Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2010, 14:56   #181
BHPian

Website of Maruti Swift now seems to be updated.

Only main page is updated. no information on new engine either in specification or brochure.

Last edited by rutvij : 20th January 2010 at 15:03.
Old 20th January 2010, 16:50   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohandas View Post
Now, how about this:
indigo CS GLS -> OTR in Hyd 3.90 lacs
Dzire Lxi -> OTR in hyd 5.4 lacs
That's why it is funny.
5.4 and 3.90, a big difference IMO. Something funny in this price bracket of 4L would not only be amusing, but interesting as well. I personally feel the Indigo CS is a better buy than the Dzire. But one note worthy feature of the Dzire is its motor as compared to Indigo's (petrol). May be that's why this huge difference.
Old 20th January 2010, 19:18   #183
BHPian

Can anyone tell me how good or bad this K Series 1.2 liter DOHC engine is for modifications ? Especially for Turbo Charging ?
Old 20th January 2010, 21:49   #184
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil.Bhujbal View Post
Can anyone tell me how good or bad this K Series 1.2 liter DOHC engine is for modifications ? Especially for Turbo Charging ?
To the best of my knowledge, most of the engines are rated at around 65-70%. So any engine is good enough for around 10-15% more power than stock. So turbo without higher boost will not be bad IMO. However, all this is what I have read and I have not tried this practically.

And people did try to install turbo in G13 and also on M16 in SX4. So you can try this on K series, but not for very high power.

Last edited by aaggoswami : 20th January 2010 at 21:50.
Old 21st January 2010, 12:56   #185
BANNED

The Swift website is now updated with the details of the 1.2L K-series engine. The Diesel version is still BS-III.

And now, the 'performing hatch' Swift and 'family sedan' DZire with the 1.2L engine, what will go to Gypsy? The same 1.2L engine? AT least a VVT please, Maruti.

Last edited by romeomidhun : 21st January 2010 at 13:01.
Old 21st January 2010, 14:06   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post

And now, the 'performing hatch' Swift and 'family sedan' DZire with the 1.2L engine, what will go to Gypsy? The same 1.2L engine? AT least a VVT please, Maruti.
How about giving it a DDIS treatment?
Old 21st January 2010, 15:01   #187
BHPian

Quiet Launch

such a quiet launch, especially for the most desirable hatch under 6L and advanced K-series engine which we know MSIL won't spare anything to advertise. why? I will watching Ritz sales over the next months as the news spreads out.

Avenger
Old 21st January 2010, 15:57   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
The Swift website is now updated with the details of the 1.2L K-series engine. The Diesel version is still BS-III.

The website is still not updated. www.marutiswift.com. I don't know why maruti is not advertising. This is one the most waited upgrade people were looking for.

They have updated only prices in maruti swift website. There is no colors sections either. Damn, i wanted to know what are the colors available.
Old 21st January 2010, 16:39   #189
BANNED

One should be able to safely get 10-15% more power by just reprogramming the ECU. Now with all petrol 91RON (and hopefully 95RON on Premium) from April it should be possible to run the European maps and get 10% or so extra easily.
Old 21st January 2010, 16:40   #190
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
such a quiet launch, especially for the most desirable hatch under 6L and advanced K-series engine which we know MSIL won't spare anything to advertise. why? I will watching Ritz sales over the next months as the news spreads out.
The reason is simple: Maruti don't like to see any shift in the current sales levels of Swift. They don't like either to lose any Swift sale because of the non-availability old 1.3L engine, or to gain any Swift sale (from Ritz) because of the fuel-efficient K-Series engine.

They may just like to see the current sales levels of Swift and Ritz to continue as it is. A significant shift from Ritz to Swift may affect their delivery time.

Last edited by romeomidhun : 21st January 2010 at 16:44.
Old 21st January 2010, 17:19   #191
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by BhaskarKumar View Post
The website is still not updated. www.marutiswift.com. I don't know why maruti is not advertising. This is one the most waited upgrade people were looking for.

They have updated only prices in maruti swift website. There is no colors sections either. Damn, i wanted to know what are the colors available.
Yes, now the site is reverted back to old engine details. But it was showing the engine capacity as 1197CC today morning. Don't know what happens there.
Old 21st January 2010, 17:34   #192
Senior - BHPian

There can be a significant shift from Ritz Petrol to Swift Petrol owing to this new change. Let see it in coming months sales figures.

I also expect some rationalization of Ritz prices to compete with the new competition & stable mate Swift itself.
Old 21st January 2010, 18:00   #193
BHPian

you know what they don't wanna jinx it!. beleive me half the populations buying a maruti don't even look at engine specs. power in details. they look at the price. mileage looks and company. also A.S.S thats it! not everyone is a bhpian
Old 21st January 2010, 18:08   #194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramelo View Post
you know what they don't wanna jinx it!. beleive me half the populations buying a maruti don't even look at engine specs. power in details. they look at the price. mileage looks and company. also A.S.S thats it! not everyone is a bhpian
+ 1, not everyone is a BHPian
Old 21st January 2010, 18:25   #195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramelo View Post
you know what they don't wanna jinx it!. beleive me half the populations buying a maruti don't even look at engine specs. power in details.
The reason is faith in the brand.It takes years together to achieve that. They gave us G series before this, could you please let me know a better option in same price bracket ? People also know if MSIL is giving another engine than definitely it is better than the previous. Look at the glass half full.

Most Viewed