Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2009, 20:07   #196
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK View Post
They can't promise to deliver something that doesn't exist as of now [legally]
they will have to shell out the details.almost everything. the prize is the first thing

you know these dealers don't know about the features and spec. its only when the car arrives in stock they get to know it.

lot of poeple in fiat were in training for punto. even as it was already launched. and its all done in a hurry. that's why sales guys usually don't know a lot of useful features and fact about their cars.
Old 19th October 2009, 21:20   #197
BHPian

Any news about the swift BS IV variant?
Old 20th October 2009, 13:46   #198
BHPian

Isn't maruti losing too much revenue to competition by not releasing the SX4 soon ?
Old 20th October 2009, 14:09   #199
BANNED

News from the autocarindia forum

One author says...
------------------
New VVT engine developing 104.68PS@5600rpm and 45Nm@4100rpm.
Four speed auto transmission
Wood finish in interiors
New grille and no other styling changes
Launch around October 23rd.

Another author says...
----------------------
Chocolate and beige combination is sure as told by DD motors and Magic Motors.

Choclate/Beige combo + wooden trim !! I tried a mental visulaization - huh, is maruthi attempting to pimp up its ride or something ?? Anyway i hope am completly wrong and maruthi comes with an amazing interiors (might look good in person, who knows). Its a good car spoilt by cheap interior designing tastes of MSIL. Wake up MSIL, listen to your customers.
Old 20th October 2009, 14:09   #200
BHPian

Infact they could have continued with the existing model till they were geared up with the facelift.

Perhaps the recent unrest of workers in autocomponent plants in Gurgoan - Manesar might have caused some delay?

"The labour unrest has hit output in the auto manufacturing hub with an erratic components supply affecting production at Maruti Suzuki, Hero Honda, Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India (HMSI), Hyundai Motor India and Honda Siel Cars. "

Source: Workers at auto component plants to go on strike today- Auto Components-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times
Old 20th October 2009, 15:03   #201
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikanths1 View Post

One author says...
------------------
Wood finish in interiors
Are these facts correct ? 45nM torque certainly is an error
Also we heard of a 5 speed transmission coming. Or has Maruti gone the Toyota way too?

I don't really have complaints of the 4 speed transmission on my Altis, its performance and FE are decent. But company's need to get a modern when they car facelifting/reviving a model.
Old 20th October 2009, 15:50   #202
BHPian

Quote:
Choclate/Beige combo + wooden trim !! I tried a mental visulaization - huh, is maruthi attempting to pimp up its ride or something ?? Anyway i hope am completly wrong and maruthi comes with an amazing interiors (might look good in person, who knows). Its a good car spoilt by cheap interior designing tastes of MSIL. Wake up MSIL, listen to your customers.
Alto Xcite comes with this chocolate/beige combo and it looks good, but looks are subjective

I heard the same from one of the senior sales executives in Bangy, so I guess the two tone is sort of confirmed news.
Old 20th October 2009, 23:21   #203
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Are these facts correct ? 45nM torque certainly is an error
Am not sure Sahil, just copied what i read in the autocarinda blog. My bad the 45nM torque should have caught my eye.. quiet fishy. Whatever it is MSIL should bring it along fast, they have delayed too long.
Old 20th October 2009, 23:42   #204
BHPian

Quote:
Am not sure Sahil, just copied what i read in the autocarinda blog. My bad the 45nM torque should have caught my eye.. quiet fishy. Whatever it is MSIL should bring it along fast, they have delayed too long.
A dealer I had contacted last week returned my call today. I was in for a shock.

1. He tells me he's finished the training, but he's ignorant about the type of auto transmission. He didn't even know something like a 4/5 speed existed on an auto.
2. He tells me the car would be launched end-November/early December. (He made it almost sound like the first cars would be delivered only from Jan next year.)

I think he was lying about both the training and the launch date. What stops these guys from being open about a launch? I wonder if they have a lot of unsold cars lying around.

Last edited by CBlazer : 20th October 2009 at 23:45.
Old 21st October 2009, 01:14   #205
BHPian

Quote:

One author says...
------------------
Wood finish in interiors

Another author says...
----------------------
Chocolate and beige combination is sure as told by DD motors and Magic Motors.

what ever the changes be. i think they are going to be a classy affair and more upmarket! honda city just went through an interior facelift with more high class brighter and high quality beige fabrics were put in it. it just lifts the quality and atmosphere of the cabin. earlier it was like greyish beige!! its was a dull shade.

i think they are gonna play the same tric with maruti here to. after all they are gonna compete head to head here.!! good for the consumers
Old 21st October 2009, 17:36   #206
BHPian

No scoops available yet!! Rana Motors safdurjung, Delhi says new SX4 deliveries will start by end of Oct or 1st week of Nov.
Old 21st October 2009, 20:35   #207

Posting some pictures of the new SX4.
Got these at Autocar India Forums: SX4 SOON IN SHOWROOMS

I am not sure if these are authentic.

Note from the Team-BHP Support : Please note that it is now imperative for you to upload pictures directly to the Team-BHP Server. Click here (Uploading photographs directly to Team-BHP) to view our simple help article on uploading pictures.

Last edited by Technocrat : 21st October 2009 at 20:38. Reason: Please read the note in your post, thanks
Old 21st October 2009, 21:02   #208
Senior - BHPian

1) Have a loot at the steering below in the image. We are able to see a very little of the top part of manufacturer logo.

Here the logo on the steering is clearly not of Suzuki. What we can see is a chrome part and red color below it. Certainly not Suzuki's logo that is nothing but a big stylish S.

Even though the images might be true, mostly IMHO they are fake images due to the logo being different. Also the dials look like they are on a hatch.

2) Also notice the lighting stalks at left and wiper stalks at right. This is not the setup available in Maurti cars. IIRC, SX4 never had this inverse setup.
Maruti cars manufactured in India always have lighting stalks at right and wiper stalks on left.

Do you think that the top part of logo happens to be Suzuki or Maruti Logo ? IMO, NO.
Maruti Halts SX4 production for Engine change !!-sx4-steering.jpg

Last edited by aaggoswami : 21st October 2009 at 21:04.
Old 21st October 2009, 21:10   #209
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
1) Have a loot at the steering below in the image. We are able to see a very little of the top part of manufacturer logo.

Here the logo on the steering is clearly not of Suzuki. What we can see is a chrome part and red color below it. Certainly not Suzuki's logo that is nothing but a big stylish S.

Even though the images might be true, mostly IMHO they are fake images due to the logo being different. Also the dials look like they are on a hatch.

2) Also notice the lighting stalks at left and wiper stalks at right. This is not the setup available in Maurti cars. IIRC, SX4 never had this inverse setup.
Maruti cars manufactured in India always have lighting stalks at right and wiper stalks on left.

Do you think that the top part of logo happens to be Suzuki or Maruti Logo ? IMO, NO.
Attachment 213544
the logo is obviously that of FIAT and the pictures of the car is the rechristened FIAT sedici..
Old 21st October 2009, 21:11   #210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atul13 View Post
Posting some pictures of the new SX4.
Got these at Autocar India Forums: SX4 SOON IN SHOWROOMS

I am not sure if these are authentic.
I think the first photo is of FIAT car, of LINEA or PUNTO and certainly not of SX4.

And regarding the third photo the seats of SX4 in the middle would have a retraceable handrest similar to that found in ANHC. One can't see that in the photo. Probably SX4 may not be having this just a thought.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks