Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2009, 18:26   #421
BHPian

I think the interiors looked quite good for a Tata car, compared to the interiors of the previous incarnation of the Indigo.

I'd wait to touch/feel the interiors to see what quality they are of. The instrument cluster somehow does not gel with the dashboard, like its glued together or something.
But otherwise, I guess they have largely followed the Vista interiors and have come up with an acceptable lower-end sedan.

The addition of the boot also does not seem to look out of proportion, although I guess this will be clearer with a first-hand look at the car. It does certainly look better than the DZire.

Any team-bhp first-hand review coming out soon?
Old 12th October 2009, 19:01   #422
BHPian

Whats with the huge gap on the passenger side glove box door?

As much as the exterior panel gaps have improved, the interiors are only a shade better than the regular Vista.
Old 12th October 2009, 19:09   #423
BHPian

Better in pics than the PS renderings

Well, well, well, the car definitely looks better in the pics compared to the PS renderings - I guess the devil is in the detail and the pics appear to show the subtle variations of details which appear to make it more proportionate. Need to see some good quality pics of the car taken at a slight distance to see its overall proportionality of design. - And what's with that 'boxed' speedo console?

Last edited by Rigid Rotor : 12th October 2009 at 19:11.
Old 12th October 2009, 19:18   #424

Excellent pics.... A few things on dash could have been avoided but overall it's nice and refreshing...
Old 12th October 2009, 19:24   #425
BHPian

Tata seems to have gotten the art of designing the exterior right. Quality of interior plastics are definitely a big improvement. However the interior console and dashboard design leaves lot to be desired. The buttons look too wide and distributed.
Old 12th October 2009, 19:53   #426
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chncar View Post
Whats with the huge gap on the passenger side glove box door?

As much as the exterior panel gaps have improved, the interiors are only a shade better than the regular Vista.
i dont think there is a huge gap. even linea has gap.
Attached Thumbnails
New Tata Indigo Manza Details : Brochure on Page 36 EDIT : Now launched-fiat_linea_center_console.jpg  

Old 12th October 2009, 20:06   #427
Senior - BHPian

My sources are telling me that the prices are in the same range as I estimated earlier-4.99-6.50, but I CANNOT believe them.
Old 12th October 2009, 20:15   #428
BHPian

Dash board design looks some what odd for me, sepcially the design above the speedo.The interiors have improve much than the previous Indigo,I wish they bring soon better fit and finish interiors for Manza.This steering is similar to the once in 2009 Indica with controls and new logo.
Old 12th October 2009, 20:39   #429
BHPian

Relieved after seeing the pictures. Exterior looks are good. Let us wait for the Top end's Picture. Hope they launch Ignis version in India instead of reserving it for South Africa like they did on Vista.

Mods, are there any approach from Tata motors for the Test drive?
Old 12th October 2009, 21:15   #430
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddyBear View Post
Relieved after seeing the pictures. Exterior looks are good. Let us wait for the Top end's Picture. Hope they launch Ignis version in India instead of reserving it for South Africa like they did on Vista.

Mods, are there any approach from Tata motors for the Test drive?
Here's the link Ted.. Manza - Look forward to a new level of indulgence..
Apart from the test drive booking, try the contest and the fun games theyve got here...
Old 12th October 2009, 21:25   #431
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rach View Post
I went to do the PDI of my Punto and this is what I have seen there... ...

New Tata Indigo Manza Details : Brochure on Page 36 EDIT : Now launched-manza_05.jpg

Well, the view from this angle is equally disappointing as Dzire! This time the front looks totally out of proportion!

Last edited by breezydrive : 12th October 2009 at 21:26.
Old 12th October 2009, 21:37   #432
Senior - BHPian

some parts fo the dash where the speedo pod/binacle is looks like a BMW dashboard copy Tata's are going the hyundai way so it seems
Old 12th October 2009, 22:29   #433
Senior - BHPian

Here we go again. Why cant they call it just Manza?? they need to shake off that Indica/go cabbie/cheapcar image.
Old 12th October 2009, 22:36   #434
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
What impact can can this have on the Logan? It already sells in negligible numbes - only to Taxi chains - and these are not the TG for Manza.
The lower end Manza is ideal for (Tourist) taxi operators. In case of Logon, negligible will become nil. My prediction is Mahindra will terminate the relationship with Renault and Logan will eventually become extinct.
Old 12th October 2009, 22:51   #435
Senior - BHPian

I must say, that I personally like the interior. It is a vast improvement from the previous all grey interior. The switches look properly in place and maybe Tata is just trying out a different design all together. I will hold my comment about the panel gaps and quality of interior plastic till I see it in person.

Exterior: The problem, I think, with this design is that the Indica Vistas front makes it look sort of a mini MUV / MPV. Keeping the same front design for the Indigo Manza makes this sedan look less elegant and more bulky. Though, I am sure it packs enough space inside to outrun all the competition besides and above its segment.

I really hope this new Indigo a a good car to live with.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks