Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2010, 21:41   #256
BHPian

Ok, so now the K1.2 is going to be used for another 20 years just like G13.

Where is the 1.5 or 1.6 for the Swift?
Old 28th January 2010, 22:29   #257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohit View Post
Ok, so now the K1.2 is going to be used for another 20 years just like G13.

Where is the 1.5 or 1.6 for the Swift?
Why should Maruti even get the 1.5 or the 1.6? when they can milk the Indian Consumer with these (k 1.2).
Old 29th January 2010, 00:12   #258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohit View Post
...Where is the 1.5 or 1.6 for the Swift?
What is the point in even dreaming about this? Maruti is so volume driven that they will never do this.
The only way to have a 1.6l Swift is to build it yourself.
Old 29th January 2010, 01:06   #259
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpin1 View Post
Why should Maruti even get the 1.5 or the 1.6? when they can milk the Indian Consumer with these (k 1.2).
Milk the customer with the 1.2?

The power and torque figures for the K12 engine are better than competition.

Power- Honda Jazz 1.2 -90ps > Suzuki swift & Ritz K12 -85ps > Chevrolet Beat 1.2- 80.5ps > Hyundai kappa -80ps > Ford Figo 1.2- 70 ps > Fiat fire 1.2 -68ps > Tata Vista 1.2 - 65ps.

Torque- Suzuki swift & Ritz K12 -113 Nm > Hyundai kappa -112 Nm > Honda Jazz 1.2 -110 Nm > Chevrolet Beat 1.2 -108 Nm > Fiat fire 1.2 -96 Nm & Tata Vista 1.2- 96 Nm.

As far as power and torque figures go, its up there with the best!

Here is what GTO mentioned during the Figo review-
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Class topper remains the Maruti 1.2 K series.
and during the ritz review-
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Getting to the meat of the matter : The brand new 1.2 L DOHC 84 BHP (85 PS @ 6,000 rpms) engine is simply fantastic! This motor is way more refined than the 1.3L in the Swift, has good in-town driveability (113 NM of torque) and, one can tell, a couple of generations newer. It was even fun taking her to 6,000 rpms, the motor is fairly revv happy (though progress is slow and noise levels higher after 5000 odd rpms). The engine is very tractable and boasts a flexible nature; it is at home pottering around in the city or stretching her legs on the open road. This engine is so good that I see it makings it way into the Swift as well (soon?).
Overall, this is an expected move, and will better the charecter of the Swift IMO. Only thing that remains to be seen, is the impact this will have on the sales of the Ritz P.
Old 29th January 2010, 01:27   #260

Guys. PLEASE HELP ME!!!

I had booked a Swift Dzire Vxi 1300 cc version in Nov '09. I was told that delivery will happen in Feb '10. Now my delivery is being pushed another month to Mar '10. Also I will get the new K1.2 series Engine.

I'm thinking of ditching the booking & buying a Hyundai Accent - Petrol, on which there is no wait & I'm saving Rs.13K.

Please advise, shall I take this plunge or Dzire is still a worthwile wait option.

Request a response early.
Old 29th January 2010, 08:31   #261
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharmatarun3 View Post
Guys. PLEASE HELP ME!!!

I had booked a Swift Dzire Vxi 1300 cc version in Nov '09. I was told that delivery will happen in Feb '10. Now my delivery is being pushed another month to Mar '10. Also I will get the new K1.2 series Engine.

I'm thinking of ditching the booking & buying a Hyundai Accent - Petrol, on which there is no wait & I'm saving Rs.13K.

Please advise, shall I take this plunge or Dzire is still a worthwile wait option.

Enjoy the wait!! This is the famed Maruti Network for you.

Accent in one word is an Outdated car.
Look at the Ford fiesta if you can push the budget or else look at the TATA Manza which is priced well and also offers a ton of other features that the Dzire can only dream off.
Old 29th January 2010, 08:33   #262
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharmatarun3 View Post
Guys. PLEASE HELP ME!!!

Just test drive a 1.2 Dzire before cancelling decision. Accent is dated car when compared with Dzire.
Also you will lose on FE also in case of Accent. Wait and TD the car with K12M. K series is much lighter to the best of my knowledge, and according to latest ACI reports, Swift 1.2 is as quick as Swift 1.3. For an average user, there will not be any loss and car will perform good enough. And also wait for TD reports as they will have different viewpoints helping you understand how the car is.

Just wait for a month if possible. K12 power Dzire and Swift reports will start flowing in by then.
Old 29th January 2010, 09:15   #263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Milk the customer with the 1.2?

The power and torque figures for the K12 engine are better than competition.
dude...check this link International Engine of the Year - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I CANNOT find any SUZUKI here. If you and GTO are sooo right, shouldn't it be flooded in this list?
<please note this is not personal attack- if i offend anyone ..please accept my sincere apology]
Old 29th January 2010, 09:21   #264
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohandas View Post
dude...check this link International Engine of the Year - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I CANNOT find any SUZUKI here. If you and GTO are sooo right, shouldn't it be flooded in this list?
<please note this is not personal attack- if i offend anyone ..please accept my sincere apology]
huh? The 1.2L is hardly sold internationally. The discussion here is with the 1.2L sold in india and we are comparing it to the 1.2L Hyundai Kappa, 1.2L S-TEC II Chevy, 1.2L Skoda, 1.2L Fiat.

Amongst these the K12 is the best of the lot. Not internationally.

Moreover the K12 in india is different than international as internationally the cc is more than 1200cc whereas here they have reduced to 1197cc.
Old 29th January 2010, 09:25   #265
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
Just test drive a 1.2 Dzire before cancelling decision. Accent is dated car when compared with Dzire.
i have heard that K12 engine is worth than the best. GTO's review is the best for the K12 Ritz as i would suggest to wait for a month before investing
Old 29th January 2010, 09:35   #266
BHPian

Considering general Indian mentality i think the 1.2 Kappa engine is a good move by maruti.Why should they even launch the 1.6 engine with lower fuel efficiency and end up like palio 1.6.Car enthusiasts are a minority.The most important point in the mind of the indian customer is fuel efficiency.On a different note lower cc engines although they can generate decent power figures, the low rpm range power is generally lower and this makes it feel sluggish.But if you rev up the engine and keep it on the boil it will not feel underpowered.
Old 29th January 2010, 10:46   #267
Senior - BHPian

The K12M motor outclasses every other engine in its category available in India today. Period. I suggest that all those who are getting worried for a difference of 100 odd cc please take a test drive before you comment. The G13 is like a prehistoric dinosaur when compared to the K12M. We blame Maruti for selling outdated products and when the come out with a master stroke we crib for 100cc's. Cmon guys at least give them credit where its due.

The perfomance of an engine depends on many factors and cc is just one of them.

Advantages of K12M
1. The K12M motor provides excellent low end torque which is very much required in bumper to bumper traffic to sprite quickly. This is absolutely lacking in the G13.
2. The torque(which IMO is more important than bhp in our context) has a flat spread hence it aids drivability. Not so in the case of G13.
3. The K12M provides better in gear acceleration than the G13 which is required for quick overtaking manuveres.
4. The icing on the cake - K12M provides a solid 2 kmpl hike over the G13's FE figures.

The only drawback in the perfomance at high speeds (above 100 kmph) where the lack of cc starts to show. I guess majority of the people can live with that for all the advantages it offers over the G13.

Last edited by longhorn : 29th January 2010 at 10:47.
Old 29th January 2010, 10:50   #268
BHPian

Does anybody know if the gearing ratio has been changed in the new Swift?
Old 29th January 2010, 10:52   #269
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnanimousdude View Post
Hi, Just gone through this Youtube video, YouTube - Swift Dzire goes K series

The new K12 engine for Swift and Dzire, being a newbie really dont know whether this video can be posted or not in the thread please let me know even that as well
Thanks a lot Sir. This is the first official review (rather intro) about Swift / Swift Dezire with K Series engine. Is there any review about the performance, handling as well?
Old 29th January 2010, 11:11   #270
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by watashi75 View Post
Does anybody know if the gearing ratio has been changed in the new Swift?
Not sure if the gear ratios have been changed, but they have done some changes to the gearbox to aid the sporty character of the Swift. Take a testdrive of the G13 and the K12M back to back. The K12M will plaster a smile on your face guaranteed! The Ritz is proof enough for me.

Last edited by longhorn : 29th January 2010 at 11:13.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks