Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2009, 10:28   #76
BHPian

Are they going to launch with a 2.0L engine now?

By no means the SX4 can appeal the younger crowd here mainly because its not a sleek looking sedan.
Old 28th September 2009, 10:44   #77
BHPian

The production of the new SX4 (Petrol) has already started and is in full swing.
It is expected anytime around diwali.
Old 28th September 2009, 11:15   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2max6 View Post
The production of the new SX4 (Petrol) has already started and is in full swing.
It is expected anytime around diwali.
1) Who informed you this ? If possible do tell us the source.

2) What engine is this ? Atleast give some information on this like 1.6 M series or K series.

I am very eager to know the engine specifications. I think that if cars comes before diwali period, its good for Maurti as lots of booking are done before Diwali.
Old 28th September 2009, 13:59   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
I am very eager to know the engine specifications. I think that if cars comes before diwali period, its good for Maurti as lots of booking are done before Diwali.
the ET article on 25-Sep quoted Maruti re-launching the SX4 within a fortnight with a 1.6L engine. That should be bang on a few days before Diwali. Maruti is aiming to mop up the Diwali honours in this category.
Old 28th September 2009, 14:25   #80
BHPian

I visited Bimal Auto on Old Airport Road, Bangalore today to enquire about the SX4. I was pleasantly surprised to hear him say that Maruti is not shipping any SX4's as a facelift is expected sometime next month. They dont even have any test vehicles. The sales guy didnt know much on the changes though. He said that Maruti is tight lipped about and they have not been given much information on the facelift
Old 28th September 2009, 17:00   #81
BHPian

My first scope!!

Guys I spotted a white SX4 with a HR registration. Near ber-sarai, Delhi on friday (25-Sept-2009).

The car did not have the Maruti Suzuki badge instead just the Suzuki S logo and SX4 on the trunk lid. There were NO VVT or DDIS badges on the front fendors and the trunk did not have the key cylinder for opening the trunk.

It was shod with asymetrical tires on multi spoke alloys similar to the previous generation Accord V6.

The rear light was the same as the SX4 sold in the US. Only difference a tiny Reflector in the corner clearly visible in the rear quarter angle.

It had black / grey interiors and the same audio system as the American SX4 the one which comes with twin rotary knobs on either side.

The most shocking part is that it had the same grill as the current SX4 but infact a big BUT, it had projector headlamps the ones found on the Japanese Spec.

OT: Feeling a bit bad after spotting this one as I bought an SX4 in June 2009. I knew that an upgrade was in the pipeline but within 3 months of my purchase.
Old 29th September 2009, 00:23   #82
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Yes, even I heard something about sx4 being discontinued, but never believed that.

So finally its an upgrade/facelift.
Old 29th September 2009, 00:40   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
1) Who informed you this ? If possible do tell us the source.
// The source is very reliable .

2) What engine is this ? Atleast give some information on this like 1.6 M series or K series.
// As far as i was told its the same old engine with minor changes and VVT.

I am very eager to know the engine specifications.
// I'll see if i can manage to get it.
I think that if cars comes before diwali period, its good for Maurti as lots of booking are done before Diwali.

Projector Headlamps
Old 29th September 2009, 00:56   #84
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by maglev View Post
Guys I spotted a white SX4 with a HR registration. Near ber-sarai, Delhi on friday (25-Sept-2009).

The car did not have the Maruti Suzuki badge instead just the Suzuki S logo and SX4 on the trunk lid. There were NO VVT or DDIS badges on the front fendors and the trunk did not have the key cylinder for opening the trunk.

It was shod with asymetrical tires on multi spoke alloys similar to the previous generation Accord V6.

The rear light was the same as the SX4 sold in the US. Only difference a tiny Reflector in the corner clearly visible in the rear quarter angle.

It had black / grey interiors and the same audio system as the American SX4 the one which comes with twin rotary knobs on either side.

The most shocking part is that it had the same grill as the current SX4 but infact a big BUT, it had projector headlamps the ones found on the Japanese Spec.

OT: Feeling a bit bad after spotting this one as I bought an SX4 in June 2009. I knew that an upgrade was in the pipeline but within 3 months of my purchase.
I have a very strong feeling you spotted the Suzuki Kizashi Sedan and not the SX4. MarutiSuzuki might be running the Kizashi for testing and to fool the public they might have placed the SX4 badge as the car does have similar characteristics.

From your descriptions, it looks like the Kizashi most definitely.

2010 Suzuki Kizashi Sedan Officially Revealed - Photos
Old 29th September 2009, 01:25   #85
BHPian

SX4 is already a nice car with powerful engine and with the facelift it is going to be more better..Also an autobox would be a nice feature to crawl in the traffic..looking forward to more info from team-bhpians
Old 29th September 2009, 01:25   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
I have a very strong feeling you spotted the Suzuki Kizashi Sedan and not the SX4. MarutiSuzuki might be running the Kizashi for testing and to fool the public they might have placed the SX4 badge as the car does have similar characteristics.

From your descriptions, it looks like the Kizashi most definitely.

2010 Suzuki Kizashi Sedan Officially Revealed - Photos

Sir I very well know the difference' between the SX4 and the Kizashi sedan. I myself own the SX4.

That car was standing right next to me at the red light. Since I was alone in the car I was not able to click pictures as the lights changed and the driver took a right turn, I even followed the car for at least a Kilometer, before taking a u-turn as I was actually supposed to go in the opposite direction.

Last edited by maglev : 29th September 2009 at 01:27.
Old 29th September 2009, 09:50   #87
BHPian

May help who does not know what VVT will do in M Series engine in expected SX4
Variable valve timing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In net :VVT allows the cam timing to change, which results in greater efficiency and power, over a wider rev-range.

Last edited by aka_iitd : 29th September 2009 at 09:53.
Old 29th September 2009, 10:23   #88
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

2 days back read a Marathi newspaper with name "Mumbai times", there I saw a SX4 ad stating "Available in DSG and D options". I did not get it but then I thought does it has to do with Diesel and DSG kind of auto transmission? If I get the soft soft of that paper ad (which is unlikely) will post it here.
Old 29th September 2009, 10:26   #89
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka_iitd View Post
May help who does not know what VVT will do in M Series engine in expected SX4
Variable valve timing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In net :VVT allows the cam timing to change, which results in greater efficiency and power, over a wider rev-range.
An interesting read there on the wikipedia.

Quote:
Automotive use

Fiat was the first auto manufacturer to patent a functional automotive variable valve timing system which included variable lift. Developed by Giovanni Torazza in the late 1960s, the system used hydraulic pressure to vary the fulcrum of the cam followers (US Patent 3,641,988). The hydraulic pressure changed according to engine speed and intake pressure. The typical opening variation was 37%.
No wonder Fiat knows the technical know-how, but none about marketing their products successfully.

A case coming up soon on Fiat
Old 29th September 2009, 10:48   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
Guys,

2 days back read a Marathi newspaper with name "Mumbai times", there I saw a SX4 ad stating "Available in DSG and D options". I did not get it but then I thought does it has to do with Diesel and DSG kind of auto transmission? If I get the soft soft of that paper ad (which is unlikely) will post it here.
It has nothing to with the DSG gearbox.
Its somesort of contract basis , i dont know exactly.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed