Old 23rd September 2009, 17:20   #62
Senior - BHPian

Varients:
  • ambiente
  • trend
  • titanium
Old 23rd September 2009, 17:37   #63
Senior - BHPian

Great platfrom at a hopefully great price. Personally I dont like the headlights. Overdone with too much kajal. Back end is vannish some some details are good. I'll wait for pricing before final verdict.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
The silhoutte (spellcheck?) is just like the Fusion. Ford is heading for trouble because people will believe that it's the Fusion with a new name (Remember Siena to Petra?).
Which makes me wonder what is the difference between the Fiesta hatch and the Fusion. A couple of inches?
Even more reason for the Fusion to be scrapped for India.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grvanand View Post
The looks seem to be based on Mark 5 European Fiesta (same platform as Indian Fiesta as well as Fusion and not the other way around) rather than the current Mark 6 one, which at its launch was stated as cheaper to manufacture than the outgoing one in Europe mainly due to complex suspension system of the Mark 5 model. The engines however are a 1.2 Petrol and 1.4 Diesel seemingly at the price point of Maruti Swift and Fiat Punto (with relatively similar performance or may be even less).
It is a Mk6 which is the Indian Fiesta. Mk5 is the Ikon/Flair. Mk7 is currently selling in Europe.

Complex suspension??? They have the same susp AFAIK...a twist beam.

Last edited by Mpower : 23rd September 2009 at 17:43.
Old 23rd September 2009, 17:45   #64
Senior - BHPian

Yawn! The car looks boring and outdated already! Another unexciting product from ford!
Old 23rd September 2009, 17:52   #65
BHPian

Its defenitely not a great looking car, IMO i20/Punto/Swift are better looking, however Ford will have a winner if they manage to plug in the proven 1.4 TDCI engine and 1.2 petrol engine discussed earlier. I am sure the diesel will be priced higher than the Vista.
Old 23rd September 2009, 18:18   #66
BHPian

Front looks derived from IKON and second half from FUSION..

So design is not so great as per my view..
Old 23rd September 2009, 18:24   #67
Senior - BHPian

This is what a face lifted Fusion would look like. Nothing great. If Ford can price it right, then they might have a winner on their hands.

The i10 and the Chevrolet Beat are newer and look better too. So pricing it below the i10 will be crucial. Over to you Ford.

Any details on the trim levels sid?

Last edited by MaserQ : 23rd September 2009 at 18:29.
Old 23rd September 2009, 18:32   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The car looks outdated even today
. The wheel caps and the shape looks tad boring.

Quote:
but what segment is Ford targetting with this car? i10, spark, A-Star or the Beat, i20, Grande Punto , Polo? If they are looking towards the i20, GP and Polo then they should be ready to get clobbered at the sales charts.

The Figo is going to flop.
Only pricing would decide that. If they can price well/ cheaper spares /better service intervals then it would do well. Obviously the 1.4 tdci would be the hot seller. I think it should do decently well.

Somehow the front of Figo reminds me of the A-star concept.
Old 23rd September 2009, 19:04   #69
BHPian

Quote:
The silhoutte (spellcheck?) is just like the Fusion. Ford is heading for trouble because people will believe that it's the Fusion with a new name (Remember Siena to Petra?).
But this is a much smaller car and I am sure it will look different in real life.

If you have seen the Fiesta (5th gen) in EU, you would know it is a whole lot smaller car than the Fusion.

Let's see how it is taken!
Old 23rd September 2009, 19:16   #70
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The Figo is going to flop.
It may not be that straightforward. Pricing and positioning would play a key role, and Ford is not an organization that doesnt learn from its mistakes.
Old 23rd September 2009, 19:27   #71
BHPian

excellent car, by looks. I may go for one if it is priced rightly....
Old 23rd September 2009, 19:39   #72
Senior - BHPian

Wow!! Great scoop. I liked the overall design..nothing radical but everything looks proportionate.

The pricing and Ford after sales service are gonna determine how fast or how slow Ford sells these cars.

Also if Ford wants volumes like Hyundai and maruti models they've gotta seriously think of expanding their dealer network.

- shibu.
Old 23rd September 2009, 19:40   #73
Team-BHP Support

The Fusion was the Figo on steeroids (old Fiesta). We are being denied the new Fiesta unless they are bringing it in to sit above this. Again, us Indians hate cast off's and will vote with our feet
Old 23rd September 2009, 19:41   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivn View Post
Are we getting this 1.25L engine here? Its got great reviews here - 5stars for performance - Ford Fiesta 1.25 (2009) CAR review | Road Testing Reviews | Car Magazine Online Would be awesome if Ford gives us the same engine.
Not gonna happen. It will be a smaller version of this engine tho'!

Indian excise norms offer significant advantage to expenses below 1200cc Petrol or 1400cc Diesel and 4000mm in length. So to price it competitively, Ford will have to shrink the engine a way bit.
Old 23rd September 2009, 19:46   #75
BHPian

This is based on the European Fiesta (MK6). I have driven the Europen Fiesta in South Africa - The one I drove was a 2 door sports model with a 2L engine and it was absolutely a fun car to drive. Ride and handling was fantastic and hope this gets carried over to Figo.

As for pricing, I can positively confirm that it will be between 3.5L to 4.7L Ex showroom Delhi

My sources say that it "may" come with ABS and airbags on the top end versions. Hope that is true.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks