Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2009, 21:45   #241
BHPian

But for the VVT engine and the AT, this looks like the Santro upgrade. There seems to be no change in the interiors. The old alloys look much better than these. I expected more from Maruti
Old 22nd October 2009, 23:18   #242
BHPian

It has the same pattern alloys as the Ritz Zxi, However, SX4 appears to be 15 inch? The Ritz has 14 inch.
Old 22nd October 2009, 23:43   #243
BHPian

I think the earlier Zxi had 16 inch alloys. Hope they havent reduced the size of it to 15 inch. I hope they dont charge a bomb in comparison to the previous Zxi.
Old 23rd October 2009, 01:36   #244
Senior - BHPian

Finally, after a long wait it has been re-launched.

IMO the older alloys looked much better and gave the car a sportier stance.

Is the auto gearbox 4 speed or 5 speed??
Old 23rd October 2009, 08:11   #245
BHPian

I bought a black SX4 Zxi last month and was waiting what changes they make.

Am sure the VVT would make a difference but I hate the alloy design now.

The earlier 5 spoke ones look so so so sporty.This looks more like the Vxi.

Eagerly waiting for the feedback of the engine.
Old 23rd October 2009, 08:13   #246
Senior - BHPian

hey PSI,

I am sure must have soaked enough in your car, so how about a little more details and pics

Honestly they have messed up with the interior big time, looks like half finish business, Door hand rest in wooden and central console is still old, at-least they should have improved the central console, and quality, other than that everything else was already good.

And worst, they still kept the AUX in same position, so wires will still be hanging around, Learn for Honda

Front grill looks much better, alloy are definitely not better than the 5 spoke one, but still not bad, it has a different look, but not sporty. Two tone interior is also good, better than dark grey/beige.

And they have not at all learned from mistakes, look at the central console lower end and gear panel, its still mis aligned

VVT and Auto is the most welcome additions, though I never cared about auto, many other will.

Last edited by rkbharat : 23rd October 2009 at 08:21.
Old 23rd October 2009, 09:16   #247
BHPian

Official SX4 website still not updated today morning. How does one come to know the specs!
Old 23rd October 2009, 09:42   #248
Senior - BHPian

I guess the vehicle is getting launched today. only after the launch the website will be updated and we will come to know of the specs and prices.

thanks PSI for posting the pics, the gear lever looks like Scorpio Automatic.

Hope MASS is geared up to work on AT boxes.
Old 23rd October 2009, 10:34   #249
Senior - BHPian

the wooden strip on the door looks really tacky! Apart from that there seems to be no change to the interiors.

I like the new alloy design. it should make the car look a little less heavy side on.
Old 23rd October 2009, 12:13   #250
BHPian

The Wooden Interior Trim, grill, VVTi & Auto-box are worthy additions,

Interior Colour scheme is subjective, some may like it some may not,
but it will get soiled easily.

Alloys look a lot like the Linea Hub caps / alloys, not sporty but seems as if Suzuki is playing safe.

@ PSI : Can you confirm the presence of the USB port & if possible post pics of the same. Also are there any changes to the rear end of the car??
Old 23rd October 2009, 12:15   #251
BHPian

I called DD Motors(auth Maruti Dealer) in Delhi and they say it'll take a week for launch. Are they fooling us or themselves ?
Old 23rd October 2009, 12:21   #252
BHPian

to the VVT and the Auto. Finally Maruti realizes and wakes up to the AT generation.

to no Diesel.

Thanks for the details. Looks a good upgrade so far (by Maruti standards).
Can you pl provide the Ex Showroom / OTR cost ?

The CITY better watch out.
Old 23rd October 2009, 12:28   #253
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigbarai View Post
Looks a good upgrade so far (by Maruti standards).
The CITY better watch out.
These changes will not - and are not sufficient to - make the City scared. Bring the 1.6 Diesel, MAN (among the cars)!
Old 23rd October 2009, 12:47   #254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
These changes will not - and are not sufficient to - make the City scared. Bring the 1.6 Diesel, MAN (among the cars)!
If priced well, which I suppose they will.
With say a close to 2 L difference for the similiar spec'd AT version, they are sure to take away many 'VFM-looking' CITY customers.

Edit: Does the thread title need a change ( now that we have details and pics ? )

Last edited by jigbarai : 23rd October 2009 at 12:57. Reason: added note / request
Old 23rd October 2009, 13:12   #255
BHPian

I was actually expecting a lot more from MSIL regarding SX4 update. I have also liked SX4 for its tall stance and airy interiors.

But, this update steers me to think that probably MSIL have given up on this otherwise very capable car.

The wood lining on the door is minimal. They could have got some more wood to accent the dashboard and maybe replace metal lining near audio console with wood if they absolutely had to use wood in the car.

10 spoke alloys are dull. Dont, get me wrong as some of you may like them but, is it really an UPDATE? I mean this is something they could have just changed in regular production. Same with the bumper upgrade.

IMHO, MSIL have brought these minor 'updates' just to bring the Indian version in line with versions released abroad and therefore provide consistency in production since Indian has become manufacturing hub for Suzuki vehicles.

Which means that this is more of a convenience update for MSIL rather than customers...A major Disappointment!

What could have been a good boost for now already competitive segment (Linea, ANHC, Verna, Fiesta), is just a dull and sordid update that would lack the edge in this segment.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks