Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2009, 15:57   #1
BHPian

Report & Pics: W212 Mercedes Benz E Class launched Delhi & Mumbai

Note from Team-BHP Support:

A complete full-blown Test Report of the Mercedes E350 has been uploaded here. Please continue the discussion over on that link.

This thread is closed.

Just found the news about the launch on Economic Times website with a price tag of Rs 46.98 Lakhs (ex-showroom,Delhi).

Still no information on MB India Website .

Link:

Mercedes unravels its new E-Class- Automobiles-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times

Last edited by GTO : 25th October 2009 at 16:02. Reason: Adding thread closure + link to the review mod note
Old 23rd September 2009, 16:00   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

47 ex-showroom is not bad at all ! Expected it to be 50+
Looking forward to see what features they are offering at that price. But the key to generate volumes is going to be a cheaper diesel engine to give the 5 series a real run. For now the 530i is going to get killed, not like it sells much now either.
Old 23rd September 2009, 17:44   #3
BHPian

Attaching the E-Class Brochure Link from MB India website. The website is still not updated, but some how I got it to work.

Link:

Mercedes-Benz India - E-Class Saloon - Catalogue
Old 23rd September 2009, 17:58   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramelo View Post
arey its petrol !!!!

at first thought i came with a GAS kit compressed GAS injection!!.
You just made laugh
Good sense of humour-I must say.
Old 23rd September 2009, 18:04   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oops View Post
You just made laugh
Good sense of humour-I must say.
yeah, i know that. i got some spamming warnings too!! by mods so i stay clear from it usually. and try sticking to the topic.

hey anyone thinks this is too boxy or edgy!?? and i am not a fan of those taillights. even the bmw 5 series looks better. i prefer the A6 timeless look !

@ sahil-- it sells man like anything in ahmedabad. everytime i go out i get to see a new bmw 5 series. i am tired of these. i miss the mercs in town. dunno where are they!! i once spotted a c class with sports grill. and an sl55 amg. and that was like months ago! where have the mercs gone!!??

Last edited by Caramelo : 23rd September 2009 at 18:11.
Old 23rd September 2009, 21:55   #6
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
They have started sending out mailers. Received one by post yesterday notifying the launch on 26th.
I had received one about a week ago stating the launch as 23rd Sep 09 and inviting me to come and see the car! So is it confirmed that the launch has been postponed ot 26th? I did have a missed call from AutoHangar on my cellphone today, it might be for the same.
Old 24th September 2009, 01:57   #7
Senior - BHPian

The launch was indeed today in Delhi. Couldn't make it for the launch though due to some other commitments.
Old 24th September 2009, 11:33   #8
BHPian

47 lacs is a very good price. I had also expected a 50+ price. Even ACI had also predicted price to be around 55 lacs.

Now that nearly all premium brands are here, competition has started in real earnest in upper segments also. The lower E class models will now drop down to low 40s and the lowest model may even touch 39 lacs. Good for Indian consumers who have long been milked dry since long.

High time now for service costs to go down also.
Old 24th September 2009, 12:17   #9
Senior - BHPian

Mercedes-Benz India just does not know how to configure cars, I mean this car has nothing to make it stand apart from the crowd besides the new platform / design.

I wish they put in few options which would provide stiff competetion and also create a unique product!

The engine does not fascinate me, the features are pretty much what they have now as standard in this segment, all in all the car will sell only because it's new but if more options are not added as standard then wait 12 months and the new BMW 5(f10) will eat this alive!
Old 24th September 2009, 12:26   #10
BHPian

Heres a short product video for the New Mercedes E350 launched yesterday.
Old 24th September 2009, 13:35   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akj53 View Post
47 lacs is a very good price. I had also expected a 50+ price. Even ACI had also predicted price to be around 55 lacs.

Now that nearly all premium brands are here, competition has started in real earnest in upper segments also. The lower E class models will now drop down to low 40s and the lowest model may even touch 39 lacs. Good for Indian consumers who have long been milked dry since long.
I am surprised that you think so. Just have a look at the prices it sells in international markets. This price (47 lakhs) might be Ok for a CBU but for a CKD which this car is - there is certainly a huge profit margin. Expect some corrections once new 5 is here.
Old 24th September 2009, 16:17   #12
Senior - BHPian

entropy,

You also need to realise the car has quite a few minor and major options as standard equipment which would other wise in EU markets be optional equipment.

While cars in India are overpriced comparing them with a base E350 from Germany or similar markets will not give you the correct price converted to INR.
Old 24th September 2009, 16:24   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by entropy View Post
I am surprised that you think so. Just have a look at the prices it sells in international markets. This price (47 lakhs) might be Ok for a CBU but for a CKD which this car is - there is certainly a huge profit margin. Expect some corrections once new 5 is here.
I don't think there will be any correction as the 530i which is direct competition to the E350 already costs close to this price tag.

Wether CBU or CKD, the profit margins are always high here. The savings between CKD and CBU are barely ever passed on to us. Pricing is always closer to the CBU value.
Old 24th September 2009, 21:45   #14
Senior - BHPian

Guys i recieved a call today from AutoHanger and the car is already at their showrooms for display. They also mentioned the launch is at the Trident Bombay on the 4th of october. Unless the guy got i wrong himself.
Old 24th September 2009, 23:20   #15
Senior - BHPian

I had the fortune & was an invited guest for the launch of new E-class. The fucntion was held at Hayatt Regency at 2pm. I reached there by 1:50pm & as soon as entered I was handed over the press kit & brochure. It was also an occation to meet many of the friends & seniors from media like, Hormazd (Autocar), Bijoy (Motoring), D'souce (Overdrive), Vikrant (Auto Bild), etc. As soon as my collegue from Kerala Vivek(vivekji05), Sreekumar, Iype joined me we had lunch.

By 2.30pm the function began, with a teaser Video. Soon after Dr. Wilfred Aulbur, CEO & MD of MBIL, unvieled the new E-class by being driven into the podium. Just after that a 3 minutes Video was showed, then Dr.Aulbur address the gathering & also had an interaction with the gathering. The most attractive answer was on pricing, suprisingly its priced just Rs.47.35Lacs. Then he posed with the new E for the media.

After the photo setion a few selected from media was invited for a round table at a confrence hall called 'Mayflower hall'. There Dr. Aulbur answered the press & the questioned from us.

We were gifted with a beautiful stainless steel key-ring of 'E' of E-class. Altogether the function was a grand one with its luxuriness & grand arrangement. May be due to the competition, it was one of the best arrangement for any Merc's event in India!

Will post the press release soon. Here are some snaps I shoted.
Attached Thumbnails
Report & Pics: W212 Mercedes Benz E Class launched Delhi & Mumbai-img_3161.jpg  

Report & Pics: W212 Mercedes Benz E Class launched Delhi & Mumbai-img_3163.jpg  

Report & Pics: W212 Mercedes Benz E Class launched Delhi & Mumbai-img_3170.jpg  

Report & Pics: W212 Mercedes Benz E Class launched Delhi & Mumbai-img_3226.jpg  

Report & Pics: W212 Mercedes Benz E Class launched Delhi & Mumbai-img_3224.jpg  

Report & Pics: W212 Mercedes Benz E Class launched Delhi & Mumbai-img_3204.jpg  

Report & Pics: W212 Mercedes Benz E Class launched Delhi & Mumbai-img_3171.jpg  

Report & Pics: W212 Mercedes Benz E Class launched Delhi & Mumbai-img_3185.jpg  

Report & Pics: W212 Mercedes Benz E Class launched Delhi & Mumbai-img_3193.jpg  

Report & Pics: W212 Mercedes Benz E Class launched Delhi & Mumbai-img_3202.jpg  

Report & Pics: W212 Mercedes Benz E Class launched Delhi & Mumbai-img_3206.jpg  

Report & Pics: W212 Mercedes Benz E Class launched Delhi & Mumbai-img_3200.jpg  

Report & Pics: W212 Mercedes Benz E Class launched Delhi & Mumbai-img_3191.jpg  

Report & Pics: W212 Mercedes Benz E Class launched Delhi & Mumbai-img_3214.jpg  

Report & Pics: W212 Mercedes Benz E Class launched Delhi & Mumbai-img_3208.jpg  

Report & Pics: W212 Mercedes Benz E Class launched Delhi & Mumbai-img_3205.jpg  

Report & Pics: W212 Mercedes Benz E Class launched Delhi & Mumbai-img_3209.jpg  

Report & Pics: W212 Mercedes Benz E Class launched Delhi & Mumbai-img_3186.jpg  

Report & Pics: W212 Mercedes Benz E Class launched Delhi & Mumbai-img_3207.jpg  

Report & Pics: W212 Mercedes Benz E Class launched Delhi & Mumbai-img_3221.jpg  

Report & Pics: W212 Mercedes Benz E Class launched Delhi & Mumbai-img_3227.jpg  

Report & Pics: W212 Mercedes Benz E Class launched Delhi & Mumbai-img_3192.jpg  

Report & Pics: W212 Mercedes Benz E Class launched Delhi & Mumbai-img_3190.jpg  

Report & Pics: W212 Mercedes Benz E Class launched Delhi & Mumbai-img_3223.jpg  

Report & Pics: W212 Mercedes Benz E Class launched Delhi & Mumbai-img_3177.jpg  

Report & Pics: W212 Mercedes Benz E Class launched Delhi & Mumbai-img_3178.jpg  

Report & Pics: W212 Mercedes Benz E Class launched Delhi & Mumbai-img_3181.jpg  

Last edited by hanmust : 24th September 2009 at 23:31.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed