Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2009, 11:54   #376
Senior - BHPian

The Figo looks awesome in the black shade!

Any scoop on when the Figo will be launched?
Old 28th December 2009, 11:58   #377
BHPian

Nice Scoop , though i feel will be just another addition to the ongoing war in hatch segment & would not create any big uproars!!!
Old 28th December 2009, 13:22   #378
BHPian

Good catch Aroop and Para_7k.
I like the black color of Figo and the front looks different though not very inspiring.
Aroop do you have interior pics of Figo?.The tail light seems to like Indica V2 for me.
Old 29th December 2009, 11:39   #379
Senior - BHPian

Cool pix from Aroop and Para_7k.
It seems that after the hot weather testing in Chennai they have moved to the hills for some cold weather & high altitude test.

Figo seems to have quite a road presence. I like the plain Fusionish look from the rear, much better than some of the recent hatchs.

Has any one had a chance to look at the interiors ?

Its surprising to know that Ford is not participating in the Auto expo & they will release Figo some where at the end of first quarter.
Old 2nd January 2010, 15:52   #380
Distinguished - BHPian

Check this out if you have access,

Driving Ford: Official Ford Figo Blog by Ford India

"What makes the Figo such a ‘cool’-looking and dynamic car? Who better to tell us than the design team itself, led by Scott Strong, APA design director"
Old 2nd January 2010, 15:59   #381
BHPian

Cant help but notice the "Figo" logo in the second post looks like the Mustang pony.

I was wondering why they would do that, till I realised its a blurred pic.
Old 2nd January 2010, 16:09   #382
Senior - BHPian

@kishore
Nice article you copied here.
Figo is definitely going to give tough competition in the hatchback sector.
Lets wait and see how this one catches alongwith the fiesta's and Ikon's in Indian
market.
Old 8th January 2010, 10:11   #383
BANNED

After spending entire day at Auto Expo, I need to wait for Figo now to replace my Wagon R cuase din't like any other cars.
Does any body know the launch time ?
Old 8th January 2010, 11:47   #384
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksons View Post
After spending entire day at Auto Expo, I need to wait for Figo now to replace my Wagon R cuase din't like any other cars.
Does any body know the launch time ?
Dealer bookings will start in March 2010
Old 8th January 2010, 12:07   #385
BHPian

Wonder why Ford did not participate in Auto Expo ? They could have showcased Ford Figo, Fiesta 2011 and other exciting models in their range irrespective of whether those will be launched in India or not. Just as GM showed Camaro, Ford could have showcased Mustang. It would have been awesome. Guys, any strategic reasons for Ford opting out ?
Old 8th January 2010, 12:33   #386
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhound View Post
Cant help but notice the "Figo" logo in the second post looks like the Mustang pony.

I was wondering why they would do that, till I realised its a blurred pic.
Actually the font type of the Figo logo on the car is similar to the Fiesta logo on the new European fiesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivn View Post
Wonder why Ford did not participate in Auto Expo ? They could have showcased Ford Figo, Fiesta 2011 and other exciting models in their range irrespective of whether those will be launched in India or not. Just as GM showed Camaro, Ford could have showcased Mustang. It would have been awesome. Guys, any strategic reasons for Ford opting out ?
Well thats something even irking me.. Being a fervent liker of Ford I am pissed off that they did not have stall in the Auto Expo. Of come on, there is is an extent to which you can keep specs of your car as confidential..

Ford is overdoing this secret thingy now.. its gonna loose customers by not giving them a sneak preview.. IMO they just turned out to be lucky that not many exciting cars are launched this Auto expo in Figo's range.

Last edited by Rehaan : 16th January 2010 at 19:36. Reason: Posts merged. Please use the MULTIQUOTE button instead of making multiple consecutive posts in the same thread. Thanks.
Old 8th January 2010, 21:07   #387
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
Well thats something even irking me.. Being a fervent liker of Ford I am pissed off that they did not have stall in the Auto Expo. Of come on, there is is an extent to which you can keep specs of your car as confidential..

Ford is overdoing this secret thingy now.. its gonna loose customers by not giving them a sneak preview.. IMO they just turned out to be lucky that not many exciting cars are launched this Auto expo in Figo's range.
If secrecy on Figo is the real reason Ford is definitely making a big mistake. I doubt if that is the case.
One possibility is certain details are not finalized for the Figo and they wouldn't showcase the Figo with blacked out glasses like they did in their preview earlier. (is it possible that a car to be launched in just 2 months to have certain open details?)
Even if that is the case, they could have showcased a Figo with provisional detailing. What's wrong in that when Honda showcases something off their shelf and call it the concept for India!
Old 9th January 2010, 16:10   #388
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
Check this out if you have access,

Driving Ford: Official Ford Figo Blog by Ford India

"What makes the Figo such a ‘cool’-looking and dynamic car? Who better to tell us than the design team itself, led by Scott Strong, APA design director"
I've added a comment there asking what difference are there between Figo and older generation europian Fiesta hatchback. It seems they removed that comment
Old 12th January 2010, 21:07   #389
Senior - BHPian

GTO/ Dippy/ Sid.

I am still waiting for information from your side. Any calls for TD or review from the side of Ford???

Any news on when the car will be shown to the general public.
Old 12th January 2010, 22:42   #390
Senior - BHPian

I am not sure that Ford will be giving out the cars for test-drives to journos anytime before end of February. However, I am really looking forward to the car and if it maintains the Ford family trait of being fun to drive, for me it's going to be the hatchback to watch out for.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks