Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2010, 14:06   #421
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Shucks! I hate those colored dashboards!
Glad that its only on the top-end version.
+1 to that. Strangely the top end does not get power windows for the rear as well. I think thats a lil over the top, no matter how aggressively they are going to price it. I hope they dont leave out rear defoggers, I sorely miss them on the Ikon (1.3).
Plastic quality is something I am sure would be good as is the norm with Ford.
I would love to see what the 1.2 petrol engine would be like though.
Old 20th January 2010, 14:12   #422
BHPian

However the TopEnd (petrol) price come below 5 lacs, then it does not matter whether it has rear power windows or not. But what about the safety equipments like ABS,EBD and Airbags? Will they be available in any variants or as options?
Old 20th January 2010, 14:14   #423
Senior - BHPian

YES!

From Overdrive:

Quote:
The base variant has an all-black interior with grey highlight while the mid and high level trims get a nice, rich shade of black that’s complemented rather nicely by aluminium-effect central console and air-con surrounds. In the metal (or should one say plastic) it really does look the business. What will polarize opinion though is the top-end variant that gets a coral-hued top half of the dashboard. It looks like a mix of orange, red and brown and I really can’t make up my mind whether I like it or not. That it is different is without question.
Nice, the middle variant will have a rich black interior with aluminium trim! Atleast one manufacturer was listening to me

Overall the car looks decent, but will have to see it IRL before judging.
Old 20th January 2010, 14:19   #424
BHPian

Well The dash Looks quite funny. Red always doesn't mean sporty or happening
Old 20th January 2010, 14:21   #425
BHPian

Wow, what was Ford thinking with THAT dash colour?! Looks like the de-worming syrup that I used to take as a kid
Old 20th January 2010, 14:43   #426
BHPian

I like the fact that you can roll the rear seats completely to make space. I can easily take my kid's 20 inch cycle for repairs in this. This is something that I find difficult to do in a sedan.

Pradeep
Old 20th January 2010, 14:49   #427
Senior - BHPian

Its all about the pricing now! Cool

Need a perfect diesel sibling for my Fiesta and this would be the perfect car!
Old 20th January 2010, 14:53   #428
Senior - BHPian

So Ford's DNA continues to flow in the Figo.

- Driver's car
- Best Ride
- Decent Interiors

I am a bit disappointed that the 1.2 produces just 70 bhp. The Ritz and the Beat seem to have better petrol engines. The 1.4 diesel is bound to be fantastic though. Best diesel engine for the city and regular highway cruises even though it belongs to an older generation.
Old 20th January 2010, 14:55   #429
BHPian

Its quite funny but expect the black colour Figo to sell well on the top end variant.The interiors will go well with Black exteriors.
Old 20th January 2010, 15:00   #430
Senior - BHPian

Just having a look at the pictures, I appreciate the Ford for going with a funny yet bold colur for the dash. Note I have not said its good. But its bold than going old school on this.
And of course I see a lots of space in the vehicle which is good for the class.
Old 20th January 2010, 15:34   #431
BHPian

Attaching couple of pics from ACI site. Figo looks nice but styling may not attract many. Different color used on dashboard is unique and its design is fiesta like.
Attached Thumbnails
Report and First Pics: The Ford Figo is HERE !! More info - Pg19-dsc_53781_0.jpg  

Report and First Pics: The Ford Figo is HERE !! More info - Pg19-dsc_5369.jpg  

Report and First Pics: The Ford Figo is HERE !! More info - Pg19-dsc_5379.jpg  

Report and First Pics: The Ford Figo is HERE !! More info - Pg19-dsc_5384.jpg  

Old 20th January 2010, 15:40   #432
Senior - BHPian

1) I am waiting for TBHP review. That will answer most of our questions.

2) What is exactly wrong with car manufacturers ? That red colored dashboard ? If would be good if we are given options on this color. I wonder how badly it will reflect on windscreen. This is not a joke, and the reflection is sometimes strong enough to hamper view.

And why do we need these various colored dashboard in the first place ? I fail to understand the logic. Irritating move.

3) 1.2 ltr. 70 bhp engine. What should we call this ? There are others in market that are offering much better engines. This is not good and makes the car non competitive IMO. Simply put, K series and Honda Jazz have raised the bar in this segment, and honestly speaking others are not able to match up. But this is too low for any car that is relatively big. Would beg for more power.

4) The same diesel, but again we have better options here also. And with the Punto 85bhp expected, what will happen to Figo ?

At the end of the day I would say that engines is not the USP of the car. So what is ? Driver's car ? With that 70 bhp petrol and diesel units ?
The only thing that now remains is ride. But just that, nothing more.

How about the 1.4 Duratec making a come back in Figo ? Will that not be good ?

5) The rear suspension inserts are obstructing the boot. Is this car having IRS ? Because its too much an intrusion, like the Indica that came with IRS.

I am not all happy by this car. Another TBHPian from Vadodara ( Digitonsam ) told me that Beat has made others look either overpriced or improper overall packages. I think he is correct.

EDIT : The car looks too much like Fusion. Wont help the car much.
Old 20th January 2010, 16:08   #433
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
1) I am waiting for TBHP review. That will answer most of our questions.
Agree
2) What is exactly wrong with car manufacturers ? That red colored dashboard ? If would be good if we are given options on this color. I wonder how badly it will reflect on windscreen. This is not a joke, and the reflection is sometimes strong enough to hamper view.

Agree here too. I did not like the color of the dashboard either

And why do we need these various colored dashboard in the first place ? I fail to understand the logic. Irritating move.

3) 1.2 ltr. 70 bhp engine. What should we call this ? There are others in market that are offering much better engines. This is not good and makes the car non competitive IMO. Simply put, K series and Honda Jazz have raised the bar in this segment, and honestly speaking others are not able to match up. But this is too low for any car that is relatively big. Would beg for more power.

4) The same diesel, but again we have better options here also. And with the Punto 85bhp expected, what will happen to Figo ?

Lets not compare Punto with Figo. They have totally diff price points. And also yes, it is the same diesel that is in Fiesta which actually is a + point IMHO

At the end of the day I would say that engines is not the USP of the car. So what is ? Driver's car ? With that 70 bhp petrol and diesel units ?
The only thing that now remains is ride. But just that, nothing more.

How about the 1.4 Duratec making a come back in Figo ? Will that not be good ?

5) The rear suspension inserts are obstructing the boot. Is this car having IRS ? Because its too much an intrusion, like the Indica that came with IRS.

I am not all happy by this car. Another TBHPian from Vadodara ( Digitonsam ) told me that Beat has made others look either overpriced or improper overall packages. I think he is correct.
Beat has killer pricing. I expect the same for FIGO too - and FIGO will be more spacious than Beat
Old 20th January 2010, 16:12   #434
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
I agree. The petrol option does not sound good even on paper. The savior could be the price.

Quote:
Disagree here. The Punto 85 BHP will probably cost more than 7 lacs on the road and will find very few takers. The 1.4 Duratorq is a gem of an engine and will find a lot of takers in the Figo if it's indeed priced at 4.6. Punto is not the competition here. Beat, Swift, i10 and i20 are the ones to beat.

Quote:
Not sure if it has IRS but the boot space does seem to be class leading. Makes the Beat's boot look puny by comparison.
Old 20th January 2010, 16:20   #435
Senior - BHPian

The dashboard colour is pathetic (not seen in any car so far?)
But the black interior and seats are attractive!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks