Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2009, 10:02   #616
Senior - BHPian

Nice car. But why don't they do something about that ridiculous grill?
Old 15th October 2009, 10:47   #617
BHPian

Its good to Know that TATA has discontinued Indigo and CS,but they have retained XL for tax segment I guess and good movie.Have they reduced the price of XL.so where is the detailed test report.
Old 15th October 2009, 10:49   #618
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvvinod View Post
PAY 3k Less than competitor and get 15 PS powerful car with out waiting for 6 to 8 months

Bangalore EX showroom price

Swift Dzire Zdi =663305.95
Displacement (cc) 1248 cc
Power 75 PS @ 4000 rpm
Torque 190 Nm @ 2000 rpm

MANZA QUADRAJET AURA + = 660179

Engine Capacit 1248 cc
Max. Power 90 PS @ 4000 RPM
Max. Torque 200 Nm@ 1750-3000 RPM

Kudos to Tata!!!
The same could have been said for the Vista vis-a-vis Swift DDIS.
Didnt exactly happen that way, right ?

Vista was far better looking, better designed than the earlier Indica, with good spaceous interiors. However, drive and compare it with a DDIS and it simply loses out there. Even in sales figures. Why ?

Its got something to do with quality, fit, finish and the general feel good factor. Maruti's overall quality is nothing to write home about, however it definately seems better put together than a Tata (up until now). All of it - handling, suspension, steering feel, gearbox, power delivery.

The Manza pics may look outstanding on the site (thanks to all the imaging tools), however whether that translates into the actual product being that good is something which will become a major deciding factor.
Old 15th October 2009, 10:59   #619
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by muke31 View Post
if Manza interior has acceptable plastic quality then this car may pose threat to Dzire.
Dzire is hardly any benchmark for interior quality. Atleast this wont rattle after 2k kms!
Old 15th October 2009, 11:03   #620
BHPian

Death knell for Dzire, Ikon and Accent. I dont see any point buying these three cars now. And serious threat for cars above and below Manza.
Especially above ones like - Fiesta, Verna, Linea, City, SX4. Infact I dont see a point buying Fiesta, Linea or Verna unless I want the looks and handling of Linea or Fiesta or power of Verna. One needs to open a thread to discuss on the possible impacts of Manza on other cars. How would they respond by means of price cuts, new variants,etc. This car Manza redefines the whole segment.
Old 15th October 2009, 11:19   #621
BHPian

Any similar plans for Marina?
Old 15th October 2009, 11:19   #622
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivn View Post
Death knell for Dzire, Ikon and Accent. I dont see any point buying these three cars now. And serious threat for cars above and below Manza.
Especially above ones like - Fiesta, Verna, Linea, City, SX4. Infact I dont see a point buying Fiesta, Linea or Verna unless I want the looks and handling of Linea or Fiesta or power of Verna. One needs to open a thread to discuss on the possible impacts of Manza on other cars. How would they respond by means of price cuts, new variants,etc. This car Manza redefines the whole segment.
Dude, Fiesta takes 11 secs for a 0-100, This one takes in excess of 17 which is the same as that of the Matiz 800cc. It is not just the space and size that people want. There are other things to look in the car

Last edited by abhi1309 : 15th October 2009 at 11:22.
Old 15th October 2009, 11:20   #623
BHPian

A detailed car test drive and report eagerly awaited . That would give a clear picture of much talked interior quality. Reading all the facts i feel Tata managed to produce a Gem that is likely to give tough time to its competitors, in this process there should be a constant efforts on Tata's part to improve in quality with customer feedbacks at certain periodic intervals to sustain the competition like Honda did with ANHC after receiving customer feedbacks .
Old 15th October 2009, 11:27   #624
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by driving_smartly View Post
A detailed car test drive and report eagerly awaited . That would give a clear picture of much talked interior quality. Reading all the facts i feel Tata managed to produce a Gem that is likely to give tough time to its competitors, in this process there should be a constant efforts on Tata's part to improve in quality with customer feedbacks at certain periodic intervals to sustain the competition like Honda did with ANHC after receiving customer feedbacks .
I agree, this should be the best Tata yet and the kind of improvements that they have managed in this 2nd generation Indigo are tremendous. They have done almost everything that they needed to. A detailed report will do the rest. I am trying to get a test drive. I hope the interiors have improved on the Vista. Still the car is awesome value for money.
Old 15th October 2009, 11:27   #625
Senior - BHPian

How many of you feel something odd about the side profile of Manza, by looking at the
front hood?

The picture, as seen in the home page of Manza -
Indigo Manza

It looks to be lifted up too much, like an additional air intake manifold or something.
Old 15th October 2009, 11:35   #626
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudan_NFS View Post
Its good to Know that TATA has discontinued Indigo and CS,but they have retained XL for tax segment ....
The CS has not been discontinued. It will continue to be produced. Please read the link below.

Tata Motors to phase out old Indigo; drive in Manza - dnaindia.com
Old 15th October 2009, 11:38   #627
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi1309 View Post
Dude, Fiesta takes 11 secs for a 0-100, This one takes in excess of 17 which is the same as that of the Matiz 800cc. It is not just the space and size that people want. There are other things to look in the car
Dude... The Fiesta 1.4 TDCi takes 17.13 secs to reach 100 kmph (Autocar figures). You are comparing petrol acceleration figure of the Fiesta to the diesel of Tata. The Manza's acceleration is not earth shattering. But its not bad either... Best figures in the segment is Verna diesel (I think) with 14+ secs. A detailed test is what we need.

Last edited by Trapezio : 15th October 2009 at 11:39.
Old 15th October 2009, 11:42   #628
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi1309 View Post
The diesel Fiesta will take longer to reach the ton, the figures you quoted should be for the 1.6 Petrol.

Edit: thanks Trapezio for the exact numbers.
Edit: Clevermax just called up local Tata dealer. We can see one only on the 25th :(

Last edited by jkdas : 15th October 2009 at 11:44.
Old 15th October 2009, 11:51   #629
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
The diesel Fiesta will take longer to reach the ton, the figures you quoted should be for the 1.6 Petrol.

Edit: thanks Trapezio for the exact numbers.
Edit: Clevermax just called up local Tata dealer. We can see one only on the 25th :(
well jk, a friend called me up just few mins as there are adds for new manza all over news paper and also is at showroom so actually its on display, will recheck.
Old 15th October 2009, 11:58   #630
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navneet View Post
The CS has not been discontinued. It will continue to be produced. Please read the link below.

Tata Motors to phase out old Indigo; drive in Manza - dnaindia.com

Good strategic move by Tata having XL will cater needs of taxi Segment and Cs is doing pretty decent job for them so there is no reason to discontinue. This will serve the purpose to the prospective buyers and Manza should continue to serve the purpose well towards its potential customer
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks