Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2009, 13:33   #76
BHPian

Yeah porchse has such extreme designs that it may be heaven for some and hell for some.I mean either you gonna love it else you gonna hate it till the core.I was in the latter category as far as cayenne was concerned.
but the panamera changed my outlook towards porsche.Report & Pics: Porsche Panamera launched in India-porschepanamera3.jpg

I am in love with this beauty and if ever I get filthy rich, I will definitely buy one
Old 30th October 2009, 13:27   #77
Senior - BHPian

I was impressed after seeing the car on the road in dubai. i saw 3 of them in less than 45 mins on JBR. The car isnt half as ugly as i thought it was based on pictures. Infact i might not mind owning one at all, its not sheer beauti but it does have some presence. Now i didnt see it from close and all angles, but still as much as I made out from it on the road it was good. I tried to get close but a white GT-R with some subtle mods grabbed my attention a lot more.

Once I get to delhi, will try and arrange for a test drive to see how it really is.
Old 1st November 2009, 15:37   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan75 View Post
That center console looks like the interpretation of an Audi interior by an American designer.

The front looks nice but the back looks horrible. Remember the old Chrysler Crossfire - this looks worse than that. Jezza from Top Gear once said about the rear end of the Chrysler - it's like a dog running with its tail between its legs.

Isn't the Rapide competing in the same price bracket? I think the Aston walks all over this.

I completely agree to this statement, If I ever geta chance to keep this car in my garage, it will be only because of the brand name and its interiors, exterior wise I felt somewhere its not upto mark, The front still looks a bit ok types but the rear is really horrible ...I was just imagining when saw the car that what were the designers of porsche thinking at the time of finalising the car? As per what I have heard Allready Porsche was running just because of its cayenne globally and they had a huge hope with this experiment of panamera, but IMO this is going to be a flop show, Hope they don't ruin the image of their beauty cayenne with the upcoming Diesel Engine...
Old 1st November 2009, 22:47   #79
Senior - BHPian

This angle makes it even uglier.

Quote:
It’s as ugly as an inside-out monkey. Part Austin Maxi, it looks like someone with no talent at all was trying to describe what they wanted to a blind person, over the phone, says Clarkson.

Review here: Jeremy Clarkson Porsche Panamera 4.8 V8 Turbo review | Driving - Times Online
Attached Thumbnails
Report & Pics: Porsche Panamera launched in India-dsc01417.jpg  

Last edited by v12 : 1st November 2009 at 22:51.
Old 2nd November 2009, 14:33   #80
BHPian

Oh man 'H' is missing in Porsche in the display car.Has some one stolen or it fall apart?If it was fall apart then its going to be a very bad image for Porsche,that it can't even firmly fix its badge in a 2 cr car.
Old 2nd November 2009, 14:38   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudan_NFS
Oh man 'H' is missing in Porsche in the display car.Has some one stolen or it fall apart?If it was fall apart then its going to be a very bad image for Porsche,that it can't even firmly fix its badge in a 2 cr car.
I do not think, "H" is missing. Its the glaze of the light which is making it invisible.

Cheers.
Old 2nd November 2009, 17:48   #82
Senior - BHPian

Hey look at that small porsche pedal car in the background!.looks cute.The " h"does looking missing though.
Old 13th November 2009, 20:44   #83
BHPian

The front resembles the Cayenne a lot . But the rear is really bad .
Old 23rd November 2009, 10:31   #84
Team-BHP Support

Mansory-ed Panamera!

Porsche's Panamera hasn't gone down well with enthusiasts and Porschephiles alike. And that's largely due to its ungainly proportions and rather ugly appearance.

But Swiss tuner, Mansory, has decided to change that! They released sketches and impressions of their take on the Panamera. To be quite honest, it doesn't evoke anger and hatred anymore(!)

Modifications include new aerodynamic components made of high-strength polyurethane (PU-RIM) and Prepreg-Autoclav-Carbon, the characteristic material for Mansory.

The luxury-sports sedan has also been lowered by 35 mm and equipped with a sport exhaust system.

According to Mansory, the interior can be upgraded with the most precious woods, finest varnish or dynamic carbon. Other interior upgrades include new brushed aluminum pedals and a new sports steering wheel.
Other highlights are 21" alloy wheels (That resemble the wheels of the earlier 993 type and 996 type 911 Turbos), a new hood with air-vents, aggressive front spoiler with LEDs, new rear spoiler and huge dual exhausts routed at the center of the rear bumper!

Mansory hasn’t revealed any information about performance upgrades, but be prepared for a souped-up version of the already mad twin-turbo V8 along with the required performance upgrades for the 'lesser' normally aspirated V8.

Source: Porsche Panamera Turbo by Swiss tuner Mansory | PorschePoint
Attached Thumbnails
Report & Pics: Porsche Panamera launched in India-mansory_panamera_1.jpg  

Report & Pics: Porsche Panamera launched in India-mansory_panamera_2.jpg  

Report & Pics: Porsche Panamera launched in India-mansory_panamera_3.jpg  

Report & Pics: Porsche Panamera launched in India-mansory_panamera_4.jpg  

Report & Pics: Porsche Panamera launched in India-mansory_panamera_5.jpg  

Old 9th October 2013, 12:32   #85
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Report & Pics: Porsche Panamera launched in India

Porsche Panamera facelift launched at Rs 1.19 crore.( ex- showroom delhi)

Porsche has just launched the Panamera facelift in India, with prices starting at Rs 1.19 crore for the base petrol V6, stretching to Rs 1.99 crore for the Panamera Turbo.

There are five models of the Panamera on sale in India, the Panamera Turbo (Rs 1.99 crore), Panamera GTS (Rs 1.60 crore), two variants of the petrol V6 (Panamera and Panamera 4), and the Panamera Diesel (Rs 1.23 crore).

The new Panamera comes with standard equipment like an electric sunroof, Porsche Communication Management plus Navigation, a Bose sound system, Park Assist with a reverse camera and Air Suspension with Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM) (available in all variants except the entry-level V6 petrol).

Optional features include LED headlights featuring Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus and a 1000W Burmester sound system.

Source:ACI
Old 9th October 2013, 14:03   #86
Senior - BHPian

Porsche India launches the second generation Panamera

Porsche has launched the facelifted Panamera, the brand’s four-seater sports car in India at a price between Rs. 1.19 crore - 1.99 crore (Ex-showroom Delhi).

Five models of the new Panamera are available for sale in India: the Panamera Turbo, the naturally aspirated Panamera GTS, two variants of the petrol V6, Panamera and Panamera 4, as well as the Panamera Diesel. The Panamera Turbo features 520 horsepower & a maximum speed of 305 km/h and 10.2 l/100km average fuel consumption. The Panamera Diesel has a top speed of 244 km/h, 250 horsepower and an average consumption of 6.3 l/100km.

The new Panamera comes equipped with electric sun roof, Porsche Communication Management plus Navigation, BOSE sound system, Park Assist with reverse camera and Air Suspension with Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM) – the latter is present in all models except in the entry-level V6 petrol variant.

An extensive list of optional equipment is available for customers, which includes full LED headlights featuring Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus and a 1000 W Burmester Surround Sound System. In addition, the new Panamera can be customised through the Porsche Exclusive Program.

Price List:

Panamera - 1,19,28,000.
Panamera 4 - 1,22,00,000.
Panamera Diesel - 1,23,31,000.
Panamera GTS - 1,60,45,000.
Panamera Turbo - 1,99,64,000.
Attached Thumbnails
Report & Pics: Porsche Panamera launched in India-panamera-diesel-press-image1.jpg  

Report & Pics: Porsche Panamera launched in India-panamera-diesel-press-image2.jpg  

Report & Pics: Porsche Panamera launched in India-panamera-diesel-press-image3.jpg  

Last edited by GTO : 14th October 2013 at 20:09. Reason: Facelift, not 2nd generation
parrys is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th November 2013, 11:18   #87
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Report & Pics: Porsche Panamera launched in India

Porsche announces Panamera Turbo S in India.

Porsche India has made the car available for order with deliveries scheduled for February 2014. Prices for the same will be announced soon.

http://www.oncars.in/car-news/porsch...-in-india/5006

Most Viewed