 16:52. Reason: Please use the Multiquote button to respond to multiple posts.
Old 8th October 2009, 13:13   #223
BHPian

Man, based on the pics, reactions above, and few info about Manza from GTO in another thread ( Linea vs City ) - I feel its gonna rock. Its gonna shake up the whole premium hatchback segment and C segment as said by ACM above.

Cars that will take a hit or feel the heat-

Premium hatchback segment - Punto, i20, maybe Jazz (though its already hit)
C segment Entry level - Dzire, Ikon, Accent, Logan
C segment Mid level - Fiesta, Linea, Verna
Old 8th October 2009, 13:35   #224
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikanths1 View Post
What you say might not be entirely true.. Tata has a perennial quality problem. I have driven the V2 Petrol for 5 long years. It has quality issues of plastic, electrical malfunctions (though nothing serious), gear shift is like working on a Tata 407, the pedal positions are most uncomfortable (specially for long drives). I havent had any notable problems in these 5 years but driving is not fun in a tata car - But if tata has learnt from its past mistake and does deliver a good manza, i might exchange it with my V2
That's old story, vista was the first big step for them in the area of quality, and this will be their second big step.
Old 8th October 2009, 13:51   #225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivn View Post
Cars that will take a hit or feel the heat-

Premium hatchback segment - Punto, i20, maybe Jazz (though its already hit)
C segment Entry level - Dzire, Ikon, Accent, Logan
C segment Mid level - Fiesta, Linea, Verna
I don't think so Fiesta,Linea,Verna would feel the heat since Manza is going to be a segment below.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed