Team-BHP - New W212 Mercedes E Class and upcoming models from Mercedes India - Full details
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   New W212 Mercedes E Class and upcoming models from Mercedes India - Full details (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/66065-new-w212-mercedes-e-class-upcoming-models-mercedes-india-full-details.html)

W 212 E class:W 221 S class faceliftW 204 C classCLSM classSLK, SL continue unchanged with their AMG versions available.
AMG versions of C, CLS, S 65 also available.
Though never announced, Mercedes also makes GL 500 available on special order.

*to be confirmed prior to launch.

Sid, how do you manage this with such consistency, even a full time reporter would not be able to get as many scoops as managed by you. Wow.

Your garage does not do justice to your passion for cars, and scoops in perticular.

Best of luck with future snooping.

Good scoop Sid.
Only one reply for this thread till now.I can't understand why it's so.
Are BHPians not interested in star brand now.

Ah a star scoop from the 5 Star BHPian .

great scoop sid.

Aha a 5 Star scoop. Keep it coming Man. Nice choice of engines. Finally Mercedes Benz seems to have woken up due to competition.

Finally MBIL is giving us what we deserve - Meaty engines!
The diesels once again are winners, with a minimum of 500nM on offer they will be super fun to drive!

I just hope BMW feels the heat enough to launch the all mighty 535d with that award winning twin turbo engine :)

Great info. Sid. :thumbs up

I think in India C250 CGI if launched will be a great buy in India (204 PS , 310 NM & 0-100 kmph in 7.4 seconds).

Also, they should think of a new entry level C 180 Kompressor (1597 cc in-line 4, 156 HP with 230 NM). It can give MB India good volumes if priced well.

Whoa! Merc seems to have had a loud alarm clock go off. That is some range of engines

Quote:

Originally Posted by sidindica (Post 1499109)
E 250 CDI blue efficiency coming at auto expo in elegence trim with 2143 cc, 204 ps@4200 rpm, 500 Nm torque@1600-1800 rpm.

500 NM of torque from a 2.1 liter diesel! This engine will be the rockstar in sales, if the pricing is in line with the outgoing E220 CDI.

Thanks sid, Nice to know CGI is coming but why not in first place? I mean will they sell both side by side? the 350/350 CGI? isnt it a little redundant? and if not then wont people who buy the cars now get angry in few months?

@ Sahil, I think the 535D will never make it to india as I believe the diesel quality here is not at par but then I could be wrong considering people get Ferrari's and Lamborghini's in India. But I do remember long ago when I spoke to one of the BMW officials at launch here about that engine and he said it really makes no sense here and the 530D takes care of all the needs. Also do remember the new 730d has a new diesel engine which should make its debut soon on other BMW's!

@neeld I dont think they need to go lower then the C200K Classic as truly speaking the difference between that and the 180K would be so minimal that it would not really add much in terms of additional volumes.

But the rest of the line up sounds great, infact looking at the specs of 350 & 250 CDI, I wonder if a lot of people might walk into the showroom for a 350 CDI but walk out with a 250 CDI?

Also they should think of some Base E class, I think now India is maturing to the point where they can have a E250 CDI in classic? Or maybe even lower? also what about the E63 AMG? when does that come into India?

But overall good to see Mercedes-Benz India waking up to a nice product offensive, I cant wait to see the battle between W212 and F10.

Hey Sid, great & interesting information! Keep going!:thumbs up

BTW where you there for the launch yesterday? Thought of meeting you!:)

@S350- you're right the new 3.0 featured in the 730d should counter the E350CDi but what about the bread winner 520d? BMW needs to up the power on that immensly to counter the E250CDi. Although I don't see these new BMW engines coming until the F10 5 series is out. Which would be a long way.

I thought all their Kompressor petrols were replaced by CGIs (turbo DI?)

Sahil, F10 comes out in 1Q 2010, So assuming its at geneva then at this time next year I am dead sure the car should be out on our land, and from what i have read and heard of it the car will truly be a worthy replacement to the existing 5 and I believe it should debut with quite a few new engines 4 and 6 cylinder included.

Mpower, I think the 1.5L engine used in the 180K is the CGI unit but i dont think the others but I could be wrong. But honestly I'm hoping with the CLS MB will introduce the new CGI version of the 5.0L V8 :) Can you imagine how nice that should be?

On a side note while MB-India is truly getting aggressive why are they not looking at the Hybrids? and would anyone know if they are planning on getting the SLS?