Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Petra 1.6 ELX or Baleno LXi ?
Petra 1.6 ELX 64 47.06%
Baleno LXi 72 52.94%
Voters: 136. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2005, 10:54   #196
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffetfan
I am already looking forward to my next car...a SUV or a turbo Petrol...cant decide which ..
Hey @Buffetfan, looks like your investments are paying off big time .. or maybe a job switch ?
Uno --> Baleno --> Turbo Petrol ... some graph that !

Just kidding .. may you decide soon and lay your hands on a plush leather steering wheel !
Old 25th October 2005, 12:06   #197
Team-BHP Support

Looks like Baleno has finally edged out Petra even on this poll. Frankly I have rarely seen a Petra on Bangalore roads, I see Palios and Balenos on a regular basis everyday. But Petra sightings are really a once in a month or two incidence.
Old 25th October 2005, 12:52   #198
Senior - BHPian

Hey Shuvc,
nothing like that man..:-).... I plan to purchase only next year (or maybe the year after)....but given the auto buff I am ...have already started thinking about it.
Thanks for your wishes though..I hope the new year will bring a lot of happiness, health and wealth for all of us

Last edited by Buffetfan : 25th October 2005 at 12:54.
Old 25th October 2005, 13:04   #199
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai
Frankly I have rarely seen a Petra on Bangalore roads, I see Palios and Balenos on a regular basis everyday. But Petra sightings are really a once in a month or two incidence.
And if someone is standing nearby when I meet another Petra on road, he should straightaway go and buy a super lotto ticket that day. Afterall, he sees two Petras at a time
Old 25th October 2005, 16:24   #200
BHPian

lol RX...I dont know if I have posted on this thread, but found out I hadnt voted...
My vote goes to the Petra though.
Old 27th October 2005, 20:13   #201
Senior - BHPian

I have almost made my mind to buy a baleno LXI

In my case there are 2 main factors which led me to say no to petra- first (of course!)
is ASS, not much hope from the tata alliance, moreover its not practical to wait
endlessly. Another being flat torque, especially low end (read better city crawling,
lesser shifts, quick acceleration at any speed/gear), which is equally important to me....
BTW, I live in Bangalore!!

I am also thinking of getting some of the "must have" extra stuff right at the time of
delivery, and got following quotes-

- 185/65 R14 tubeless tyres - 12.5K for set of 5, can be lesser or more depending on
the brand he said. But not sure if its the total or the diff. for trading in stocks.
Selected this size for upgrade because of good balance between ride and handling,
while maintaining accuracy in terms of original OD (just +0.32% I believe)

- 14" aura alloys - 18.5K for set of 5, with exchange of original rims... only Rs 600/-
deducted for original rims !!

- Security system - 5K for maruti basic, 5.5K with body sensor and 2K extra for power
window relays

- Head-lamp upgrade with relays - should be below 1k I guess, not bothered much

Another dealer quoted little lesser, 25K for alloys plus tyres (~16K + 9K) under
exchange, but he was talking about 13" size.

I am not much aware of brands and market values of accessories.... so, can somebody
tell me if above quotes are resonable or otherwise, and guide me further??
Old 27th October 2005, 20:50   #202
Senior - BHPian

Santosh, the prices look quite reasonable. The price for tubeless appears to be on higher side if this is exchange price. It should not exceed 7K. Check on that. For alloys, they would start from 16K to 20K depending on which type do you go for. Neo,Traxx, Aura are some good brands. About Tyres, depends on what you are looking for. Bridgestones are supposedly long lasting, Michelins more silent and offer better grip, while good year protenza's seem to be favourites of this forum. There was another thread on tyres, make sure you check it out.

P.S.: Make sure that you stay away from certain infamous Maruti dealers in Bangalore. Talk to other Baleno owners about their sales experience and then decide your dealer.

Last edited by RX135 : 27th October 2005 at 20:51.
Old 27th October 2005, 22:40   #203
BHPian

Voted for Baleno Lxi.
Took delivery on oct 19th.
My decision was based on the fact that this being my first car, wanted to play it safe. And from all the shared wisdom in team-bhp, you can never go wrong with a baleno !
Old 27th October 2005, 23:03   #204
Distinguished - BHPian

Bro,
the whole set looks really expensive.
A good set of 14" inch alloys are max. 14K here in Mumbai and i am not talking of Indian Brands which are cheaper. 5 multispoke BUSA alloys finished in hypersilver would be for 13K so 18.5K is a RIP OFF.
For tyres, you should get good tyres for 3300 per tyre which is 16.5K without exchange.
With exchange of your old tyres and rims, you should get the whole deal for less then 20K including alloys.
Old 28th October 2005, 09:26   #205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by santosh.s
- Security system - 5K for maruti basic, 5.5K with body sensor and 2K extra for power
window relays
Be careful. Power window relays can void your car's warranty if any internal wiring is cut (which I was told was inevitable). That is why I did not install it in my Baleno.
Old 28th October 2005, 11:03   #206
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shobhit15
Be careful. Power window relays can void your car's warranty if any internal wiring is cut (which I was told was inevitable). That is why I did not install it in my Baleno.
Does warranty become void even if we get it done by the maruti authorized dealer
himself??
Old 28th October 2005, 11:46   #207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by santosh.s
Does warranty become void even if we get it done by the maruti authorized dealer
himself??
If any internal wiring is cut the warranty is void regardles of who you get it done from.
Old 28th October 2005, 12:08   #208
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shobhit15
If any internal wiring is cut the warranty is void regardles of who you get it done from.
then its definitely not worth, man! sounds unfair

by the way is the warranty seperated into broad categories like electricals, engine, suspension etc or is it all consolidated ?? I am under impression that generally terms and periods are stated individually, thats why this question....
Old 28th October 2005, 12:08   #209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haque
Voted for Baleno Lxi.
Took delivery on oct 19th.
My decision was based on the fact that this being my first car, wanted to play it safe. And from all the shared wisdom in team-bhp, you can never go wrong with a baleno !
Congrats Haque! Wise decision... With a Baleno, nobody goes wrong!!
Old 28th October 2005, 12:30   #210
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini
Bro,
the whole set looks really expensive.
A good set of 14" inch alloys are max. 14K here in Mumbai and i am not talking of Indian Brands which are cheaper. 5 multispoke BUSA alloys finished in hypersilver would be for 13K so 18.5K is a RIP OFF.
For tyres, you should get good tyres for 3300 per tyre which is 16.5K without exchange.
With exchange of your old tyres and rims, you should get the whole deal for less then 20K including alloys.

I too was doubtful, so posted it here. I had seen people stating around 20K for alloys + tyres under exchange, but then thought prices might have inflated over time... I will try not to be taken for a ride by sales men... I would better like those wheels to do that job

By looking at your avatar, it seems you are the one who is refferred to as "the old man" in tbhp, aren't you ??
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks