Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2009, 18:00   #106
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikanths1 View Post
Slightly off topic - I think the minor changes hinted for SX4 seems to have major impact on sales point. One of my collegue who had looked at SX4 a week ago got a call from a dealer today who was offering discounts upto 45K on the current model if he books it today or tomorrow !!
My suggestion, if you're friend is keen to buy the old SX4 then he should buy when the new one is out (if stock is left). Then more heavy discounts.
Old 29th September 2009, 18:24   #107
BHPian

There goes the resale value of my 2007 ZXi :(
Old 29th September 2009, 18:24   #108
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikanths1 View Post
Slightly off topic - I think the minor changes hinted for SX4 seems to have major impact on sales point. One of my collegue who had looked at SX4 a week ago got a call from a dealer today who was offering discounts upto 45K on the current model if he books it today or tomorrow !!
Two weeks back, a Bangalore Maruti dealership offered me a massive discount of Rs 62.5 k comprising customer discount: 30 k, coporate discount: 7.5 k and exchange/loyalty bonus: 25 k for my Versa [2004]. They offered a good price for my Versa, too. They did not have the colour of my choice. After two TD, my quest for SX4 ended.

Old 30th September 2009, 00:21   #109
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maglev View Post
Guys I spotted a white SX4 with a HR registration. Near ber-sarai, Delhi on friday (25-Sept-2009).

The car did not have the Maruti Suzuki badge instead just the Suzuki S logo and SX4 on the trunk lid. There were NO VVT or DDIS badges on the front fendors and the trunk did not have the key cylinder for opening the trunk.

It was shod with asymetrical tires on multi spoke alloys similar to the previous generation Accord V6.

The rear light was the same as the SX4 sold in the US. Only difference a tiny Reflector in the corner clearly visible in the rear quarter angle.

It had black / grey interiors and the same audio system as the American SX4 the one which comes with twin rotary knobs on either side.

The most shocking part is that it had the same grill as the current SX4 but infact a big BUT, it had projector headlamps the ones found on the Japanese Spec.

OT: Feeling a bit bad after spotting this one as I bought an SX4 in June 2009. I knew that an upgrade was in the pipeline but within 3 months of my purchase.
I doubt SX4 is going to come with a projectot headlamp as we dont [i believe] have projector headlamps in any of its competition!
Old 30th September 2009, 01:10   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I doubt SX4 is going to come with a projectot headlamp as we dont [i believe] have projector headlamps in any of its competition!
Well, there's a first for everything. SX4 was the first to offer ABS/airbags in its class (in ZXI variant) so why not this?
Old 30th September 2009, 01:32   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by highsteem View Post
I for one liked the car because it re-wrote few equations in terms of safety aspects in its segment and beyond. I eagerly look forward to 6 air bags along with all these modifications. Lets wait and see if SX4 can once again raise the bar.
It sure did raise the bar! Really looking forward to the relaunch.
Old 30th September 2009, 04:02   #112
BHPian

just got this info from the web that sx4 is gonna have a facelift and will come with 1.6 ltr VVTi engine. with more power definitely. i am guessing it will be at least at par with Honda city in terms of power of more than that. torque fig of 17-18 kgm are being talked about. which only means more power.

they also have the 2.0 litre ddis engine for 2010 for international markets. dunno if they are capable of launching the diesel. here lolz. god forbid if they came out with VGT 1.3 ltr 90 bhp diesel. fiat sales will go down then.

boy oh boy things will change if this goes down as i imagine.

the us spec version has the sedan as the sport model with 17 inch alloys.

they launched it with 16"s. how about a facelift with those 17"s. wishful thinking i know
Old 30th September 2009, 08:34   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramelo View Post
just got this info from the web that sx4 is gonna have a facelift and will come with 1.6 ltr VVTi engine. with more power definitely. i am guessing it will be at least at par with Honda city in terms of power of more than that. torque fig of 17-18 kgm are being talked about. which only means more power.

they also have the 2.0 litre ddis engine for 2010 for international markets. dunno if they are capable of launching the diesel. here lolz. god forbid if they came out with VGT 1.3 ltr 90 bhp diesel. fiat sales will go down then.
1) It cannot be in league of Honda City. If they plan to come up with the M16 from Swift Sports, then may be its possible considering that even the Ritz petrol has a higher compression ratio. The Swift Sports has 125 bhp motor. Even I expected the same motor with around 120 bhp to take fight to G3HC. But most probably they are now coming up with 106-107 bhp version of M16. In UK, the engine does not produce 16-17 kgm of torque, but its possible that for India they do alter the engine a bit.

2) About diesel, no doubt Fiat is delaying and hence we are not able to get SX4 diesel. I wish Suzuki can put in that 1560cc peugeot diesel in SX4 with VGT that will develop close to around 110 bhp.
Old 30th September 2009, 10:11   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
2) About diesel, no doubt Fiat is delaying and hence we are not able to get SX4 diesel. I wish Suzuki can put in that 1560cc peugeot diesel in SX4 with VGT that will develop close to around 110 bhp.
Peugeot Diesel Engine seems to be more probable, as FIAT is reluctant to give the engine for the SX4.

It seems logical on FIAT's part, as there are rumours of a Linea 1.6 MJD, they wont be allowing Maruti to have the engine, as the SX4 Diesel with FIAT engine will drastically affect the Linea.
Old 30th September 2009, 20:31   #115
Distinguished - BHPian

If Maruti brings in a brilliant Diesel Engine, it will sure heat up the competition. I believe the earlier Esteem & Zen D were Peugot diesel engines. Were there problems with those engines in long run? I have heard that they used to be brilliant fuel efficient.
Old 30th September 2009, 21:39   #116
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

HI Guys..

i could get sum pics of the upgrade.... a new bumper and the black out effect on the lower ends of the front and rear bumper... with a slight change in the interiors.. with woody trim...diesel engine looks highly unlikely though :(
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Halts SX4 production for Engine change !!-u_5063179722348.jpg  

Maruti Halts SX4 production for Engine change !!-u_5063599666045.jpg  

Maruti Halts SX4 production for Engine change !!-u_5063953282291.jpg  

Old 30th September 2009, 21:53   #117
BHPian

OT: I dunno if they were fuel-efficient or not.
But I was driving an NHC on a highway at 100kmph, this chap in a zen-D just overtook and blazed away ahead of me.
I thought that zen-D engine was really powerful or he had done some mods on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I believe the earlier Esteem & Zen D were Peugot diesel engines. Were there problems with those engines in long run? I have heard that they used to be brilliant fuel efficient.
Old 30th September 2009, 22:44   #118
SLK
Senior - BHPian

TUD5 was the engine. It was 57bhp I think. Long term problems? NONE.

Fuel economical? VERY, as much as today's DDIS.

Drivability? Required too much effort.

NHC is better? Any day.
Old 30th September 2009, 22:49   #119

they are face lifting the SX4 and will be in market with diesel engine too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by emkay456 View Post
Just came across a newsreport at :
Maruti halts production of SX4 - Express India
Old 30th September 2009, 22:55   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo Head View Post
There goes the resale value of my 2007 ZXi :(
OT:

Do you say that because dealers are offering heavy discounts for this short period to clear stocks?

If yes, I don't think I agree with that view. Unless the discounts are permanent (offered for a long duration, that is), resale value of the cars bought without discount shouldn't be affected. But usually dealers who buy used cars are aware (I think they keep track of offers on each car model at different seasons) of the discounts during the purchase period of a particular car and will negotiate hard for the cars that were bought at that time of discount.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed