Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2009, 13:47   #226
BHPian

The dials and the interior looks really good and better than others.But still i have feeling of Fiesta interior in Figo.
Old 24th October 2009, 21:59   #227
BHPian

Spotted

I spotted these Black and white beauties testing in Chennai. These were on the Inner ring road that goes to Koyambedu. There were 3 black cars and 2 white cars. One black car did not have the "Figo" badge but others had them.

In Profile, there is a lot of fiesta touches and from the Rear, it could be mistaken for a Fusion. Also, a tad big to be classified as a small car in India.

I wasn't able to catch the Front end. They looked exactly the same as in the Pictures. I followed them for some distance and finally gave up.

Excuse two things here:

1. Quality of the pictures from the Stupid Nokia E63's camera.
2. Not in line with Team-BHP's safe driving policy. I Couldn't resist this time.
Attached Thumbnails
Report and First Pics: The Ford Figo is HERE !! More info - Pg19-24102009.jpg  

Report and First Pics: The Ford Figo is HERE !! More info - Pg19-24102009001.jpg  

Report and First Pics: The Ford Figo is HERE !! More info - Pg19-24102009002.jpg  

Report and First Pics: The Ford Figo is HERE !! More info - Pg19-24102009003.jpg  

Report and First Pics: The Ford Figo is HERE !! More info - Pg19-24102009004.jpg  

Report and First Pics: The Ford Figo is HERE !! More info - Pg19-24102009005.jpg  

Old 24th October 2009, 22:00   #228
Senior - BHPian

The first unmasked pictures of the Figo? Awesome man! Well done!
Old 24th October 2009, 22:12   #229
Senior - BHPian

I saw a Black Figo coming out of the Ford Plant located in the out skirts of Chennai. it looks like the final production version.
I could not recognize the car from the rear, I thought it was the Fusion. The car was looking quite big. Unfortunately could not click any pics as I was moving in quite high speed. Hope this will be an interesting choice for the customers.
Old 24th October 2009, 22:22   #230
BHPian

Wow. Atlast someone captured and posted the pics here. I spotted the white one 2weeks back, I also mentioned it in this thread.

Looking good. Well, I am keen on seeing the actual interiors. If Ford can come out with interiors like the one seen in previous page, it,ll be great. Has the potential to set the sales chart on fire.

para_7k - Good captures.
Old 24th October 2009, 22:26   #231
Senior - BHPian

It looks even more boring in black.
White still accentuates whatever lines and creases Ford has managed to scalpel onto the last gen Fiesta!
Old 24th October 2009, 22:56   #232
BHPian

I somehow like the car. Looks big and spacious. Seems like lots of head room and good leg room at the rear. 1.4 diesel will be a hot seller IMO.
Old 24th October 2009, 22:57   #233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivn View Post
Wow. Atlast someone captured and posted the pics here. I spotted the white one 2weeks back, I also mentioned it in this thread.
Looking good. Well, I am keen on seeing the actual interiors. If Ford can come out with interiors like the one seen in previous page, it,ll be great. Has the potential to set the sales chart on fire.
para_7k - Good captures.
I did see your post. The car does look promising. I liked the Fusion and always wished it was a little more compact. The Figo answers it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyAn! View Post
It looks even more boring in black.
White still accentuates whatever lines and creases Ford has managed to scalpel onto the last gen Fiesta!
Yes. It is by no means a looker. But it should be a good refresher after seeing so many Marutis and Hyundais in this segment and also give Ford a strong platform to develop some more trust in India.

Last edited by para_7k : 24th October 2009 at 22:59. Reason: Car looks promising
Old 24th October 2009, 23:01   #234
Senior - BHPian

Great scoop Param!

The car does like big for the price band Ford is pitching the Figo in!

I kinda liked the rear & side profile of the Figo. The sharp lines does impress me a lot

Nice mags and fat rubber will give this car the sporty looks!

Last edited by anachronix : 24th October 2009 at 23:02.
Old 24th October 2009, 23:23   #235
H2O
BHPian

The rear end looks very similar to the previous generation Ford Fiesta (Mark-6). From both shots it is difficult to distinguis between Fiesta and Figo.
I hope Ford has done enough groundwork for this car in India, and they can launch at competitive price as previously announced.
Attached Thumbnails
Report and First Pics: The Ford Figo is HERE !! More info - Pg19-800pxford_fiesta_mk6_rear_20070926.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 25th October 2009, 09:27   #236
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by para_7k View Post
I spotted these Black and white beauties testing in Chennai.
Great catch, para. I wonder why ford is running them without any disguise, is the launch so near. If the car is not launched by jan, i'm sure it'll look outdated even before launch. People will lose interest too.

car looks dull and boring anyways. Hope the final turnout is better.
Old 25th October 2009, 10:29   #237
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2O View Post
The rear end looks very similar to the previous generation Ford Fiesta (Mark-6). From both shots it is difficult to distinguis between Fiesta and Figo.
I hope Ford has done enough groundwork for this car in India, and they can launch at competitive price as previously announced.
It looks very different from the Indian version of the Fiesta. IMO, we would mistake it for a fusion from the rear or profile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Great scoop Param!

Nice mags and fat rubber will give this car the sporty looks!
Thanks Arun. I also would like to see mags and rubber like the ones on your 1.6 S

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
Great catch, para. I wonder why ford is running them without any disguise, is the launch so near. If the car is not launched by jan, i'm sure it'll look outdated even before launch. People will lose interest too.

car looks dull and boring anyways. Hope the final turnout is better.
Jay, I believe this should be the final version. IMO, the car looks good from the Front but not otherwise. Aggressive pricing should be the key for Ford to make it a success.

Last edited by para_7k : 25th October 2009 at 10:30. Reason: adding "IMO" :-)
Old 25th October 2009, 10:32   #238
oss
BHPian

@para_7k: Did you get to look at the interiors? I find it to be a copy of current Fiesta sedan. Any observations?
Old 25th October 2009, 10:38   #239
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oss View Post
@para_7k: Did you get to look at the interiors? I find it to be a copy of current Fiesta sedan. Any observations?
@oss, The tints were a little dark and I couldn't get them in the pictures.

You are right. From the short glimpse I got, I found the steering wheel and other areas looked very very similar to the Current Fiesta.

Every car had one driver and one passenger. All of them were wearing seat belts
Old 25th October 2009, 11:08   #240
BHPian

Figo looks like a lesser Ford Fusion. The outer trappings are better than Fusion. But one cannot mistake the parts of Figo that look just like Fusion. Fusion was the all in one car..Figo promises to be a city car. Ford has really goofed on the marketing of Fusion (1.6 petrol). If they had made the car handsomer and given dealers more incentives to sell, the car would have turned a winner. it is a car ahead of its times. it will be sad if it is discontinued.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks