Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th February 2010, 10:58   #376
BHPian

OT, but are there any changes to the engine tuning in the Swift DDiS for the BS IV norms too?

Or is it just the petrol version that has a new engine?
Old 11th February 2010, 12:48   #377
BHPian

No,till what i have heard and read there are no changes done to the swift DDiS engine.

Its just the petrol one which has got a new engine.
Old 11th February 2010, 14:23   #378
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil.Bhujbal View Post
No,till what i have heard and read there are no changes done to the swift DDiS engine.

Its just the petrol one which has got a new engine.
As per my knowledge, all the engine types should be BS IV compliant by 1st April. So Maruti for sure would tweak DDiS engine.
Old 11th February 2010, 15:22   #379
BHPian

Request GTO to please post a detailed test drive for the Swift K-series! really want to know how much has the performance changed.
Old 11th February 2010, 15:23   #380
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BhaskarKumar View Post
As per my knowledge, all the engine types should be BS IV compliant by 1st April. So Maruti for sure would tweak DDiS engine.
I agree. If Honda tweaks its Dio to be BS IV compliant even Maruti has to do it.

What i meant was they haven't done it yet & the Swift website still mention Swift DDiS as BS III compliant.

Last edited by Neil.Bhujbal : 11th February 2010 at 15:25.
Old 12th February 2010, 13:04   #381
BHPian

New Swift (K-series) Test Drive | Autocar India
Old 13th February 2010, 03:57   #382

Hi All,

I got the delivery of the car today. There are no cosmetic changes in the Zxi besides the buttons on the steering wheel being illuminated.

Driving - I used to drive my uncles Swift 1.3 regularly, according to me - the engine is more refined and the ride more spirited, the engine feels more nimble is how I'd like to put it. The gear ratios are definitely more suited for city driving.

I also plan to put in extended bumpers and a spoiler (ext. bumpers for 7.5k and the spoiler for 1.8k is the quote I have recd.) Will update soon in the short term ownership thread, planning to clock some serious miles on it I would be happy to answer any specific questions...
Old 13th February 2010, 11:41   #383
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kashishd View Post
Hi All,

I got the delivery of the car today. There are no cosmetic changes in the Zxi besides the buttons on the steering wheel being illuminated.

Driving - I used to drive my uncles Swift 1.3 regularly, according to me - the engine is more refined and the ride more spirited, the engine feels more nimble is how I'd like to put it. The gear ratios are definitely more suited for city driving.

I also plan to put in extended bumpers and a spoiler (ext. bumpers for 7.5k and the spoiler for 1.8k is the quote I have recd.) Will update soon in the short term ownership thread, planning to clock some serious miles on it I would be happy to answer any specific questions...
Hey Kashishd, Congratulations on your K Series Swift.
I am looking forward to your short term ownership report.
Do you feel any changes in the suspension like ACI mentioned ?

Last edited by Neil.Bhujbal : 13th February 2010 at 11:43.
Old 13th February 2010, 11:52   #384
BHPian

@kashishd: Congrats for your new car!

Even my questions remains the same.
1) How is the suspension and the ride quality. Are there any changes you feel on the ride, handling, dynamics?
2) Build quality? I guess many, just like me, would be waiting to hear this. Maruti increased the quality in Ritz. Does the new Swift have a better or I must say 'solid' feel. Or Its just the same?

- Thanks
Old 13th February 2010, 14:42   #385
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your new car!!!

Ya i would also be interested the answer to these questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vibhanshu View Post
@kashishd: Congrats for your new car!

Even my questions remains the same.
1) How is the suspension and the ride quality. Are there any changes you feel on the ride, handling, dynamics?
2) Build quality? I guess many, just like me, would be waiting to hear this. Maruti increased the quality in Ritz. Does the new Swift have a better or I must say 'solid' feel. Or Its just the same?

- Thanks
Old 13th February 2010, 21:19   #386
BHPian

Attached are snaps of the new K12M Swift's (hopefully K12M since I've paid for it with that notion, though am yet to take delivery) front and rear seats (blame the poor quality on my cam phone):

Is the seat/fabric/lining or whatever you catches your eye, distinguishably different from the old 1.3L Swift ? The engine bay looked similar to the one posted by SidIndica in his new K-series Swift thread (Gracias !), and the month/year of manufacture is AA which I believe is Jan 2010.
Attached Thumbnails
Swift with the K series engine? Update: Launched.-swift_front.jpg  

Swift with the K series engine? Update: Launched.-swift_rear.jpg  

Old 13th February 2010, 22:08   #387
BHPian

Congrats on the new car ! Hoping to see some initial ownership reports on it.
Would like to know how the ride quality is ? Hope Maruti guys have worked on the suspension.
Old 13th February 2010, 23:17   #388
BHPian

Conoco, Congrats! Thats Lxi model right? I dont see any changes in the interiors from the old ones.
Old 14th February 2010, 12:09   #389
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Kashishd & Conoco for your new cars.

The new K-series is definitely better than the older G-series by miles in refinement & with little softer suspension, ideal for small families.

Maruti has come a long way from their rev happy older engines to smooth operators with fantastic ride confort. But space utilization on the chassis can be much better with them.

Happy Driving
Old 14th February 2010, 15:37   #390
Senior - BHPian

MUL is shodding the ZXi variants of ritz/swift with 185 cross section rubber. Hyundai/Chevy is giving 155 cross sections on the i10 kappa/beat. Still, the fuel efficiency figures of the top end versions of the marutis and the other two cars are very closely matched. That speaks of the technological prowess of K-series and also the spot-on gearing by MUL.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks