Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2009, 22:33   #136
BHPian

If Maruti brings in an automatic in both the diesel and petrol variants then the competition would get a very very serious blow.
Old 5th October 2009, 23:13   #137
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarvodaya View Post
Vicky.In has reported the launch of automatic version of SX4 on October 12.

Maruti will launch the new facelifted SX4 and an automatic variant of SX4 on October 12th.The SX4 will come with a refreshed face and a new Bharat IV compliant engine. * SX4 gets a new front grille
* SX4’s new Bharat IV compliant engine comes with advanced VVTi
* SX4 gets an 5-speed automatic transmission
* Power ratings of SX4 revised upwards by 2bhp (approximately)
* Torque ratings are also revised upwards by 2Nm (approximately)
* Mileage / Fuel Efficiency of manual variant of SX4 remains at 15.5kmpl and the automatic variant of SX4 would return 12.5kmpl (ARAI).
* Interiors remains grey (no dual tone) but are now well laid out

SOURCE : Maruti to launch SX4 Automatic on October 12 | Vicky.in | Indian Automobile Blog | Car Reviews | Bike Reviews | Test Drive Reports | Pictures | Videos
A fortnight of stalled production for a upward revision of a mere 2bhp/2Nm, no changes in interior & a fresh grill.

Are they nuts !!!
Old 6th October 2009, 08:00   #138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikanths1 View Post
A fortnight of stalled production for a upward revision of a mere 2bhp/2Nm, no changes in interior & a fresh grill.

Are they nuts !!!
1) This was done only for E-IV engine and not uprating the power and torque figures. Hence they stopped production for around 15 days. Plus the exterior also gets minor update.

2) Lets forget about how much power has gone up. My own estimate of around 5-6 bhp are laid waste. IMHO, these M series cannot be made to work at higher specific outputs in India, I dont know why. But the improvement should be there in power delivery. Till around 2K rpm, the car is not that responsive, from 2.5k-5K rpm, there is good torque available. Now with VVTi, the engine must get more responsive than earlier below 2K rpm. Thats all we can hope now.
Old 6th October 2009, 09:56   #139
BHPian

Any pics of the facelifted SX4? Where is the king of scoops?

A VVTi engine, supposedly better low end response, 5 speed auto - the changes seem interesting. I wonder what changes they've made to the interiors. I can bet there is a change in the ICE - USB/Ipod connectivity comes standard on almost all new cars.

Last edited by CBlazer : 6th October 2009 at 09:57.
Old 6th October 2009, 10:20   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikanths1 View Post
The M16A with the VVT head puts out 125 BHP in the Swift Sport, Suzuki & Maruti appear to have opted for fuel efficiency over outright performance when it comes to the "new" SX4. Tuning the M16A in its new avatar should be relatively easy as performance parts are available for it from many vendors (TSD have a 1.9 kit for this engine & Group-N rally parts are available aplenty online). I do agree though that for the average car buyer the changes might not appear to be of significance, but the enthusiast would disagree...

Last edited by im_srini : 6th October 2009 at 10:23.
Old 6th October 2009, 11:05   #141
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by im_srini View Post
The M16A with the VVT head puts out 125 BHP in the Swift Sport, Suzuki & Maruti appear to have opted for fuel efficiency over outright performance when it comes to the "new" SX4. Tuning the M16A in its new avatar should be relatively easy as performance parts are available for it from many vendors (TSD have a 1.9 kit for this engine & Group-N rally parts are available aplenty online). I do agree though that for the average car buyer the changes might not appear to be of significance, but the enthusiast would disagree...
That's always the case in India, Honda did the something with it OHC, VTEC.
But tuning this engine will be fun, hope maruti keeps the prices sensible, and do not charge a 1lca of perineum over the older model.

Now , The REAL MEN ARE BACK

Last edited by dinar : 6th October 2009 at 11:06.
Old 7th October 2009, 13:11   #142
BHPian

The relaunch is on October 13.
"The production of SX4 has been discontinued since a few days. We will now relaunch the vehicle on October 13 to take advantage of the spurt in car purchase ahead of Diwali," a company official said.
Maruti Suzuki to relaunch SX4 - dnaindia.com
Old 7th October 2009, 22:28   #143

SX4 Diesel

its confirm news, SX4 diesel virsion is going to be lanched soon.
also Wagon-R is also going to be lanched with new facelift.
Old 7th October 2009, 23:56   #144
BHPian

@yeshwant. are u sure?
more details please ... is it 1.3 or 1.6 engine?
Old 8th October 2009, 00:25   #145
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeshwant View Post
its confirm news, SX4 diesel virsion is going to be lanched soon.
also Wagon-R is also going to be lanched with new facelift.
Dude you got to be kidding me ... what is the source of the information ? And what engine Fiat or Peugeot, any idea...
Old 8th October 2009, 08:58   #146
Senior - BHPian

A friend of mine who works for Maruti at Chennai sent word that the diesel version will be using the 1.3MJD national engine with a 0-100 somewhere around the 16sec mark.

Ugh.
Old 8th October 2009, 14:05   #147
BHPian

SX4 up for grabs with huge discount ?

My cousin who works as HR manager for a leading Maruti Dealership in central kerala was telling that SX4 is available for a huge discount of 80K in their showroom. Seems, too much frantic effort to clear the stocks.
Old 8th October 2009, 14:17   #148
BHPian

Looks like maruti couldn't get Fiat to give them the 1.6MJD.
So they ended up using the 1.3 which they currently have access to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
A friend of mine who works for Maruti at Chennai sent word that the diesel version will be using the 1.3MJD national engine with a 0-100 somewhere around the 16sec mark.

Ugh.
Old 8th October 2009, 15:25   #149
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller View Post
Looks like maruti couldn't get Fiat to give them the 1.6MJD. So they ended up using the 1.3 which they currently have access to.
It would be a disaster in terms of performance if Maruti uses the 1.3MJD in SX4. But it will not stop Maruti selling the Diesel SX4 like hot cakes. The main competitors will be the Diesel models of Linea, Verna, Fiesta, DZire and the Petrol SX4 and ANHC!

Anyway, Maruti can later launch a new updated version, if the 1.6 / 1.9 / 2.0 ltr Diesel engine is available from Fiat.
Old 8th October 2009, 17:02   #150
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
But it will not stop Maruti selling the Diesel SX4 like hot cakes

I slightly beg to disagree here... If SX4 comes with 1.3MJD what difference does it make from the Dezire. I may be wrong but am skeptical that people would be ready to shell a couple of lakhs more just for the SX4 chassis or a slightly uptuned 1.3MJD. Maruthi would make a huge mistake if they bring in the 1.3MJD SX4 cause the competition is just to hot there. They already have Desire from their own stable, the upcoming manza and Linea have the same engine the former being cheaper and the later way better in many ways (style, interior, etc)... To top it you have the performing verna and a good all rounder in Fista D (who knows come april you might have an 1.6D) in the same price bracket. That leave very little playing field if any for an 1.3MJD SX4. They may sell some units initially but am sure it will loose fizz within a couple of months. IMHO it would be a bad decision by maruthi to plonk an 1.3MJD under the SX4's hood. I still dont understand what stops them sourcing engine from Peugeot

Last edited by srikanths1 : 8th October 2009 at 17:04.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed