Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2009, 10:11   #166
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeshwant View Post
its confirm news, SX4 diesel virsion is going to be lanched soon.
also Wagon-R is also going to be lanched with new facelift.
Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller View Post
I guess this confirms .. no 1.3MJD-90 for SX4.
Maruti has to look at other manufacturers for a diesel in SX4. Or maybe they can still release the 1.6 MJD?
@Yeshwant: In light of the news that Maruti does not have license for 1.3MJD-90, are you sure of the SX4 diesel launch in near future?
Old 13th October 2009, 11:44   #167
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Latest from R C Bhargava - Chairman Maruti Suzuki
“As a model gets older, its sales drop. The sales of the SX4 were further hit due to a few misleading reports in media about Maruti planning to discontinue the SX4. Hopefully sales would look brighter after the facelift. I am not sure what target has been set for the car, but we will supply what the market will demand”, Bhargava says.
This is hilarious. The Chairman of the company does not know the targets!? They will just cater to whatever the demand is. lol This tells me that Maruti has thrown in the towel as far as the SX4 is concerned. They know they will never be able to compete with the ANHC.
Old 13th October 2009, 11:54   #168
BHPian

I guess they might relaunch it after Diwali
Old 13th October 2009, 12:33   #169
BHPian

Well so it seems confirmed that the 1.6 VVTi engine is coming.

However another alternative i thought was possible would be the M15A. In fact they shoul have introduced this long back. It generates the same 100 Hp but since it is below 1.5l, maruti can avoid the tax of Rs 15000(or is it 10000 now?) on all engines above 1.5l. On that topic im sure ford woul have also reconsidered phasing out of the 1.4 petrol fiesta for the same reason
Old 13th October 2009, 13:40   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiokidb View Post
Well so it seems confirmed that the 1.6 VVTi engine is coming.

However another alternative i thought was possible would be the M15A. In fact they shoul have introduced this long back. It generates the same 100 Hp but since it is below 1.5l, maruti can avoid the tax of Rs 15000(or is it 10000 now?) on all engines above 1.5l. On that topic im sure ford woul have also reconsidered phasing out of the 1.4 petrol fiesta for the same reason
I thought that this tax has been removed?
Old 13th October 2009, 14:37   #171
BHPian

The release has been postponed to after Diwali based on this latest news report

John Abraham unlikely to endorse revamped Maruti sedan SX4*-*WheelsUnplugged Automobile Industry News

The 'men' will be back soon

Some Excerpts from the article.

"Also, the aforesaid midsize sedan’s launched date has been pushed back a little from 13th October to sometime later this month, though the company has refused to put any timeline"

"For Maruti Suzuki SX4, the fireworks will begin just after Diwali. That is when the “man” among cars, as the SX4 is called in its ad campaigns, will be back after a short break."
Old 13th October 2009, 18:38   #172
Senior - BHPian

Internationally ( Europe ) SX4 recently got updated with new looks and better engines.
The new engines include :
1) 2.0 16V 135 bhp diesel, comes with DPF ( Diesel Particulate Filter ). I think that this is same DW10 from ( PSA ) Peugeot ( this is not a Fiat unit ). The 1.6 diesel is again from Peugeot. The UK website of Suzuki is not updated, but search in good and you will get resutls.

2) The 1.6 petrol is updated to 120 bhp.

PS : I am not posting the links of the news source as its in different language.

What I wonder is this :
Are we getting this newer 2.0 unit ? Or are we getting the Peugeot mill ( 1560cc iirc, and with VGT, it produces 110 bhp ) ?

Is the updated motor intune with the EU standards ? I mean we can expect 115 bhp SX4 even after the engine has been somewhat detuned.

EDIT :
Suzuki SX4 Gets A New Look And Even Lower CO2 Emissions in Europe

I am posting this link here as its in english. Note that this article only talks about new engines, but not about outputs. To get the numbers, googling has to be done.

EDIT 2:
All this has been done for Euro-5 emission norms.

Last edited by aaggoswami : 13th October 2009 at 18:44.
Old 13th October 2009, 20:34   #173
BANNED

Why Suzuki can't develop Diesel technology by itself, or buy technology from companies like Bosch and develop or re-tune on that?

Anyway, if Maruti Suzuki switches to Peugeot for Diesel technology in India, only FIAT is going to be the loser rather than Suzuki, IMO.
Old 14th October 2009, 12:16   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Why Suzuki can't develop Diesel technology by itself, or buy technology from companies like Bosch and develop or re-tune on that?
Japanese are marvelous in petrol engine, in fact auto industry says no one makes petrol engine better than Japanese. Perhaps such kudos kept Honda and Suzuki out of diesel venture. Though Honda has recently launched or soon going to add indigenous 2.2 litre diesel for its accord, from no quarter I have any news Suzuki foraying into diesel. MSIL is largely handicapped by absence of diesel technology with Suzuki and hence dependency on FIAT or Peugeot has hit them hard.
Old 14th October 2009, 12:39   #175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
Internationally ( Europe ) SX4 recently got updated with new looks and better engines.
The new engines include :
=======================
EDIT 2:
All this has been done for Euro-5 emission norms.
From the prescribed link, I am glad to learn major revamp in the interiors of the car.
  • All new meter cluster with digital info
  • New control panel for climate control AC
  • Backlight for steering mounted controls
  • High quality seat material to improve ride quality
  • 60:40 split seat
Hope same is passed immediately to Indian buyers.
Old 14th October 2009, 14:47   #176
BANNED

No updates on refreshed SX4's launch as well??
Old 14th October 2009, 14:47   #177
Senior - BHPian

CNBC TV18 had indicated that refreshed SX4 would be launched anytime this week.
Old 14th October 2009, 15:23   #178
BANNED

Do you have any details on the changes expected?
Old 14th October 2009, 15:25   #179
Senior - BHPian

Where is Mr. Sidindica? I have great hopes from him on the new SX4; he knows it before the Showroom sales team.
Old 16th October 2009, 14:42   #180
BHPian

Was told by the local Maruti dealer that the training on the SX4 has just completed. Wonder why there are no leaks so far?

All that I got out of him was that there would be an AT option.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks