Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2009, 16:07   #181
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph5600 View Post
Definitely the build quality and snob value would be better for Ford compared to Swift. I am not sure about the space, F.E, ride quality, handling, comfort, performance etc. If Figo can score above Swift in most of these and the pricing is competant with that of Swift, definitely it will affect the sales of Swift. As I mentioned above, it is not the same as comparing Fiat with Maruti because Fiat and Ford are not in the same league.
I sincerely hope you are are proven right!
Old 29th September 2009, 16:24   #182
BHPian

Quote:
And also the pricing. If they are able to price the 1.2 L engine varient the same as Swift, it is definitely going to affect the Swift sales.
Its supposed to be cheaper than Swift. Pricing for 1.2L to be in the range of 3.6L - 4.6L. Read Guna's post above - hes given info from latest ACI.

I guess Figo 1.4Tdci (base) will have Vista like pricing with top end selling at just above or below 6.0L.

As I said above, with three engine options they can aggressively compete with most cars in B and B+ segment.
Old 29th September 2009, 17:35   #183
BHPian

Good Pricing moves

If this pricing does become a reality I would expect Ford to have a runaway hit on their hands. This would compete well with the low, middle and high end of the B segment by appealing to the one thing that we Indians love the most - VFM!
I am sure the stability of the FIGO will be better than most other competitors given that Fords are usually very solidly put together compared to the Marutis and Hyundais. Also the ridiculous Jazz pricing puts it out of the reach of many B segment consumers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivn View Post
Its supposed to be cheaper than Swift. Pricing for 1.2L to be in the range of 3.6L - 4.6L. Read Guna's post above - hes given info from latest ACI.

I guess Figo 1.4Tdci (base) will have Vista like pricing with top end selling at just above or below 6.0L.

As I said above, with three engine options they can aggressively compete with most cars in B and B+ segment.
Old 29th September 2009, 18:14   #184
Senior - BHPian

Looks from the front as it has been derived from IKON and the rear tends to remind us of the FUSION.
Styling looks a bit dated when we compare it with the i20’s & Ritz new gens. How ever it is not bad either.

Pricing will be the key here and if Ford does it right, it might have a winner at it hand.

But before crowing it a success there are few parameters like
1 cost of spares/service which is on the higher end,
2. fuel efficiency.
3. Value for money proposition
4. Re-sell value which is generally low for Ford.
Old 29th September 2009, 18:33   #185
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj123 View Post
4. Re-sell value which is generally low for Ford.
Diesel Fords tend to hold their value much better than their petrol counterparts. If they can price the diesel Figo at 4.5 to 5 ex showroom, we should have a worthy competitor.
Old 30th September 2009, 15:01   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Diesel Fords tend to hold their value much better than their petrol counterparts.
Is the same applicable for the Ikon 1.8 Diesel?
Old 30th September 2009, 20:17   #187
oss
BHPian

Quote:
Is the same applicable for the Ikon 1.8 Diesel?
The non-CRDi (and the TDCi, TCDi, TDi, DDiS, etc. etc) are considered archaic now.
Old 1st October 2009, 17:35   #188
BHPian

Correct me If I am wrong, But is'nt Ford an expensive car to maintain.
A friend of mine sold his used 1.6 IKON (and opted for a new Desire) because of the expenses on maintainance and I am not talking about F.E. here.
If that is true then this car will have a lesser impact on maruti sales and more on the PUNTO and I20.
Old 1st October 2009, 18:57   #189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick View Post
A friend of mine sold his used 1.6 IKON (and opted for a new Desire) because of the expenses on maintainance and I am not talking about F.E. here.
If that is true then this car will have a lesser impact on maruti sales and more on the PUNTO and I20.
But Fiesta sells more than SX4. And I have heard from SX4 owners that eventhough it is not as expensive as maintaining a Fiesta, it is not that cheap as well. So I believe that the same applies here as well.
Old 2nd October 2009, 18:06   #190

Guys,This car looks plain ordinary,boring and no finesse.The new cars are anyday much better and knowing ford they will price it quite high like the Fabia,service poor and parts rare thats Ford India's moto !!
Old 2nd October 2009, 19:51   #191
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjoepaulp View Post
Guys,This car looks plain ordinary,boring and no finesse.The new cars are anyday much better and knowing ford they will price it quite high like the Fabia,service poor and parts rare thats Ford India's moto !!
Any experience on these lines that you would like to share!? Or just a blind perception?
Old 2nd October 2009, 19:55   #192
Senior - BHPian

^^ It is a bit plain, yes. Then again, so is the Polo which is one really hot hatch abroad. But the rest of the stuff in your post isn't quite true.
Old 3rd October 2009, 15:20   #193
Senior - BHPian

Wow, Nice pictures and report of a new kid in Ford family!
Indeed, from the looks it seems a solid car.
Definitely it is going to be a good competitor for other cars in the same
segment, ofcourse subject the features and price tag.
With this new car, Ford is going to capture more market share in India?/
Old 3rd October 2009, 20:55   #194
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick View Post
I know this from a close source, Ford is working a lot on reducing its Cost of ownership, people from all levels are having a look at it now. For e.g. They have managed to reduce the cost of bumper which is now even lower than Maruti's.
It was costly I agree, but according to my source there is a lotsa focus throughout the company in attacking this.
Old 4th October 2009, 11:39   #195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjoepaulp View Post
The new cars are anyday much better and knowing ford they will price it quite high like the Fabia,service poor and parts rare thats Ford India's moto !!
Seeing your statement makes me wonder how well you know ford.. No offense but here are my views.

"they will price it quite high like the Fabia": Ikon and Fiesta are good VFM cars in their segment.

"service poor": Ford has improved it A.S.S a lot. I agree that its service network is not as wide as maruti's but no way the service is poor.

"parts rare": Is it? Which spare part did you have difficulty getting? Except Ford Fusion, spares for all the cars are easily available.

Please dont speculate or spread rumors. I own an ikon and i can assure you that your statement is pure speculation.

-Pallavi
Closed Thread

Most Viewed