Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2009, 22:08   #586
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
The joint venture between TATA and FIAT is a 50-50 one. So every car made out of this venture (factory) would mean equal share between TATA and FIAT
50:50 Joint venture does not mean the profit is also shared 50:50. You are right when a car is sold (whether Manza or Linea) both (Tata and Fiat) will make money. But it wont be the same. You need to read the full agreement to find out the profit sharing part, i believe this is not available to the public.
Old 14th October 2009, 22:09   #587

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaydas View Post
oO the rear seat legroom looks terrific.
definitely a hit at at least in the chauffeur driven/ taxi segment .

Rear Legroom is definitely better in the segment.

But 360 degree interior view on the site has front seats pulled all the way forward which makes legroom look enormous and also makes the handbrake protrude into the rear. ideally rear legroom will be upto the point where handbrake ends (which is still great as compared to cramped dzire).
Old 14th October 2009, 22:15   #588
BHPian

They got the pricing right too! I am now soooo eager to see the sales charts of the coming months.
Old 14th October 2009, 22:43   #589
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
Excellent price. So, how about our Dzire? Will have any heat from this?
Wow, 6.7 lakhs ex showroom Pune for the Aura+, that is fantastic pricing. Tata will now have to deliver a truly high quality product if it has to dent the dzire market. Then sure MSIL will have to scratch their heads.

Nikhil
Old 14th October 2009, 22:45   #590
oss
BHPian

With this pricing, the diesel version will definitely hit the DZire & Ikon diesel hard. May be it will even hit the Fiesta & SX4, if it is finished well & rides well.

Personally i still have my doubt about the finish quality as some of the actual pictures look quite unconvincing. It's only the pictures in the website & brochure look drool-wrothy, but that is done with best-in -profession photographers, right. They are paid to make it look good.

Let us see it in flesh and blood and decide. But all said and done, this is going to shake up the entry level sedan segment big time, atleast the diesel powered version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
How many Vista's had you seen as a taxi?
I had seen one till date and that hardly makes it a taxi segment car.
However the base version might attract taxi people.
The point is, the Indica name keeps the individual buyers away. Too bad if it keeps the taxi buyers also away
Old 14th October 2009, 22:48   #591
Senior - BHPian

The price is shocking. Very competitive and I think it will still continue to lead the segment. The design looks very bulky. It does not look elegant at all. Dare I say, that the previous Indigo is a beauty compared to this.

The interior however, looks great and the stuff it comes with, tilt steering, driver information system, height adjustment for the drivers seat, airbags, abs, stereo system, steering wheel controls, is a vast improvement. Tatas have always provided satisfactory equipment in their cars at a price much lower than the competition.

Plus, I read that this one is larger than the previous Indigo which means that the car will be much more spacious. I am sure the design will grow on people, just like the old Indigo and the Dzire did. Hope all this works out good for Tata Motors.
Old 14th October 2009, 22:54   #592
Senior - BHPian

Price comparison, ex showroom Delhi

Swift Dzire Al Tec 32 petrol
  • LXi- 4,62,354
  • VXi- 5,08,376
  • ZXi- 5,97,501
Indigo Manza Safire petrol
  • aqua- 4,80,000
  • aura- 5,15,000
  • aura ABS- 5,40,000
  • aura plus-5,90,000
Swift Dzire DDiS diesel
  • LDi- 5,48,554
  • VDi- 5,92,662
  • ZDi- 6,74,124
Indigo Manza quadrajet diesel
  • aqua- 5,70,000
  • aura- 5,99,000
  • aura ABS- 6,29,000
  • aura plus-6,75,000
Hope that this time people will buy the manza and lose the Dzire to own any other ikonic car which does not have an accentuated personality in a way that this car has in which India goes and saya TATA to the competition.

Last edited by sidindica : 14th October 2009 at 22:59.
Old 14th October 2009, 23:06   #593
BHPian

Don't mean to nit-pick, but the 360 degree interior view on the website shows the 4 power window switches & electrical ORVM controls on both the driver as well as the passenger doors!

That apart - I think these interiors are brilliant. Lets hope that the car escapes the quality niggles that the other Tata vehicles have, since it is being built at another plant (Different Quality team for incoming parts as well as finished product).

Great timing with the launch on TML's part too!
Old 14th October 2009, 23:07   #594
BHPian

Did anyone study the 360 degree quicktime animation?

Did anyone study the 360 degree quicktime animation? I saw the power mirror control knob on the front LHS & RHS door handles. Plus the FL, FR, RL, RR power window controls are also seen on both door handles.

New Tata Indigo Manza Details : Brochure on Page 36 EDIT : Now launched-manza.jpg

Is it intentional or photoshop taken to the extreme?

nikhil
Old 14th October 2009, 23:30   #595
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Price comparison, ex showroom Delhi
Hope that this time people will buy the manza and lose the Dzire to own any other ikonic car which does not have an accentuated personality in a way that this car has in which India goes and saya TATA to the competition.
Nice Touch Sid

I just read Zigwheels' first test drive report. Test drive & Review praise the car. They didn't reveal all the details as they reserved it for the recently launched ZigWheel auto magazine.
Tata-Indigo-Manza-First-Drive,Buy New Cars, Used Cars, Auto News and Reviews India - Zigwheels.com

And official Manza site is available now (Except price)
Indigo Manza

Last edited by TeddyBear : 14th October 2009 at 23:44.
Old 14th October 2009, 23:30   #596

Even Camry ( Ex-showroom Rs. 21 lakh approx.) does not have features like Bluetooth pairing
Old 14th October 2009, 23:33   #597
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsbhagwat View Post
Did anyone study the 360 degree quicktime animation? I saw the power mirror control knob on the front LHS & RHS door handles. Plus the FL, FR, RL, RR power window controls are also seen on both door handles.

Attachment 210320

nikhil
Good Catch!
This seems to be photoshop error!
Old 14th October 2009, 23:34   #598
BANNED

Check Test Drive of Manza:
:: AUTOCAR INDIA - CAR AND BIKE MAGAZINE ::
Old 14th October 2009, 23:36   #599
BHPian

The Q90 AURA ABS car is displayed at Fortune nerul. The first impresion what I got was good. Space, Looks, Features & now the pricing is good.

What I didnt like was its front/side view ( near the head lights it a bit odd), controls on the steering are to tiny or rather difficult to control, The speedo & RPM dials Oh! I need my specs. Beige interiors not to my taste.

Last edited by kiren : 14th October 2009 at 23:37.
Old 15th October 2009, 00:02   #600
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsbhagwat View Post
....the FL, FR, RL, RR power window controls are also seen on both door handles.

The entire thing is computer graphics.

When modeling it they must have just mirrored the right side of the car.

cya
R
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks