Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2010, 12:57   #241
BHPian

Does this make the Manza Saffire even more attractive than the D'zire now? 1.2L compared to the 1.4L Fiat (Linea) engine? At least sounds better on paper & of course in the real world also.
Sad to say, but the Dzire will still be bought in greater nos. thanks to the MS badge. Poor Tata Motors - these guys can try whatever they can, but Indians will be Indians.
Old 28th January 2010, 12:57   #242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
auto car india seems to speak very well of the K Series engine
Why Shankar sir, why refer to auto car or some other magazine? You can very well go by GTO's impression of k series engine. Refer to his impressions on ritz petrol and you will get a very detailed information about this engine. For others just don't go by numbers. Please test drive and see what you get out of that marvelous 1.2 engine.
Old 28th January 2010, 13:04   #243
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

hey - I just happened to buy that magazine and read about the K Series in it. my initial impression (assumption) was that the new K Series would feel a bit under-powered for the Swift, but this apparently is a mistaken impression!

While I have indeed read the Ritz review and have tested that car myself, it is not the same really as the Swift!

Hence, I am keenly awaiting the Test Drive- First Impressions of the new Swift with the K Series engine by someone on our forum, to form a clearer view.

I think, as you said, I will invest the time in a TD for myself sometime this weekend or as soon as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by highsteem View Post
Why Shankar sir, why refer to auto car or some other magazine? You can very well go by GTO's impression of k series engine. Refer to his impressions on ritz petrol and you will get a very detailed information about this engine. For others just don't go by numbers. Please test drive and see what you get out of that marvelous 1.2 engine.
Old 28th January 2010, 13:07   #244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick1977 View Post
Does this make the Manza Saffire even more attractive than the D'zire now? 1.2L compared to the 1.4L Fiat (Linea) engine? At least sounds better on paper & of course in the real world also.
Sad to say, but the Dzire will still be bought in greater nos. thanks to the MS badge. Poor Tata Motors - these guys can try whatever they can, but Indians will be Indians.
Do not need to feel sad.

thanks to the MS badge. ..... yes. They have EARNED it.

so can others.

--Sanjubaba
Old 28th January 2010, 14:13   #245
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjubaba View Post
Do not need to feel sad.

thanks to the MS badge. ..... yes. They have EARNED it.

so can others.

--Sanjubaba
Yes very true Sanjubaba, Nobody can beat Maruti for their Cramped and Plasticky interiors.And in the casr of the Dzire Rattling exteriors, They are simply too good at that. MS Badge truly is phenomenal!
Old 28th January 2010, 16:14   #246
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpin1 View Post
Yes very true Sanjubaba, Nobody can beat Maruti for their Cramped and Plasticky interiors.And in the casr of the Dzire Rattling exteriors, They are simply too good at that. MS Badge truly is phenomenal!
Well. No need to get excited.

MS has never forced anyone to buy their vehicles. For some it might be cramped but for most it is not.

Point is simple. Any company cannot continue selling inferior products for long that too with a 50% market share. No product is perfect here but the imperfections with MS, whatever, are okay to live with than competitor..

Finally.. I have no special affiliation to MS.

--Sanjubaba
Old 28th January 2010, 17:54   #247
BHPian

They should have tuned the G13 to BSIV and provided it in Dzire.

Just my 0.02$.
Old 28th January 2010, 18:04   #248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithunkb View Post
They should have tuned the G13 to BSIV and provided it in Dzire.

Just my 0.02$.
Maybe, one reason, cost control factor. secondly, and maybe most importantly because 1.2 is tuned appropriately for better fun drive with additional mileage.
(Any ways, we need to have first hand drive, before we can comment positively or negatively)
Old 28th January 2010, 19:15   #249
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepjoz View Post
I was considering to buy the swift vxi but now that it is relaunched with the smaller k series engine i might have to rethink. Swift is the only desirable hot hatch around after they stopped the palio 1.6.I wish maruti would eventually upgrade the swift and give it the powertrain it deserves.
Hi Despite a lower 1.2L engine, Swift will be even more punchy than the 1.3L one due to better low end torque and a better transmission. Infact see my earlier post where I have compared the new engine with the old (post # 225 in this thread). On almost all parameters, the new engine outclasses the old including the time to sprint to 100KMPH from start

Last edited by nurni76 : 28th January 2010 at 19:18.
Old 28th January 2010, 19:22   #250
Senior - BHPian

Yes the 1.2 K series is faster, and more fuel efficient than the outgoing 1.3 L.

Wonder why some people are disappointed. Perhaps emphasizing too much on the engine capacity/bhp figures..
Old 28th January 2010, 19:26   #251
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Yes the 1.2 K series is faster, and more fuel efficient than the outgoing 1.3 L.

Wonder why some people are disappointed. Perhaps emphasizing too much on the engine capacity/bhp figures..
Most probably for some people size matters rather than ability .
Old 28th January 2010, 20:34   #252
BHPian

has the maruti done any tweaking to the 1.2 k series in swift to make it more fun to drive than the ritz, considering the sporty image of the swift?
Old 28th January 2010, 21:12   #253
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpin1 View Post
You are being extremely biased my friend. No one is shoving a Maruti down your throat. You don't like, you don't buy them. Simple. Period.

If you are so picky about the interiors/ plastic quality, move over to Toyota/Honda/The three pointed stars/Bimmers/Audis.

Also remember in our country car is still a LUXURY. Many can't even afford even a second hand M800.Hell, some can't even manage two square meals a day. Car is far fetched. A majority of the population who can afford cars are middle class who look at reliability and peace of mind.Only a handful can think beyond Maruti/Hyuandi. In such a scenario many would buy a car which is easy to run and maintain. And Maruti provides just that. Albeit it has its short comings, it's the best affordable brand to middle class.
I have seen you bash MSIL in the Dzire VS Manza thread too. As I said earlier, you don't like something, don't buy them. If you buy something, learn to live with its short comings. Remember no car is perfect. Nor is anything perfect in the world.
Old 28th January 2010, 21:18   #254
BHPian

Hi, Just gone through this youtube video,

The new K12 engine for Swift and Dzire, being a newbie really dont know whether this video can be posted or not in the thread please let me know even that as well
Old 28th January 2010, 21:21   #255
Senior - BHPian

If they wanted the same Engine in Ritz and Swift, why did they bring out Ritz? Is it only for the tall boy design. Interior wise there is difference. So any how a Ritz is also needed for the Wagon R migrants.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks