Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2010, 04:28   #406
BHPian

the 8th generetion Alto here Suzuki Launch Japannese Suzuki Alto

Note from the Team-BHP Support : Please note that it is now imperative for you to upload pictures directly to the Team-BHP Server. Click here (Uploading photographs directly to Team-BHP) to view our simple help article on uploading pictures.

Last edited by Technocrat : 1st March 2010 at 19:22. Reason: Please read the note in your post, thanks
Old 16th February 2010, 10:05   #407
BHPian

@Kashishd: Thanks for the piece of info. Looks like just an engine upgrade, build quality remains the same.
Old 17th February 2010, 14:23   #408
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

i am trying to access the maruti suzuki india site for New Swift details. But unable to access the site. is anyone else facing the same problem?

Thanks
Old 17th February 2010, 14:31   #409
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
Guys,

i am trying to access the maruti suzuki india site for New Swift details. But unable to access the site. is anyone else facing the same problem?

Thanks
The website doesn't open and gets redirected to some other unrelated site ! weird...both the main and micro-site have gone down at the same time. (marutisuzuki.com and marutiswift.com)
Old 17th February 2010, 15:17   #410
BHPian

[quote=better4worse;1734664]Slight detour from the original topic on the thread ...
Big Car Manufacturers change their Cars completely every 4 years.

spruce up even their hot selling models in the name of evolution (case in point..honda city (OHC>NHC>ANHC).

This is what we call as radical change.

The height of the Alto (Astar) has been increased for Japanese Markets.

Last edited by jaaz : 17th February 2010 at 15:19.
Old 17th February 2010, 15:26   #411
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by better4worse View Post
The website doesn't open and gets redirected to some other unrelated site ! weird...both the main and micro-site have gone down at the same time. (marutisuzuki.com and marutiswift.com)
Marutisuzuki.com is not working.Even I had tried opening it in the morning but there seems to be some problem with it.
Old 25th February 2010, 18:35   #412
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn View Post
No chance. I think he was referring to the K series Swift. Maruti would not have bothered to plonk the K12M in the current Swift if the all new Swift is just a couple of months away.
He (Authorized tyre dealer for Bridgestone, Yoko, etc.) was not referring to the K Series but to the New Swift. He said he knows since tyre manufacturers have adjusted production of R14s accordingly. Obviously, I can't believe him outright
Old 1st March 2010, 18:51   #413

White Swift K Series Vxi booked...awaiting delivery on 11th March 2010!

A Big Hello to everyone at team-bhp,
I must begin by saying a heart-felt thank you to everyone who has contributed to the forum for helping me in making one of those biggest decisions of my life - "buying the swift k series vxi". After assimilating all the information on the site, right from the new engine to the dealers to technical specifications, I finally booked my white "tiger" swift k series vxi on 22nd Feb '10 and am waiting to drive it home on 11th March '10 (the wait is killing).Kalyani Motors, Mysore Road, Bangalore is where I am picking it up from for Rs.512540 (after a Rs.3000 corp discount).Unfortunately,there aren't any other offers.But the sales manager,a very customer-centric person, Rakesh 9900599925 has offered me the basic accessories+Birla 3M Sunfilm,Car Cover & a Car Kit.This offer had beaten Garuda Motor's offer by that one car kit.But the fact is,I went with Kalyani as my experience with the entire team at Kalyani went smooth.Not that Garuda was bad.Just that Kalyani was better.I am a little anxious about the FE.I am an average driver.I've driven the Zen(2 yrs) and the Esteem (3 yrs), both of which were owned by my dad.So technically, this is my first car.HDFC has loaned me 291709 @9.25%pa after deducting Rs.1575 processing fee,Rs.300 stamp duty, Rs.200 service charge and 1 advance EMI of Rs.6216.I decided to drop HDFC's offer of the Insurance which they offered me @Rs.10993 against Kalyani's Rs.12707 solely to maintain the relation with the Kalyani guys.But I must let you know that the turn-around-time at HDFC is very slow/low.It took me almost 6 days after repeated calling and follow up to have the amount disbursed.Sorry, but I'm not very good with the technical postings as I believe there are others who have done and will continue to share their knowledge.
While I get back with pics and my driving experience, please pray for me:
  • That the car is delivered as promised
  • The accessories promised are genuine and worthy
  • That I don't experience any post-purchase anxiety
  • And finally, that I get a mileage of 15kmpl in the city
Cheers,
PsyCzar
When it's your first, you just hope it doesn't burst!
Old 2nd March 2010, 00:31   #414
Senior - BHPian

Hey PsyCar congrats on booking the swift.I am sure all your wishes will be fulfilled,and you will have loads of fun with your swift.Create a thread in the ownership forum,and do write a detailed ownership experience!
Old 15th March 2010, 14:31   #415
BHPian

Swift with K-Series engine is quite a hoot to drive
Got the delivery of the car about a month back (with 2 weeks waiting, dont ask how ).

Engine is quite refined with loads of low end pulling power. But she seems to close the gap a lot quicker with bigger creature comforts once you get her heart beating beyond 3k.

1.3 L engine was peaky and quite fun to drive. The 1.2L adds a bit more linearity, and maintains the rev-happy peppy nature that endows all maruthi engines.
100Kph is extremely easy, 120 is comfortable cruising, 140 and the car is at the top of her comfort zone. Ofcourse you can push her to do faster, but for that you need to be very sure that roads are clean (like Mumbai Pune Expressway). But 120-140 is her sweet spot.

In short, people who feel that Swift lost its charm because of the "smaller" engine fear not, it may be small, but her new heart is feisty. Looks like somebody forgot to tell her that she is "supposed" to be slower now...
Old 15th March 2010, 14:37   #416
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsyCzar View Post
I finally booked my white "tiger" swift k series vxi on 22nd Feb '10 and am waiting to drive it home on 11th March '10

Hey Congrats!!!! awaiting your thread and initial ownership review.

Have fun & drive safe!!!!
Old 15th March 2010, 17:34   #417

Quote:
Originally Posted by allajunaki View Post
Swift with K-Series engine is quite a hoot to drive
Got the delivery of the car about a month back (with 2 weeks waiting, dont ask how ).

Engine is quite refined with loads of low end pulling power. But she seems to close the gap a lot quicker with bigger creature comforts once you get her heart beating beyond 3k.

1.3 L engine was peaky and quite fun to drive. The 1.2L adds a bit more linearity, and maintains the rev-happy peppy nature that endows all maruthi engines.
100Kph is extremely easy, 120 is comfortable cruising, 140 and the car is at the top of her comfort zone. Ofcourse you can push her to do faster, but for that you need to be very sure that roads are clean (like Mumbai Pune Expressway). But 120-140 is her sweet spot.

In short, people who feel that Swift lost its charm because of the "smaller" engine fear not, it may be small, but her new heart is feisty. Looks like somebody forgot to tell her that she is "supposed" to be slower now...
allajunaki, can you share the pics of your new car? Also pl update with the FE. I have booked a VDi, but was also considering ZXi due to SwiftD's long waiting period.
Old 16th March 2010, 09:02   #418
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsegOY View Post
allajunaki, can you share the pics of your new car? Also pl update with the FE. I have booked a VDi, but was also considering ZXi due to SwiftD's long waiting period.
Sure! Will post a few once I get her serviced
Old 17th March 2010, 12:33   #419
Senior - BHPian

GUys,

All those who own K series swift, please care to share more details about your owner ship so far; drive experience, FE, highway experience if any etc.

I am sure there are lot of ppl here who would be interested in this car and would love to know these details. Even my dad and me planning a mid hatch and too confused on the options. Sometimes we feel we might postponed the purchase till Sept and till then we will have more feedback on FIGO, POLO & Swift K series to make the best choice.

Awaiting details.

Thanks a lot.
Old 6th April 2010, 16:22   #420
BHPian

Any reviews on Swift with K series engine?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks