Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2010, 20:45   #151
BHPian

Any news on the Swift DDiS BS IV?
Old 18th January 2010, 20:46   #152
Senior - BHPian

There is no increase in swift petrol prices in BS 4 models, as per the website and the dealer.

the dzire petrol prices have increased by about 11,000-14,000 approx.
Old 18th January 2010, 21:04   #153
Senior - BHPian

My 2 cents.

The existing Swift is good for people looking at modding. Because once the K series steps in, there is little chance of easy modding. Too much electronics to deal with. So hold on to your present engines Swift lovers. :-)

Cheers
Old 18th January 2010, 21:19   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaz View Post
New Swift with 1.2 litre Engine is OK to some extent. I pity the Petrol Dzire buyers with 1.2, And that too with an additional load of 70-80kgs. ( I guess?)
And that makes the Swift DZire the only sedan that comes with a sub 1200cc engine. A puny 1.2L NA engine in a 1+ ton sedan? Does it not sound funny?
Old 18th January 2010, 22:23   #155
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithunkb View Post
Any news on the Swift DDiS BS IV?
I think both petrol and diesel version of Swift are upgraded to BS-IV. The diesel engine remains same except for some ECU change IMHO. And the petrol engine is now from Ritz.

Have a look here :
Souce : http://profit.ndtv.com/2010/01/16180...prices-ch.html

Article :

Quote:

The country's largest car maker Maruti Suzuki India on Sarturday hiked prices of most of its models by an estimated up to Rs 10,000 to offset the increase in input costs, including that of steel.

While the average increase in prices is of around 0.6 per cent, it varies from 0.12 per cent for the Ritz VDi at the lower end to 1.9 per cent for the Dzire LXi models, Maruti Suzuki India (MSI) said in a statement, but did not share the hike in rupee terms.

However, the hike would range between a few hundred rupees to as high as Rs 10,000 per car, as per the current on-road prices of various models.

However, the company's recently launched multi purpose vehicle Eeco, and the petrol variant of the small car Swift and its Gypsy models will not be affected by the price hike.

"The price increase is to partly recover the increase in the input costs arising out of raw material costs over the past one year. For some models the increase in the costs are being absorbed by the company," the company said.

It also said that the introductory prices for its refreshed Estilo, which was introduced in August last year, has been withdrawn. Estilo will now be expensive by Rs 1,243- Rs 2,486 depending on the variants.

MSI's decision to hike prices comes after similar measures by other auto makers, including Honda Siel Cars India and luxury carmaker BMW, in the past one month.

MSI also said that the petrol variants of the Swift and the Swift Dzire will now be equipped with Bharat Stage (BS) IV norms compliant 1.2 litre K-series engines.

The K12 petrol engine on these variants delivers a fuel efficiency of 17.9 kilometre per litre, as against 15.9 kilometre per litre in the old engines.

"The Diesel variants of Swift and Swift Dzire are also upgraded to meet the BS-IV norms," it said, without giving further details.
Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense View Post
And that makes the Swift DZire the only sedan that comes with a sub 1200cc engine. A puny 1.2L NA engine in a 1+ ton sedan? Does it not sound funny?
The weight might go down a bit because the K series engines are lighter then G series units. And as far as performance goes, already they are claiming higher FE so that is how Suzuki is trying to cover up for loss of performance. My concern is what when the car is fully loaded ? Note that gearing will also play a role here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaz View Post
New Swift with 1.2 litre Engine is OK to some extent. I pity the Petrol Dzire buyers with 1.2, And that too with an additional load of 70-80kgs. ( I guess?)

And by plonking this Engine in Swift and not reducing the Price, Maruti is profiting an additional amount of atleast 30K from each Car.
Dzire length is around 4160mm IIRC. So its not like Indigo CS, so no tax benefits here. And the Kseries engines are not as cheap to manufacture as G series. May be thats why they are not decreasing price.

Last edited by aaggoswami : 18th January 2010 at 22:27.
Old 18th January 2010, 22:47   #156
Senior - BHPian

Guys, just returned from showroom after making part payment (have booked a Dzire, diesel variant). Diesel too is upgraded to BS4, it was confirmed by the salesperson. And price increase is b/w 6-7k for dzire.
Old 18th January 2010, 22:48   #157
Team-BHP Support

have got the OD january '10 issue and the calender given by MUL has Dzire, Swift, Ritz, A-Star, Estilo on the K-Series page, not the Wagon-R,

The Swift was bound to get the K-Series sooner or later(prior to April '10)
Old 18th January 2010, 23:27   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by breezydrive View Post
The MUL website shows prices for BS -IV models across the country

Price

Means People who had booked petrol Swift will get K series engines.
Considering we are all discussing Kseries 1.3L to 1.2 L downgrade / BSIV upgrades and i see a bit of variation across the thread...

I just looked up the MS Swift microsite (Maruti Swift) and I have couple of observations to share...

The website seems to have been updated on the 16th Jan 2010 the day news about K series engine for Swift got confirmed.

Swift -Petrol

Specs still read 1298 cc but the price sheet mentions an upgrade to BSIV for Lxi / Vxi / Zxi along with the fact that prices remain the same.

Now 1298 cc is a 1.3 L engine in my book...and not 1.2 L as mentioned in the press release and follow up comments on the thread. So does this again not qualify for the small car benefits and also explain the fact why Maruti has not reduced the prices on the new Swift petrol K series ?
Then again could this be a typo !?

Lets move over to Swift - Diesel

Spec sheet read 1248 cc (1.2 L) but the price sheet clearly mentions BSIII for Ldi/ Vdi / Zdi. So the upgrade to BS IV hasn't happened yet !
Old 18th January 2010, 23:36   #159
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense View Post
Whats the need to look at the cubic capacity?

84bhp k series vs older 87bhp, while the torque is the same - 113Nm @ 4,500rpm.

(85ps x 0.987 = 83.895bhp)
Old 19th January 2010, 00:12   #160
BHPian

"And that makes the Swift DZire the only sedan that comes with a sub 1200cc engine. A puny 1.2L NA engine in a 1+ ton sedan? Does it not sound funny?"

I can imagine that Mr Tata is throwing a party to celebrate the upcoming success of Manza. My neighbor has just decided to join the party by canceling the booking of petrol Dzire.
Old 19th January 2010, 15:05   #161
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by better4worse View Post
Swift -Petrol

Specs still read 1298 cc but the price sheet mentions an upgrade to BSIV for Lxi / Vxi / Zxi along with the fact that prices remain the same.

Now 1298 cc is a 1.3 L engine in my book...and not 1.2 L as mentioned in the press release and follow up comments on the thread. So does this again not qualify for the small car benefits and also explain the fact why Maruti has not reduced the prices on the new Swift petrol K series ?
Then again could this be a typo !?

Lets move over to Swift - Diesel

Spec sheet read 1248 cc (1.2 L) but the price sheet clearly mentions BSIII for Ldi/ Vdi / Zdi. So the upgrade to BS IV hasn't happened yet !

The K12M engine is 1197CC. The 1298CC is the old G-series engine for sure.

Regarding the Diesel engine, they have not yet upgraded it to BS-IV level. Is Maruti waiting for a VW Diesel engine?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohandas View Post
"And that makes the Swift DZire the only sedan that comes with a sub 1200cc engine. A puny 1.2L NA engine in a 1+ ton sedan? Does it not sound funny?"

I can imagine that Mr Tata is throwing a party to celebrate the upcoming success of Manza. My neighbor has just decided to join the party by canceling the booking of petrol Dzire.
The number of DZire sales lost because of the K-series engine, will be less than the additional sales the K-Series would bring in, IMO.

Last edited by romeomidhun : 19th January 2010 at 15:10.
Old 19th January 2010, 17:26   #162
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
The number of DZire sales lost because of the K-series engine, will be less than the additional sales the K-Series would bring in, IMO.
+1. DeZire is not exactly a car people are buying for performance reasons. I guess in petrol more people would prefer a K engine due to the higher FE advantage.
Old 19th January 2010, 17:31   #163
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohandas View Post

One math you forgot to take care is more power (I am guessing this is true) and better fuel efficiency. I am sure more Indians would be interested in this stat.
Old 19th January 2010, 18:03   #164
Senior - BHPian

Some pics and details*

*exactly same words circulated to dealers.
Attached Thumbnails
Swift with the K series engine? Update: Launched.-dsc01969.jpg  

Swift with the K series engine? Update: Launched.-dsc01970.jpg  

Swift with the K series engine? Update: Launched.-dsc01971.jpg  

Swift with the K series engine? Update: Launched.-dsc01972.jpg  

Swift with the K series engine? Update: Launched.-dsc01973.jpg  

Swift with the K series engine? Update: Launched.-untitled1.jpg  

Swift with the K series engine? Update: Launched.-untitled2.jpg  

Swift with the K series engine? Update: Launched.-untitled3.jpg  

Swift with the K series engine? Update: Launched.-untitled4.jpg  

Old 19th January 2010, 18:09   #165
Senior - BHPian

Well if the K block can perform that well then why not!!!

Lets see what the user reviews have to say.

Most Viewed