Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2010, 16:23   #436
Senior - BHPian

Look wise the ford is no better, the Beat is far better in terms of looks.
Old 20th January 2010, 16:42   #437
BHPian

Few observations:

Engines aimed at 'more drivable' than 'outright performance'.

The car in the picture is TITANIUM which is top end variant.

No alloys.

Has a digital display but DTE? and efficiency indicator like Punto highly doubtful.

No rear power windows.

Has electric mirrors.

Seat height adjuster.

Bluetooth functionality on stereo

No steering mounted controls(come-on this is becoming STD for the segment now.)

Electric hatch release.

Topend diesel should cost not more than 5.7 ex-showroom.

Low end petrol at 3.6L ex-showroom.
Old 20th January 2010, 17:14   #438
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive View Post
Look wise the ford is no better, the Beat is far better in terms of looks.
Agreed that the FIGO is not a great looker , but it has class leading interior space & boot capacity. Beat will attract the younger generation (fast & zippy types) & FIGO will tap a mature market, who look for practicality.

I personally like the Fusion kind of looks, having a very good road presence.
Old 20th January 2010, 17:45   #439
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
1) I am waiting for TBHP review. That will answer most of our questions.

So are we! The car seems very promising!

2) What is exactly wrong with car manufacturers ? That red colored dashboard ? If would be good if we are given options on this color. I wonder how badly it will reflect on windscreen. This is not a joke, and the reflection is sometimes strong enough to hamper view.

I don't think the red will reflect as much as the beige would.
However, the middle variant is what will be really enticing, with an all black interior with silver finish. Hope it comes with ABS.

And why do we need these various colored dashboard in the first place ? I fail to understand the logic. Irritating move.

3) 1.2 ltr. 70 bhp engine. What should we call this ? There are others in market that are offering much better engines. This is not good and makes the car non competitive IMO. Simply put, K series and Honda Jazz have raised the bar in this segment, and honestly speaking others are not able to match up. But this is too low for any car that is relatively big. Would beg for more power.

0-100 in 15secs is quite decent for this segment. However, I hope Ford launches the 1.4 or 1.6L engine too, and keeps this as a base variant like what Fiat has done with the Punto.
To be honest, even I am quite disappointed with the specs as well.

4) The same diesel, but again we have better options here also. And with the Punto 85bhp expected, what will happen to Figo ?

Yes, but, this car is a hatch that will be mainly driven in the city. As any owner will tell you, the Fiesta D is a beast in the city, and if driven correctly, can keep up with the petrol 1.6 upto 90kmph.
In fact, a swift guy was ripping his car and still couldnt catch up to our fiesta (which was being driven fast, but sanely before anyone wants to comment)

At the end of the day I would say that engines is not the USP of the car. So what is ? Driver's car ? With that 70 bhp petrol and diesel units ?
The only thing that now remains is ride. But just that, nothing more.

USP = price! At that price, which other car offers a VERY refined diesel engine, with all the goodies (ABS + Airbags), with that much space? Good ride and handling is a bonus!
BTW, a powerful car with a crappy suspension set-up, will never appeal to an enthusiast as much as much as a decently powered car with a good set-up. Do drive the fiesta D, rip her, and see how she puts a smile to your face. With the right gearing, she will be a lot more fun than the Verna, especially in the city. On the highway, the Verna will go faster no matter what the Fiesta driver does, but once the turns come up, the Verna will also disappear (in the rear view mirror) faster!

How about the 1.4 Duratec making a come back in Figo ? Will that not be good ?
It would be an excellent idea. Planning on emailing ford regarding this, with a link to this thread.

5) The rear suspension inserts are obstructing the boot. Is this car having IRS ? Because its too much an intrusion, like the Indica that came with IRS.

I am not all happy by this car. Another TBHPian from Vadodara ( Digitonsam ) told me that Beat has made others look either overpriced or improper overall packages. I think he is correct.

That is something we will know once the T-BHP review is out.

EDIT : The car looks too much like Fusion. Wont help the car much.
GTO and mod team: We would really appreciate it if you could please compare the Figo to its new competitors such as the Ritz, Vista, i10, and Beat. It would help a lot!

Thanks!
Old 20th January 2010, 17:58   #440
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What is exactly wrong with car manufacturers ? That red colored dashboard ? If would be good if we are given options on this color.
Agree. I was shocked to see the color of the interiors. i20 gives chocolate colored one's . Dont know whats the flavour of the season for Figo.

Quote:
1.2 ltr. 70 bhp engine. Simply put, K series and Honda Jazz have raised the bar in this segment
I just dont get the logic of manufacturers to give underpowered 1.2 engines for premium hatches. i20, Punto to name a few. Have to agree K series engine has set a benchmark for its price.

Quote:
The same diesel, but again we have better options here also. And with the Punto 85bhp expected, what will happen to Figo
I think i would disagree here. The 1.4 diesel is super refined, FE and is good enough for city driving. I dont think Figo will be priced at Punto 85 bhp range.

Quote:
How about the 1.4 Duratec making a come back in Figo ?
Well Said. But i think Ford will play it safe with 2 engine options in the beginning . They would wait to see if market sees it as a VFM. No point launching 1.4 with a hefty price tag.

I agree with others on looks which is more or less like a facelifted Fusion. But i think if priced well Figo has good chances of pulling large amount of buyers to the showroom. I get the feeling that this car has something in it to attract a small car buyer.
Old 20th January 2010, 18:14   #441
BHPian

i do hope ford brings in the 1.4 engine. and they should definitely offer it across all the versions. i am sure many would like just a good engine without all the bells and whistles of a top end version. PS,ABS, PW and the 1.4 engine. mod it as much as you like.
Old 20th January 2010, 19:33   #442
BHPian

Some More Pics. Courtesy - Bs Motoring Website
Attached Thumbnails
Report and First Pics: The Ford Figo is HERE !! More info - Pg19-ff1.jpg  

Report and First Pics: The Ford Figo is HERE !! More info - Pg19-ff2.jpg  

Report and First Pics: The Ford Figo is HERE !! More info - Pg19-ff3.jpg  

Report and First Pics: The Ford Figo is HERE !! More info - Pg19-ff4.jpg  

Old 20th January 2010, 19:44   #443
BHPian

The interiors look fresh and sportive except for the red color dash. Not sure how the dash will feel in real. Overall Figo looks promising.Hope it will have the "Fun to drive" genes of Ford. The design looks typical ford- proportionate design, elegant and a kind of look which slowly grows on you.
Old 20th January 2010, 20:16   #444
Distinguished - BHPian

Glad to see Airbags!
Seems like ford has skimped on some equipment like rear PW to give this hatch a competitve price, along with a host of safety features.
Now waiting for the launch.
Wanted to send them an email, asking them to re-consider the interior color and engine and some features, but don't know whom to email.
Kiku: If you are reading this, please ask ford to provide rear PW in the top-of the line model, and ABS and rear PW atleast as an option on the middle trim variant.
A sport S variant with a more powerful engine would be superb as well!
Old 20th January 2010, 20:38   #445
BHPian

REFER TO PIC NO. 1 -
+VE - The rear space seems to be more than the Ritz/ Swift.
-VE - The fixed headrest on the rear seats are a big turn off !!!!!
Old 20th January 2010, 22:11   #446
Senior - BHPian

Now this is tricky, the BS Motoring shows the dash in brownish colour whereas the Overdrive pics show them in Red tinge.
If the actual one's like the BS Motoring's color then I am impressed even better.

It looks more like a metalic copper color, which is better than some ladies lipstick's red color

For those who hated the red-dashboard, BS Motoring has some good news.
It says this "Red Dashboard is optional" but not all have mentioned its good, not one reviewer who has seen it in person has said it looks yuck.

In my opinion if the prices are 3.5L on lower end and 5.5 on highest variant, it will be a bread winner. But one thing is its not gone the way all recent cars have gone with lines running diagonally to make the car look more aerodynamic looking, but it has some bold lines a la the i20, which run parallel to the road.

Last edited by xingamazon : 20th January 2010 at 22:23.
Old 20th January 2010, 22:25   #447
BHPian

BS Motoring seem to suggest that the 1.6 could come subject to excise duty benefits. Now that will make for a really interesting hot hatch!

Buy New Ford Figo | Ford Figo Prices | Reviews | Features | Photos | BS Motoring
Old 20th January 2010, 22:33   #448
Senior - BHPian

The red dash is optional. You like it...you take it.
Old 20th January 2010, 22:55   #449
Senior - BHPian

Unlike the computer generated pics. , these fresh pictures courtesy motorbeam gives us actual shade of the interiors. Its a kind of copper colour and not red. And from the pics. the interiors look contemporary and good, if not outstanding and mind-boggling.
Attached Thumbnails
Report and First Pics: The Ford Figo is HERE !! More info - Pg19-ford_figo_interior1024x767.jpg  

Old 20th January 2010, 23:08   #450
BHPian

The Red/Copper colour seems not all that bad in my opinion. In the latest pic posted by fz_rider, its more an earthy Copper colour and doesnt look garish like the Red/Orange we saw in earlier pics.

I kinda like this cool new colour. What I dont like is the chrome/aluminium center console for this red/copper dash. Its kinda odd, cheap and not really matching with the colour of the dash. I guess a wooden center console like in the Sxi Fiestas might really go well with this colour of the dash.

In the pic above, I find a digital display in the instrument console which might be the Km reading. Well, dont think theres DTE in it. Come on Ford, we need a proper multi info display.

Last edited by rajivn : 20th January 2010 at 23:22.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks