Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2009, 13:46   #31
Senior - BHPian

Looks good but the side and rear is too identical to Fusion (which is not bad by itself but new car needs to look fresh). Hope they have done a decent job with the interior as well. I am sure it will be peppy and nice to drive like all Ford cars.
Old 23rd September 2009, 13:47   #32
BHPian

The fornt looks good but the side profile and tail clearly reminds me the fusion.It looks bigger and will beat Indica in space if priced at 3.6 for petrol.
Old 23rd September 2009, 13:57   #33
BHPian

The looks seem to be based on Mark 5 European Fiesta (same platform as Indian Fiesta as well as Fusion and not the other way around) rather than the current Mark 6 one, which at its launch was stated as cheaper to manufacture than the outgoing one in Europe mainly due to complex suspension system of the Mark 5 model. The engines however are a 1.2 Petrol and 1.4 Diesel seemingly at the price point of Maruti Swift and Fiat Punto (with relatively similar performance or may be even less).

What needs to be seen though is whether the suspension systems remain same as the Indian Fiesta (which as can be seen is its main strength) and also the famed 1.6 engine as a sport variant.
Old 23rd September 2009, 13:57   #34
BHPian

Figo- interesting choice of name
It reminds me of the fusion too much for its own good infact it almost looks like an updated fusion, the body specs will be interesting to see. I was hoping for the latest gen fiesta but lets see how this one fares.
Mind you this one does not get here till 2010
Old 23rd September 2009, 14:00   #35
BHPian

Ford Figo is here....

India's role as an important player in the future of Ford [ Images ] Motor Company's international strategy was underscored on Wednesday when the company's President and CEO Alan Mulally unveiled an all-new small car targetting the Indian car market: the Ford Figo.

The Ford Figo signals Ford's intention to compete in India's largest and most important small car market segment.

However, Ford has not reveal the cost of the car yet.

Ford Figo launched in India, photo gallery of Ford Figo small car | DWS Auto India
Old 23rd September 2009, 14:01   #36
BHPian

hmmm... its a bit of a curious blend. Like two different cars front and back - a contemporary rounded front and a boxy last generation rear half. I think I prefer the more harmonious boxy-ness of the Fusion. Just my opinion though..
Old 23rd September 2009, 14:08   #37
BHPian

Here's a video (taken from the link above) of the car. Looks very similar to Fusion, but still neat.

Old 23rd September 2009, 14:11   #38
Senior - BHPian

Fantastic looking car. It looks like it will have loads of space inside as well. I hope they give decent interiors and not cut price ones.
Old 23rd September 2009, 14:11   #39
BHPian

And if the 1.4 TDCI goes into this car, how will it go with the Fiesta 1.4 TDCI buyers....time to upgrade the engine in Fiesta.
Old 23rd September 2009, 14:16   #40
Senior - BHPian

Though the name FIGO is not to my liking the car looks appealing from exterior atleast. The back is upgraded version of fusion imo. The front headlights remind me of i20.
Overall it looks really attractive and if the colors shown in pics are launched will be mouth watering!
If priced correctly this can give the maruti/hyundai/fiat etc something to worry about.
Old 23rd September 2009, 14:34   #41
Senior - BHPian

Now Wait is the name of the game

One more compact car after Chevvy Beat and VW Polo with good diesel options. The hot hatch slot is getting hotter. So everyone would now wait and watch rather than tendering their money for the swifts, i20s and the vistas. The second motoring revolution on the Indian car scene since the 800. Real good indeed.
Old 23rd September 2009, 14:37   #42
Senior - BHPian

Source - Rediff.com Article

Some pics for those guys who cant view YouTube @ office (like me)
Attached Thumbnails
Report and First Pics: The Ford Figo is HERE !! More info - Pg19-23ford1.jpg  

Report and First Pics: The Ford Figo is HERE !! More info - Pg19-23ford.jpg  

Old 23rd September 2009, 14:38   #43
Senior - BHPian

The silhoutte (spellcheck?) is just like the Fusion. Ford is heading for trouble because people will believe that it's the Fusion with a new name (Remember Siena to Petra?). The car looks outdated even today but what segment is Ford targetting with this car? i10, spark, A-Star or the Beat, i20, Grande Punto , Polo? If they are looking towards the i20, GP and Polo then they should be ready to get clobbered at the sales charts.

The Figo is going to flop.
Old 23rd September 2009, 14:41   #44
BHPian

For sale only in 2010 and they claim that they have launched it or 'unveiled' (whatever that means) it ?

Looks like Ford has been taking lessons on vapour-ware from Microsoft and Apple.

Last edited by chncar : 23rd September 2009 at 14:42.
Old 23rd September 2009, 14:45   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharma_sanjeevi View Post
Looks good, but dosent the tail resemble the Fusion ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Looks good but the side and rear is too identical to Fusion (which is not bad by itself but new car needs to look fresh).
Well that is because the Fusion itself was based on the earlier EU Spec Fusion See: Ford Fiesta - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This Figo itself is the facelifted version of the same and hence the family lines show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grvanand View Post
The looks seem to be based on Mark 5 European Fiesta (same platform as Indian Fiesta as well as Fusion and not the other way around) rather than the current Mark 6 one
Exactly.

I am sure the resemblance is mainly in pictures. When seeing in the flesh, being a smaller car, it will look different.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks