Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2009, 08:57   #151
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
The car definitely looks good. And a mouth watering price mentioned in one of the posts! Lets wait and watch complete specs and pricing once it launches.
dated design.period. Ford is trying to pull a fast one out here coz the car didn't really cost too much coz all it is a cover up act on the old fiesta hatch.atleast I hope they impress with the price and also provide the latest gen engines and not the old rocam 1.3's (pulled down to 1.2). Hope ford doesn't fall flat on its face.
The ritz and the i20 are current gen designs and that is the direction the current gen fiesta hatch is made in. unlike the Figo.
Old 26th September 2009, 09:32   #152
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaz View Post
Ikon's braking is questionable. My Cousin's Ikon dragged and hit a Lorry at just a speed of 70 kmph.

And when I visited the Garage to check the Vehicle, I found almost all other Ikon's having a frontal impact. And when I enquired with one of the Engineers, he admitted that Ikon's braking is poor. High time Ikon gets ABS.

But the same (braking problem) will not apply for Fiesta, as we own one and experienced it.
Its not the Ikon brakes that suck, its the combination of the stock tire and the sharpness of the brake. I have used the Ikon 1.6 for over 4 years without any problems with braking!
Old 26th September 2009, 10:27   #153
BHPian

Rear 3 quarters (esp. rear quart glass) and side profile reminds of prev. gen UK-spec Fiesta hatch and C-max. Great conventional lines. Rear elevation looks great. Amazing merger of design philosophies. I love this car.

BH.
Old 26th September 2009, 16:19   #154
BHPian

I somehow didnt like the design personally.
Old 26th September 2009, 17:57   #155
BHPian

Not too pleased with the looks, hopefull it might look better "on road".
Ford is known to make good drivers car and this one should be no exception. Hope they get the pricing right.

Last edited by RacingForIndia : 26th September 2009 at 18:04. Reason: Spellings
Old 27th September 2009, 03:44   #156
BHPian

I guess Ford is probably not able to sell this car(that Old Shape as mentioned) anywhere in the world,so their going to try their luck here in India as we have a developing economy , least hit by recession , cars of that segment have aLot of buyers and they had not entered that particular segment at all.
Survival measures taken by Ford as they have been going through tough times in recession as well know,thats what i think by this step of theirs. I hope they put the 1.6 Diesel engine in this one,would make the car fun to drive(would be atleast Quick like the 1.6 Diesel Getz)

Last edited by suped99 : 27th September 2009 at 03:52.
Old 27th September 2009, 07:04   #157
Senior - BHPian

1) Do you guys expect that the Facelifted fusion will cost 3.5 lacs? The fusion sells for around 6-7lacs now. I agree that it will have a 1.2 engine. But for <60% of the price? Something does not seem right.

2) The Indian consumer is more aware now. People can identify the facelifted previous gen Fiesta. Now you guys will tell me that Maruti sells an Alto which is more than a decade old. But at that price point, we don't have 'modern' hatchbacks. The alternatives are Spark(which is essentially the redesigned Matiz) and the Indica Xeta(which is a decade old design too). But in this case, Figo has to compete with Swift, Ritz, i10, W-R, A-Star, Santro, Estilo, Indica Vista etc (if priced at around 4-4.5lacs)

I really don't see much market for the Figo, unless it has some unique USP. lets wait and watch.
Old 27th September 2009, 10:33   #158
BHPian

Looks like a nice and sensible car if priced in the i10, Ritz segment. Who wouldn't take an European face lifted moderately outdated Fiesta for bargain basement price? However, the key for Ford would be extensive After Sales Service along with pricing to see any success with this outdated car, which otherwise has proven to be an extremely good one with the same proven platform as Indian Fiesta sedan and Fusion.
Old 27th September 2009, 12:33   #159
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_pulsar View Post
1) Do you guys expect that the Facelifted fusion will cost 3.5 lacs? The fusion sells for around 6-7lacs now. I agree that it will have a 1.2 engine. But for <60% of the price? Something does not seem right.

2) The Indian consumer is more aware now. People can identify the facelifted previous gen Fiesta. Now you guys will tell me that Maruti sells an Alto which is more than a decade old. But at that price point, we don't have 'modern' hatchbacks. The alternatives are Spark(which is essentially the redesigned Matiz) and the Indica Xeta(which is a decade old design too). But in this case, Figo has to compete with Swift, Ritz, i10, W-R, A-Star, Santro, Estilo, Indica Vista etc (if priced at around 4-4.5lacs)

I really don't see much market for the Figo, unless it has some unique USP. lets wait and watch.

Despite the looks this car is not a facelifted fusion, but a completely different car. I'm guessing figo will be sold from the lower end of 4L to 6L for top end diesel.

cheers
Old 27th September 2009, 13:36   #160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Its not the Ikon brakes that suck, its the combination of the stock tire and the sharpness of the brake. I have used the Ikon 1.6 for over 4 years without any problems with braking!
You are right. But the percentage of people upgrading their tyres is very less. So, most of them drive the stock set up. It is upto the Ford Company to provide better rubber if their Cars are involved in more Accidents - at that too most of them Frontal Crash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_pulsar View Post
+1 - No Car Company can match Maruti's prices. And Maruti is also not selling for Cheap prices. Maruti is enjoying with huge profits based on Volume sales.

FORD has done a big mistake by overpricing FUSION. Lets hope they've learnt a lesson.

Last edited by Rehaan : 27th September 2009 at 17:34. Reason: Posts merged. Please use the MULTIQUOTE button. Thanks.
Old 27th September 2009, 13:58   #161
Senior - BHPian

did any one see the interior drawing on the Ford Figo Gallery on the Ford India website?
It's a flash animation, so couldn't copy and paste, but here is a screenshot.

Don't know if it has been pasted here before. Also, it's an artist's impression, so might be some changes. Looks very similar to the Fiesta and Fusion's interiors. Which means the Fiesta should be getting an upgrade soon. You can't have a 5 lac rupee car AND an 8 lac rupee car with almost similar interiors!
Attached Thumbnails
Report and First Pics: The Ford Figo is HERE !! More info - Pg19-interior-figo.jpg  

Old 28th September 2009, 00:45   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
You can't have a 5 lac rupee car AND an 8 lac rupee car with almost similar interiors!
Don't you know the Suzuki Grand Vitara shares it's interior with parts from the Swift's bin?
Old 28th September 2009, 02:09   #163
BHPian

my 2 cents.

lets talk strictly just the looks of figo. and a lil bit sorting of other designs of hatches, if we were to put them in different boxes and find a place for figo.

outright aggresive -- you see the best design in looks i think should be the jazz which is very swoopy and sleek futuristic. ritz and i20 are also in your face designs.

oldskool classic-- fiat punto is the classic italian design and it looks good compare it to what you can but you will find it unique.

mini wannabes -- skoda fabia has its own charm about it. its classic mini design. even the swift is comparable to the mini.

now i find the figo very interesting. not dull nor boring either. you can't clearly reject it or go wow about it in the same breath!

but what i gather from the figo is that, this hatch will be a mini version of the fusion which would be spacious and comfortable and dare i say comfortable than the indica vista. because its tall i think and looks just a tad bit bigger this might be the perfect family hatch.

if its similar to the vw polo then i would be happy. when it comes out in flesh

to be honest even the beat looks more aggressively styled concept of design.

i wonder what the dimensions are?

Last edited by Caramelo : 28th September 2009 at 02:21.
Old 28th September 2009, 09:25   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaz View Post
You are right. But the percentage of people upgrading their tyres is very less. So, most of them drive the stock set up. It is upto the Ford Company to provide better rubber if their Cars are involved in more Accidents - at that too most of them Frontal Crash.
Tyres on the Fiesta except the 1.6S are MRF-lousy in my opinion. The Figo wears Goodyear-so problem half solved I guess.
Old 28th September 2009, 09:34   #165
BHPian

It's another Ford!

Congrats to Ford on the Figo. Figo in Italian means "cool". The Figo looks cool-some bits outdated. The ORVMs and wheelcaps are from the Fiesta-but isn't that how they keep costs minimal?
I'm sure the car will look awesome in the flesh-so it's too soon to say whether it's a hit or a flop.
One thing for sure needs to improve-showroom salesmanship and the authorised service centers.
I'm hooked on Ford for it's best handling cars-will I buy the Figo?Hell yeah!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed