Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2009, 22:35   #316
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapezio View Post
This still might be a pre-production vehicle! I am just trying to think of possibilities that its not an Indigo. Also they never used the word Indigo in the website.
Come on Guys, after all we knew it is new indigo and even the public can guess it as Indigo from the front. Then why to lie by calling it with some other name?

Only poor indians (common man) doesn't know that i10 is new Santro, ikon is old fiesta, esteem is old swift, new accent is verna, new baleno is SX4, etc.

For above cars the looks are different, but for Manza any one can tell that it is new Indigo. Like Vista, the name Manza will be called by the customers.

Last edited by TeddyBear : 9th October 2009 at 22:37.
Old 9th October 2009, 22:37   #317
BHPian

Sid, I do not see any resemblance between the eldorado and Maza... agreed that the tail lamps are vertical, but then they y are wrap around. Its the contrast in the picture that makes them look different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddyBear View Post
Come on Guys, after all we knew it is new indigo and even the public can guess it as Indigo from the front. Then why to lie by calling it with some other name?
Same reason why Ford Taurus became 500, to change the image. Same reason why Accord in UK is TSX in US. It could be follow up to an old car, but its an all new design and it makes sense if they want to name it different so as to set it apart from its predecessor's image. Plus, they might sell the older gen alongside with the new one.

Last edited by Mayavi : 9th October 2009 at 22:40.
Old 9th October 2009, 23:14   #318
BHPian

Manza has really made good hype,we have crossed four pages in single day for those pics posted on page 18!.

if tail light design was good ,it could have changed the looks of the rear and i don't think those tail lights are clear lens.
Old 9th October 2009, 23:35   #319
BHPian

Want more...

Interiors and brochure please. Where are all the leaks?
Old 9th October 2009, 23:38   #320
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarvodaya View Post
Why torture by posting pics of this "thing"?. Is there anything that equals the DZ'ire in ugliness ?. Yes there is and the name is "Manza". "Ugly" rules in India so i'm sure this car will sell.Alas!. Another opportunity to excel lost by TATA Motors. Can i cancel my test drive online?.
Old 9th October 2009, 23:56   #321
BHPian

teaser pics of interiors indicates a different look from Vista interiors. Steering mounted controls offered.
Old 10th October 2009, 00:08   #322
BHPian

Interesting to note that this time around there are more folks who "like" the look. Though I am leaning towards the "dislike" category, I am going to wait and see if this look grows on me.

But yes I am disappointed and this is a great opportunity wasted by TATA.
Old 10th October 2009, 00:26   #323
BHPian

Today when I went to service center for ECU software flashing for better A/c done by TATA for my vista, CRM there told me that there will be 4 variants in both petrol and diesel. Both are 90bhp. Rear leg space would be more than indigo XL. Top variant will have leather interiors. Gear shift ratio is improved when compared to Linea.
Old 10th October 2009, 01:28   #324
BHPian

I am just hoping like hell that Tata gets the fit/finish and quality right this time around. Space and Price are something we kind of take for granted from them.

All that Tata has to do is simple - offer everything that the Dzire offers plus SPACE (which the Dzire lacks due to the Swift origin) - all at a competitive (read lower) price. If Tata achieves this, everything will be forgiven - the looks, the taxi image and everything other negative thing that the Indica/Indigo is infamous for. BUT, this is the BIG Q - Can Tata deliver?
Old 10th October 2009, 03:18   #325
BHPian

It is a major step forward from the old Indigo .
If interiors are as good as they are being hyped , then Tata sure has a winner in its hands .
Old 10th October 2009, 03:35   #326
BHPian

bad implementation of elegante..?

From what i can see, the back got implemented as is and the good looking front grille is gone. Thankfully we don't have elegante's front bumper and fenders

May be it's time someone starts building body kits to rescue manza
Attached Thumbnails
New Tata Indigo Manza Details : Brochure on Page 36 EDIT : Now launched-manza_elegante.jpg  

Old 10th October 2009, 06:55   #327
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickatnite View Post
Why torture by posting pics of this "thing"?. Is there anything that equals the DZ'ire in ugliness ?. Yes there is and the name is "Manza". "Ugly" rules in India so i'm sure this car will sell.Alas!. Another opportunity to excel lost by TATA Motors. Can i cancel my test drive online?.
I had the good fortune to speak to a few heavy weight designers from across the world. I had a very simplistic view on automobile designs till I met them. Trust me designing cars is not all about drawing lines. Its unbelievably technical. I understand that among all jobs adding a boot is the most messy job. There is no two way about it. The main issue is simply the stress points in a sedan and a hatch are totally different.

If Suzuki with all their resources could release a D-zire perhaps you should give some credit to Tata for trying earnestly.
Old 10th October 2009, 08:49   #328
BHPian

I hope this Manza doesnt take the crown from Dzire for being the ugliest sedan. I am searching for some bit or part that I could like, in the above pics. I honestly couldnt find one bit that I could say nice.
Old 10th October 2009, 11:08   #329
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapezio View Post
I had the good fortune to speak to a few heavy weight designers from across the world. I had a very simplistic view on automobile designs till I met them. Trust me designing cars is not all about drawing lines. Its unbelievably technical. I understand that among all jobs adding a boot is the most messy job. There is no two way about it. The main issue is simply the stress points in a sedan and a hatch are totally different.

If Suzuki with all their resources could release a D-zire perhaps you should give some credit to Tata for trying earnestly.
Too many "heavy weight" designers, perhaps?. Nothing excuses designing "ugly". Either TATA Motors wants to make a statement like SsansYong Motors, they are a victim of malicious intent by their hired European designers or the people who work at TATA Motors have no concept of aesthetics and style and/or a combination of all of the forementioned. This car is ugly by any yardstick of design and proportion. Look at SEAT's designs for starters among the automotive fraternity. Also, adding a notchback to a two-box is not new engineering. VW did it first and elegantly with the Jetta. There are many more examples. Shame on TATA Motors for dumping substandard, ungainly/awkward looking and ugly products in the Indian auto market.

Last edited by nickatnite : 10th October 2009 at 11:18.
Old 10th October 2009, 11:25   #330
Senior - BHPian

this will might look good. sorry for poor paintbrush job
Attached Thumbnails
New Tata Indigo Manza Details : Brochure on Page 36 EDIT : Now launched-1111.jpg  

Last edited by tushky : 10th October 2009 at 11:26.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks