Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2010, 22:55   #391
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
GTO/ Dippy/ Sid.

I am still waiting for information from your side. Any calls for TD or review from the side of Ford???

Any news on when the car will be shown to the general public.
Have patience my friend. It pays. Hopefully, someone from the Ford team must have contacted someone in TBHP
Old 12th January 2010, 23:32   #392
BHPian

The FIGO looks like an updated FUSION. Having said that ,the FUSION is a good looking car (though a little staid )with all the credentials but dint make it because of its cost. So if priced right the FIGO will definitely make a great buy. But im guesstimating the price to start at about 4.25 L ex-showroom which will translate to an OTR price of nearly 5L for a base version. Lets see how it turns out.
Old 13th January 2010, 08:42   #393
BHPian

The cars are being send out now for Auto magazine previews. Infact some of them will get shipped today - that much I know.
Old 13th January 2010, 18:36   #394
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chennai-indian View Post
The cars are being send out now for Auto magazine previews. Infact some of them will get shipped today - that much I know.
Thanks. This is great news. They were probably waiting for Auto Expo to finish and then will get the car reviewed. I am eagerly waiting for the reviews. The first drive review of the car is not what I like as they always go gagga over the car and praise it like it is going to be a huge hit. Take any car first drive review - Punto, A-Star, Jazz.

I hope BHPian will get the car soon to drive and provide the review.
Old 13th January 2010, 19:30   #395
BHPian

WOW... now eagerly waiting for the TeamBHP's review.
Old 13th January 2010, 20:46   #396
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by erohit View Post
Thanks. This is great news. They were probably waiting for Auto Expo to finish and then will get the car reviewed. I am eagerly waiting for the reviews. The first drive review of the car is not what I like as they always go gagga over the car and praise it like it is going to be a huge hit. Take any car first drive review - Punto, A-Star, Jazz.

I hope BHPian will get the car soon to drive and provide the review.
Rightly said,They mostly give build ups and they will mention all features in that car(High end) and say a very good one .Not even a word about the base verison or mid verison.Even sometimes they won't say that the test drive vehicle is a high end one.
Old 13th January 2010, 21:47   #397
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chennai-indian View Post
Now thats what I call as good news. But as someone mentioned, I belive in TBHP's review as they are more honest.

I keep reading the reviews of Sanstorm and Rio frequently, its funny how those got ripped.
Hope Figo doesnt end up in that area. gonig by the pics I guess the feedback will be as good as Beat..
Old 14th January 2010, 15:40   #398
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by erohit View Post
I am eagerly waiting for the reviews. The first drive review of the car is not what I like as they always go gagga over the car and praise it like it is going to be a huge hit.
You should read our official reviews : They tell you the car just AS IT IS! The pro's and con's neatly highlit too. Consider the Beat review. There isn't a negative (or positive) that has been missed.
Old 14th January 2010, 19:28   #399
Senior - BHPian

If Ford prices this car right, they will have a winner. I pray the middle class bean counters who have populated Ford(India) don't have their way and ruin another product, like they did the Fusion.
Old 15th January 2010, 21:08   #400
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickatnite View Post
If Ford prices this car right, they will have a winner. I pray the middle class bean counters who have populated Ford(India) don't have their way and ruin another product, like they did the Fusion.
Based on the inputs that I have seen in this thread, its going to be a different car from the fusion.
Old 15th January 2010, 22:32   #401
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
You should read our official reviews : They tell you the car just AS IT IS! The pro's and con's neatly highlit too. Consider the Beat review. There isn't a negative (or positive) that has been missed.
Speaking of which, when can we expect the official review of the Figo?
Old 15th January 2010, 22:43   #402
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I can't deny that. I have read them on the very day you posted them. They are well detailed and high lights pros and cons in bullet points.

I was talking about other magazines first drive report. No offence to BHPians here. Nobody can match review of US- TEAM BHPians
Old 20th January 2010, 11:15   #403
BHPian

This Is The Interior Pic Of The Figo !!!!!!!!
Mods Please Note - This Pic Has Been Taken From Autocar India's Site. If There Are Any Copyright Issue,kindly Delete It.
Attached Thumbnails
Report and First Pics: The Ford Figo is HERE !! More info - Pg19-f-figo.jpg  

Old 20th January 2010, 11:17   #404
Senior - BHPian

SCOOP SCOOP SCOOP. I like!
Old 20th January 2010, 11:19   #405
Senior - BHPian

Here is the autocar india review:

The Figo may have skipped the bright lights of the Auto expo, but we got our hands on it under the Goan sun. Here are first impressions of what is quite figo-ratively a hugely impressive car.
The 1.4-litre Duratorq diesel we know well. It behaves very much like it does in the Figo’s siblings. By this we mean the Figo’s got superb driveability, fantastic low and mid-range response for city driving but feels a bit out of breath on the highway, thanks to its modest 68bhp. We know this engine is fuel efficient and smooth, if quite noisy by modern diesel standards and it is now Bharat IV compliant.
There’s also a new 1.2-litre Duratec petrol that’s essentially a scaled down version of the engines that power the Fiesta and the Fusion. It makes a decent 70bhp and if the Fiesta engine is anything to go by, it’ll be a rev-happy motor. Performance is average, Ford's claimed 0-100kph figures are 15.5 seconds for the petrol variant and 15.8 seconds for diesel models.
The Figo’s got great big-car feel. The ride is one of the best in class, good at low and high speeds. It’s very stable at three digit speeds and you can see Ford’s ‘driver’s car’ DNA in it. The steering weighs up nicely, and though there’s not much feel at speed, it’s still very good.
The Figo’s is one of the biggest B-segment cars in India. It’s longer than the Swift, has a longer wheelbase than the Fusion. Interior space is good, but not great, especially at the rear. Still, the seats make up by being very supportive, and seat height and back support are good as well.
We’re not sure if we like the colours used on the dashboard, but the faux aluminium trim does look good and the cabin has sporty overtones with red stitching on the black seats.
Prices haven’t been announced yet, but the way the company is stressing on low cost of ownership should mean very competitive pricing and reasonably priced spare parts. And the car comes with a two year warranty. There’s lots of promise here.
Attached Thumbnails
Report and First Pics: The Ford Figo is HERE !! More info - Pg19-dsc_5369.jpg  

Report and First Pics: The Ford Figo is HERE !! More info - Pg19-dsc_5379.jpg  

Report and First Pics: The Ford Figo is HERE !! More info - Pg19-dsc_5384.jpg  

Report and First Pics: The Ford Figo is HERE !! More info - Pg19-dsc_5417.jpg  

Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks