Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th July 2005, 20:15   #16
BHPian

Even if we keep the ASS & Website issues aside - for the sake of discussion -
The question still remains - with this price drop can they compete with the Getz & the Swift..???
Palio will be a "older" car - whilst Getz & Swift are "latest"

& Certainly the Getz & Swift Engines are much more revv happy than the 1.2 NV...

But if they bring down the price of the 1.6 GTX to the 1.2 NV levels - that could be a killer from a pricing point..
Though still won't guarantee increased sales though..

Their factory capacity Utilization is at 2.5 % - Financially - no Organisation can survive at these Utilization Levels
- But again, arent we talking about Italians here
Old 16th July 2005, 11:00   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paharino1
Even if we keep the ASS & Website issues aside - for the sake of discussion -
The question still remains - with this price drop can they compete with the Getz & the Swift..???
Palio will be a "older" car - whilst Getz & Swift are "latest"
& Certainly the Getz & Swift Engines are much more revv happy than the 1.2 NV...
I have already posted in this thread yesterday and these are my ubernacht thoughts. I am not a marketing expert, so these are just musings.

Yes, the current model of the Palio may not be the comeback car for the Fiat. It would be very difficult –perhaps not possible at all- to increase its sales volume by merely offering discounts or reductions against newer cars like the above said.

So, IMHO, they should do the following; I think they should discontinue the current version of Palio (except the adventure). Fiat should replace the current model with the cotemporary model of Palio that is being sold in the EU.

In addition to a normal petrol, they should also have (at least) two other engine options. One should be a rocket like the 1.6 and the other, the new 1.3 CDI diesel engine that won the Engine of the Year 2004 award in its class. They can either keep the 1.9D as an option or discontinue it.

By doing so, I see the following advantages;
They will have a new car and people will automatically take notice it (new image for the company)
The new 1.3D model will be very costly (5.75 –6.25 lakhs) but the engine will give 23-28KMPL, thus repay the investment in long term (frugal hi-tech option for a price, head on with Ikon D, Accent CRDI, Indigo/Marina)
The 1.9D model can be offered as a cheaper diesel option (those who want a practical diesel – pitched against Indica)
The 1.6-like version for the petrol heads (low volume version for enthusiasts and an image for the vehicle; will take on most C cars and the Getz/Swift)
And finally a normal petrol version for normal guys (this one will be the actual competitor for the Getz/Swift)

By offering such a lineup of just one car, Fiat can actually attract the prospective buyers of so many cars and varying lifestyles.
What potential this company is having in India when you look at their model lineup that’s available in the EU! What’s wrong with their management? I think they are all leaving (for their India assignment) after tucking their brains safely in the locker room of Leonardo Da Vinci Airport….

Last edited by sandeepmdas : 16th July 2005 at 11:02.
Old 16th July 2005, 16:44   #18
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Sandeep,

For the sake of not beating this thread into another typically Fiat India thread - I will restrict myself to just one more sentence.

Its everything but the product that is Fiat Indias problem - For long, they used to have the most superior B segment player.

GTO
Old 18th July 2005, 12:46   #19
Senior - BHPian

Checked with the Kolkata dealer for the 1.6 GTX .. they are not aware of it .. The price list they gave me does not have the 1.6 GTX .. although it does have the Adventure Sport ..

The guys are really trying hard .. they have run out of brochures and handouts .. hence they have taken snaps of the Adventure(s) that they have sold and are showing them to customers .. and using photocopies for specs .. pretty proactive I thought ..
Old 18th July 2005, 12:54   #20
Senior - BHPian

Ha, that means that the manufacturer-dealer disconnect still exists. I also happened to read in autocar somewhere that palio 1.6 sport is reintroduced. Probably you can mail this id in Fiat directly:
niki.desai@fiat.com

In the absense of the web site, it becomes increasingly difficult to get info from them.
Old 20th July 2005, 12:54   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakhon
Ha, that means that the manufacturer-dealer disconnect still exists. I also happened to read in autocar somewhere that palio 1.6 sport is reintroduced. Probably you can mail this id in Fiat directly:
niki.desai@fiat.com

In the absense of the web site, it becomes increasingly difficult to get info from them.
Niki has left Fiat India some 2 months ago.
Old 20th July 2005, 13:01   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishi_kapoor
Niki has left Fiat India some 2 months ago.
Well in that case, who is the official contact now?
Old 20th July 2005, 17:40   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc
Checked with the Kolkata dealer for the 1.6 GTX .. they are not aware of it .. The price list they gave me does not have the 1.6 GTX .. although it does have the Adventure Sport ..

The guys are really trying hard .. they have run out of brochures and handouts .. hence they have taken snaps of the Adventure(s) that they have sold and are showing them to customers .. and using photocopies for specs .. pretty proactive I thought ..
Have they really sold Adventure in Kolkata? I hardly see any except one with WBo2 N xxxx registration. Most Palio's in Kolkata are 02N or 02P registration... the time Rahul Udyog and therafter Mohan Motors used to deal.

From Vahaan's time, the Palio's start from 02T registration (I am confirmed about this as I was the first person to book Palio with them...and my car was 1st Palio in Vahaan era to be registered..I got 02T 2xxx registration).

BTW Shuvc, you can directly speak to Mr.Rashen Sen..VP, Vahaan Motors, he knows me well enough.PM me for his cell nbr if you want.
Old 20th July 2005, 17:51   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arijit
Have they really sold Adventure in Kolkata?
Yes, they have .. at least one 1 know of , red colour, from their South Kolkata showroom and were trying to convert me from a Petra to the Adventure ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by arijit
BTW Shuvc, you can directly speak to Mr.Rashen Sen..VP, Vahaan Motors, he knows me well enough.PM me for his cell nbr if you want.
Hey, thanks .. will get in touch sometime , when I'm ready to buy the car .. not yet !!
Old 20th September 2006, 09:33   #25
Senior - BHPian

another thread
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...io-1-2-nv.html

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks