Here is the actual first drive report on AutoCar India site
Ford Figo First Drive | Autocar India
Old 20th January 2010, 11:20   #407
BHPian

ACI has driven the Figo!
Check out the website of ACI.
Old 20th January 2010, 11:28   #408
BHPian

I did not like the dashboard color. Also, looks like the picture is not of the high end version as I do not see any airbag inscription on the streering wheel
Old 20th January 2010, 11:36   #409
BANNED

Infractions: 0/3 (12)

i like this ford figo - sounds a very good option to the new hatch buyer
also as I understand it, the 1.4 duratorq diesel is the same as is sitting in the Fiesta and Fusion - therefore I surmise that this car being smaller and more compact than those two, will end up being quite a monster!

and im 100% sure it will feel more solid than the dear old tata Indicas, Hyundai and Marutis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fz_rider View Post
Here is the autocar india review:

The Figo may have skipped the bright lights of the Auto expo, but we got our hands on it under the Goan sun. Here are first impressions of what is quite figo-ratively a hugely impressive car.
The 1.4-litre Duratorq diesel we know well. It behaves very much like it does in the Figo’s siblings. By this we mean the Figo’s got superb driveability, fantastic low and mid-range response for city driving but feels a bit out of breath on the highway, thanks to its modest 68bhp. We know this engine is fuel efficient and smooth, if quite noisy by modern diesel standards and it is now Bharat IV compliant.
There’s also a new 1.2-litre Duratec petrol that’s essentially a scaled down version of the engines that power the Fiesta and the Fusion. It makes a decent 70bhp and if the Fiesta engine is anything to go by, it’ll be a rev-happy motor. Performance is average, Ford's claimed 0-100kph figures are 15.5 seconds for the petrol variant and 15.8 seconds for diesel models.
The Figo’s got great big-car feel. The ride is one of the best in class, good at low and high speeds. It’s very stable at three digit speeds and you can see Ford’s ‘driver’s car’ DNA in it. The steering weighs up nicely, and though there’s not much feel at speed, it’s still very good.
The Figo’s is one of the biggest B-segment cars in India. It’s longer than the Swift, has a longer wheelbase than the Fusion. Interior space is good, but not great, especially at the rear. Still, the seats make up by being very supportive, and seat height and back support are good as well.
We’re not sure if we like the colours used on the dashboard, but the faux aluminium trim does look good and the cabin has sporty overtones with red stitching on the black seats.
Prices haven’t been announced yet, but the way the company is stressing on low cost of ownership should mean very competitive pricing and reasonably priced spare parts. And the car comes with a two year warranty. There’s lots of promise here.
Old 20th January 2010, 11:48   #410
BHPian

First impression of the interiors: I dont see anything which will set a new benchmark for hatchbacks as touted before. Colors are a big letdown for sure.
Old 20th January 2010, 12:20   #411
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fz_rider View Post
Here is the autocar india review:

The Figo’s is one of the biggest B-segment cars in India. It’s longer than the Swift, has a longer wheelbase than the Fusion.
Swift is not the longest or biggest car in B-segment. Fabia is the longest..it is just 0.8 mm less than the 4 metre norm set by Gov. of India..and the widest is i20.

If it has a longer wheelbase than Fusion, what will be the turning radius?
all these days we were cursing the Punto's turning radius..

and that red dash on a green car looks horrible.
Old 20th January 2010, 12:22   #412
BHPian

Except that reddish colour for the dashboard, the interiors are good. I think some of the Euro Fiesta hatch backs have that reddish colored dash board.
Hmm, 1.4D is the one to go for.
"Ride is best in class" -- Euh, can't believe that for a Fusion owner .
Old 20th January 2010, 12:24   #413
Distinguished - BHPian

I for one like the interiors. Sure the color is a bit weird but the design is superb!
I guess the color is something we need to see in better high quality pics from T-BHP Official Review.
If something (god forbid) were to happen to the fiesta, I know what our next car is going to be.
Old 20th January 2010, 12:34   #414
BHPian

First it was Autocar India.
Then, it is overdrive: EXCLUSIVE: Ford Figo interiors unveiled - Ford Figo: Interiors - News : Overdrive

When is Team-BHP's turn?
Old 20th January 2010, 12:37   #415
BHPian

My observations from AutoCarIndia writeup

The initial impressions seem to be good. Typical Ford car characteristics like
- Good Build
- Good Ride and Handling ( ACI says Ride one of best in class )
- Nicely weighted steering
seem to be present in Ford Figo. So Ford has not disappointed in delivering a car which we have come to expect from it.

- 1.4Tdci performance as expected. Peppy, smooth and fuel effecient.
- But, its a bit of a let down that 1.2L petrols performance is only average. We have some great 1.2 engines like the K-series and Kappa series of Hyundais, so this one shud have atleast been on par with them. Lets wait for detailed reviews here.
- Interiors - They have tried something new. Mixed feelings about it. Lets wait for more pictures.

Saw in todays Hindu paper that Ford Figo 1.2 is expected to be priced at 3.6L and 1.4 TDCI at 4.6L.

Last edited by rajivn : 20th January 2010 at 12:41.
Old 20th January 2010, 12:51   #416
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivn View Post
Saw in todays Hindu paper that Ford Figo 1.2 is expected to be priced at 3.6L and 1.4 TDCI at 4.6L.
At this price it should make a killing! Lets see what features it comes out with.
Old 20th January 2010, 12:54   #417
BHPian

Report and First Pics: The Ford Figo is HERE !! More info - Pg19-img_0693a_657x490.jpg
Ford has just opened, for the very first time, the doors of the Figo and these are the first interior images of Ford’s upcoming small car. Based on the Fiesta’s platform but with extensive refinements and changes to the spring, damper and roll-bar settings the Figo will kick off Ford’s massive push into the volume generating small car market.
Ford claims best in class interior room for the Figo and after sitting in a pre-production Figo we have no doubts on those claims. With its tall roofline the Figo, visually, draws more from the Fusion than the Fiesta, but without doubt that has enabled it to liberate lots of interior room. Headroom is excellent, so too is knee and legroom and Ford claims this is a full five-seater, not a token five-seater. Boot space is also excellent, at 284litres it is best in class.
So good is the interior room that Ford haven’t gone the beige route for interior colour schemes. The base variant has an all-black interior with grey highlight while the mid and high level trims get a nice, rich shade of black that’s complemented rather nicely by aluminium-effect central console and air-con surrounds. In the metal (or should one say plastic) it really does look the business. What will polarize opinion though is the top-end variant that gets a coral-hued top half of the dashboard. It looks like a mix of orange, red and brown and I really can’t make up my mind whether I like it or not. That it is different is without question.
While there are elements of the Fiesta in the interiors – the door handles, air-con switches and vents, steering wheel and gear lever for instance – the instrument cluster is new and takes inspiration from motorbikes (heard that before with the Beat too!). It has a large speedo flanked by the tacho on the left, the two housed in a silver-effect casing. However it does make the right pod (which houses the digital trip and distance-to-empty readout) look a bit empty.
The top end Figo gets an integrated stereo (doesn’t feel as high quality as the Fiesta’s) with Bluetooth connectivity though there’s no steering wheel audio controls. What you’ll be even more surprised to learn is that even on the top variant there aren’t power windows at the rear and that hints at very, very aggressive pricing. No prices have been announced as of now, that will be in March-April when the car goes on sale but we expect it to be closer to the Santro than the Swift.
Report and First Pics: The Ford Figo is HERE !! More info - Pg19-img_0692c_657x491.jpgReport and First Pics: The Ford Figo is HERE !! More info - Pg19-img_0695b_657x490.jpgReport and First Pics: The Ford Figo is HERE !! More info - Pg19-img_0691b_657x490.jpgReport and First Pics: The Ford Figo is HERE !! More info - Pg19-img_0690b_657x490.jpgName:  IMG_0694b_657x490.jpg
Views: 4899
Size:  46.7 KB

source:EXCLUSIVE: Ford Figo interiors unveiled - Ford Figo: Interiors - News : Overdrive
Old 20th January 2010, 13:39   #418
Senior - BHPian

Story taken from Overdrive EXCLUSIVE: Ford Figo interiors unveiled - Ford Figo: Interiors - News : Overdrive

Ford has just opened, for the very first time, the doors of the Figo and these are the first interior images of Ford’s upcoming small car. Based on the Fiesta’s platform but with extensive refinements and changes to the spring, damper and roll-bar settings the Figo will kick off Ford’s massive push into the volume generating small car market.

Ford claims best in class interior room for the Figo and after sitting in a pre-production Figo we have no doubts on those claims. With its tall roofline the Figo, visually, draws more from the Fusion than the Fiesta, but without doubt that has enabled it to liberate lots of interior room. Headroom is excellent, so too is knee and legroom and Ford claims this is a full five-seater, not a token five-seater. Boot space is also excellent, at 284litres it is best in class.

So good is the interior room that Ford haven’t gone the beige route for interior colour schemes. The base variant has an all-black interior with grey highlight while the mid and high level trims get a nice, rich shade of black that’s complemented rather nicely by aluminium-effect central console and air-con surrounds. In the metal (or should one say plastic) it really does look the business. What will polarize opinion though is the top-end variant that gets a coral-hued top half of the dashboard. It looks like a mix of orange, red and brown and I really can’t make up my mind whether I like it or not. That it is different is without question.

While there are elements of the Fiesta in the interiors – the door handles, air-con switches and vents, steering wheel and gear lever for instance – the instrument cluster is new and takes inspiration from motorbikes (heard that before with the Beat too!). It has a large speedo flanked by the tacho on the left, the two housed in a silver-effect casing. However it does make the right pod (which houses the digital trip and distance-to-empty readout) look a bit empty.

The top end Figo gets an integrated stereo (doesn’t feel as high quality as the Fiesta’s) with Bluetooth connectivity though there’s no steering wheel audio controls. What you’ll be even more surprised to learn is that even on the top variant there aren’t power windows at the rear and that hints at very, very aggressive pricing. No prices have been announced as of now, that will be in March-April when the car goes on sale but we expect it to be closer to the Santro than the Swift.
Attached Thumbnails
Report and First Pics: The Ford Figo is HERE !! More info - Pg19-figo.jpg  

Last edited by tj123 : 20th January 2010 at 13:53.
Old 20th January 2010, 13:56   #419
Team-BHP Support

Shucks! I hate those colored dashboards!
Glad that its only on the top-end version.
Old 20th January 2010, 14:06   #420
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Shucks! I hate those colored dashboards!
Glad that its only on the top-end version.
I have seen such colored dashboards in some European cars, actually speaking it is not that bad. Any ways it is personal preference.

Best thing I liked about this car is its interior space, boot capacity & reasonably good petrol & diesel motors.

Traditional all Fords have good handling & build characteristics in its DNA.

If Ford gets the pricing well then this car is going to Rock ...I bet !
Closed Thread

Most Viewed