Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2009, 10:55   #91
Team-BHP Support

The SX4 Cross over.
Debut at the Frankfurt motor show.

Not sure if will come to India. Would love to have it.

Suzuki Auto / SX4 Crossover
Old 29th September 2009, 10:57   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2max6 View Post
It has nothing to with the DSG gearbox.
Its somesort of contract basis , i dont know exactly.
I think it is for Armed forces or now listed as one of the cars that our govt officers can buy.
Old 29th September 2009, 11:06   #93
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
Guys,

2 days back read a Marathi newspaper with name "Mumbai times", there I saw a SX4 ad stating "Available in DSG and D options". I did not get it but then I thought does it has to do with Diesel and DSG kind of auto transmission? If I get the soft soft of that paper ad (which is unlikely) will post it here.
It should be DGS&D, i.e., Directorate General Supplies & Disposal, Government of India. DGS&D rate contract enables government departments/PSUs procure the specified item at the specified rate without calling for tenders/quotations.

Old 29th September 2009, 11:22   #94
BANNED

Someone mentioned here that when relaunched, SX4 prices may be revised upwards substantially. Can this also be a move to increase prices of highly successful DZire subsequently? With a long waiting period, unbeatable value proposition in its segment & being the king in its segment, DZire can afford to have a slight price rise. MUL may also be looking at milking the cash cow now when DZire is rulling the roost
Old 29th September 2009, 11:28   #95
Senior - BHPian

I meta few guys(non Auto enthusiasts) over the weekend & I was amazed that almost all of them are under impression that SX4 is discontinued. Every said that they read that SX4's production has been halted but none knew that it was for launching an upgrade.
Old 29th September 2009, 11:37   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
Guys,

2 days back read a Marathi newspaper with name "Mumbai times", there I saw a SX4 ad stating "Available in DSG and D options". I did not get it but then I thought does it has to do with Diesel and DSG kind of auto transmission? If I get the soft soft of that paper ad (which is unlikely) will post it here.

DGS&D is a govrrment of India rate contract. Govt departments can products tru DGS&D ( Director Gen Supplies and Disposal) without going in for a tender.
Old 29th September 2009, 12:33   #97
BANNED

Source:http://***************.com/2009/09/n...-distance-away

"Maruti will relaunch the Suzuki SX4 with a new 1.6-liter 106 bhp petrol engine that meets the Bharat Stage-IV standards. That makes it just 8 bhp short of the all-new Honda City. Torque would be between 165-175 Nm.

The 106 bhp SX4 will also be offered with an automatic transmission during the upcoming Diwali festive season. Automatic transmission are beginning to gain popularity in India. Automatics are not preferred by many car buyers in India, but in the premium models, it is compulsory to have one variant of late.

The new Suzuki SX4 will don a slightly revised front grill among many other changes. Its interiors will also be tweaked a little."
Old 29th September 2009, 13:05   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Source:http://***************.com/2009/09/n...-distance-away

"Maruti will relaunch the Suzuki SX4 with a new 1.6-liter 106 bhp petrol engine that meets the Bharat Stage-IV standards. That makes it just 8 bhp short of the all-new Honda City. Torque would be between 165-175 Nm.

The 106 bhp SX4 will also be offered with an automatic transmission during the upcoming Diwali festive season. Automatic transmission are beginning to gain popularity in India. Automatics are not preferred by many car buyers in India, but in the premium models, it is compulsory to have one variant of late.

The new Suzuki SX4 will don a slightly revised front grill among many other changes. Its interiors will also be tweaked a little."
If you add a green cotton storm or K&N performance filter to teh existing sx4, you will get similar figures if you assume a 5% power boost, which the filter companies claim. The BHP would be around 107 and torque around 152nm....plus, the lower end response would improve as well.

Just a thought....I am waiting for the first year to get over in my SX4 before doing these mods.
Old 29th September 2009, 15:15   #99
VBV
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
If you add a green cotton storm or K&N performance filter to teh existing sx4, you will get similar figures if you assume a 5% power boost, which the filter companies claim. The BHP would be around 107 and torque around 152nm....plus, the lower end response would improve as well.

Just a thought....I am waiting for the first year to get over in my SX4 before doing these mods.
Is there a known K&N filter for SX4? The last time I inquired, I was told there is no filter that can fit or is tested with SX4. There is a crude fix of a Baleno filter into SX4, but I was advised against it.
Old 29th September 2009, 15:46   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBV View Post
Is there a known K&N filter for SX4? The last time I inquired, I was told there is no filter that can fit or is tested with SX4. There is a crude fix of a Baleno filter into SX4, but I was advised against it.

here it is:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ilter-sx4.html
Old 29th September 2009, 16:21   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBV View Post
A stock replacement filter will always be a challenge unless you get the correct one. However if I were you I wouldn't mind spending that extra thousand and get myself a conical intake with the piping work done.
Am sure you could easily fit in the typhoon series/conical intake from the K&N without much of a hassle.
Old 29th September 2009, 16:30   #102
BHPian

I am really happy that this news has re-ignited our interests in SX4 . I for one liked the car because it re-wrote few equations in terms of safety aspects in its segment and beyond. I eagerly look forward to 6 air bags along with all these modifications. Lets wait and see if SX4 can once again raise the bar.
Old 29th September 2009, 17:26   #103
BANNED

Slightly off topic - I think the minor changes hinted for SX4 seems to have major impact on sales point. One of my collegue who had looked at SX4 a week ago got a call from a dealer today who was offering discounts upto 45K on the current model if he books it today or tomorrow !!
Old 29th September 2009, 17:29   #104
VBV
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
A stock replacement filter will always be a challenge unless you get the correct one. However if I were you I wouldn't mind spending that extra thousand and get myself a conical intake with the piping work done.
Am sure you could easily fit in the typhoon series/conical intake from the K&N without much of a hassle.
Makes sense, will try it in my next pit stop.
Old 29th September 2009, 17:56   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
It should be DGS&D, i.e., Directorate General Supplies & Disposal, Government of India. DGS&D rate contract enables government departments/PSUs procure the specified item at the specified rate without calling for tenders/quotations.
and then I was thinking about VW taking stake in Maruti and all
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks