Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2009, 12:58   #346
BHPian

Excellent! Ford seems to be making all the right noises!

Interesting "Sandeep" concept. I think it was purely a marketing strategy than the effort to understand a typical buyer's psyche. I'm sure they would have done the latter long ago.
Old 17th December 2009, 16:45   #347
Senior - BHPian

Guys any updates on the Ford FIGO ?

Folks this is an interesting car to watch along with the POLO.
Old 17th December 2009, 18:01   #348
BHPian

Quote:
Guys any updates on the Ford FIGO ?

Folks this is an interesting car to watch along with the POLO.
My Companies ZSM just saw three of them on way to Chd from Patiala. He said that 'Test car' was written on them. One was sporting the TCDI batch while one had platinum written on it. He asked the guys about the probable launch date and the all important 'price' and the answer was by 15th of january and price range starting from 3.85 lakhs for the petrol and 4.85 lakhs for the top end diesel.
They said that they had kept the pricing keeping Vista in mind and also did not want to run into the price of their own Ikon Tcdi.
My ZSM said that the car was quite a looker
Old 17th December 2009, 19:02   #349
Senior - BHPian

With Figo, Polo and Beat joining the party, hatch segment is going to be interesting
Old 17th December 2009, 22:15   #350
BHPian

My vote is POLO,BEAT and LAST FIGO only.
Old 18th December 2009, 00:38   #351
Senior - BHPian

The TDCi in the Figo would pull a lot of attention for sure and I have seen the cars running on convoy in Chennai many times. They have very good road presence and big too! The pricing is going to be key in deciding the Figo's success.
Old 18th December 2009, 02:00   #352
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudan_NFS View Post
If you price from 3.5- 3.75 lakh for base petrol with Airbags, ABS, all power windows, power steering ,body colored bumpers and other common features of car + good quality then you will seriously generate volumes of up to 9000 units/month.
All this at 3.75 lakhs ? None of the manufacturers are offering all this at this price band ? So why only Ford ? The only way to get ABS + Airbags on cars costing 3.5 lakhs is to amend law and make it compulsory across all cars and all variants. Would be nice if Ford atleast offers it as option across all variants.

Note: The manufacturers should realize that there are people in India who would want ABS + Airbags instead of PowerWindows and ACC. I say this because stuffs like PWs and Central Locking can be added to any car at any time as accessory, but ABS and Airbags are not like that. Somebody please give us atleast an option.
Old 18th December 2009, 08:49   #353
BHPian

anachronix,
A couple of pics from Madras would've been nicer
Old 18th December 2009, 15:06   #354
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by isldhn View Post
My Companies ZSM just saw three of them on way to Chd from Patiala. He said that 'Test car' was written on them. One was sporting the TCDI batch while one had platinum written on it. He asked the guys about the probable launch date and the all important 'price' and the answer was by 15th of january and price range starting from 3.85 lakhs for the petrol and 4.85 lakhs for the top end diesel.
They said that they had kept the pricing keeping Vista in mind and also did not want to run into the price of their own Ikon Tcdi.
My ZSM said that the car was quite a looker
wow man, i am yet to believe if Ford would really offer their top end Figo diesel in vista's price range.Surely would create a huge news and good number of bookings as well.
Old 18th December 2009, 15:19   #355
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by throttleman View Post
anachronix,
A couple of pics from Madras would've been nicer
Its the same 4 cars captured already during their testing in Chennai by Para_7K.
Old 20th December 2009, 18:31   #356
Senior - BHPian

Seeing the VW POLO specification discussion on t-bhp has disappointed me. A Lousy 1.2 L engine with loads of QA problems experienced by Fabia owners and a huge turning radius is certainly big no no for me.

I am looking forward to FIGO, have seen this car on Chennai roads, it looks like a smaller version of Fusion with a good road presence. Hope Ford will come up with a decent engine configuration to make this car a grand success on Indian roads.
Old 20th December 2009, 20:20   #357
BHPian

I doubt POLO will sport same build quality inside out when compared to other VW vehicles at this introductory price. I'll be surprised if it matches Fabia inside out when it comes to buil quality and interiors. Also, TCO of POLO will definitely be higher when compared to segment leaders Suzuki and Hyundai.
Old 20th December 2009, 21:14   #358
BHPian

This ford looks like their old model- Fusion

Dont know what is all the fuss about

They could have just launched an updated version of fusion - or replaced it with a new name (Figo) - may be they did
Old 21st December 2009, 09:18   #359
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohit View Post
This ford looks like their old model- Fusion

Dont know what is all the fuss about

They could have just launched an updated version of fusion - or replaced it with a new name (Figo) - may be they did
Dude, the fuss is because of the pricing. Fuss is because Ford is entering the small car segment which is the biggest segment in the Indian Car Scene. Fusion when launched was selling at prices what Jazz is selling now - in 8lakhs range. Figo which looks like a younger sibling of Fusion is gonna be selling in the 3.5 - 6 Lakhs category.

Figo will be launched with 1.2L petrol engine which will directly compete with the likes of i10 , Beat, Ritz and 1.4 Tdci will compete with the likes of Ritz, Vista, Swift, Polo and Punto.
Old 21st December 2009, 11:01   #360
Senior - BHPian

I am still waiting for more information about the car, but not much is flowing. Is Ford so confidentiality minded that it is passing from all the watchful eyes of the TBHPians..

Anyway heard that the car is fully being revealed including test drive etc during the Delhi auto Expo. Can someone confirm on that. Did anyone from our Moderators' get an invite from Ford to test drive the car on this day, can someone confirm.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks