Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd December 2009, 13:38   #331
BHPian

VW Polo Booking open at bangalore

Hi,

Today i mailed regarding booking & details of POLO to the elite motors, bangalore. below is the answer what i got..

Dear Mr. Subbarao

This is with regards to your inquiry on the Volkswagen Polo, please be informed that the Polo is slated to be launched in the month of April 2010. We are introducing the Polo with a hatchback version only for India as of now in both diesel and petrol engines. We do not have any details of the sedan launch in India, hopefully it should follow shortly.

Bookings are open for the Polo hatchback from 1st Dec 2009. Min booking amount will be Rs. 50,000/- only. Expected pricing of the Polo on road is 6 to 7 Lakhs approx.

Apart from this we do not have any other details on the technical specifications, color choices, engine capacity and the features of the Polo. No sooner the same is through, I will share it with you.
Should you require further assistance, please feel free to call / e-mail the undersigned.

Warm regards,
Felix

Last edited by subbarao : 3rd December 2009 at 13:39. Reason: Font editing
Old 3rd December 2009, 13:41   #332
BHPian

Thanks for the information. I have been waiting for this for long. Polo is a very nice car. I was using it while in South Africa. But don't know how it would be in India. Any snaps of the car to be launched in India?
Old 3rd December 2009, 13:42   #333
BHPian

This car will have a great impact on a Indian hatchback car market as it will be a direct competitor for Swift, Punto, Indica.
Any guesses on price & engine specs ??
Is VW is starting the production of Polo at their Pune plant ??
Old 3rd December 2009, 14:50   #334
BHPian

Thanks for the update. This is like booking tickets to an Amitabh Movie without knowing head or tail of the movie. It could be a cheesy movie or a classic movie.

In a Dilemma now? Go ahead and book or wait for some more insider info?

Quick question: <First car booking in India>
1. If i book it now and come Auto Expo and some crappy Engine is released. What happens to my booking amount? Any hassels getting it back?

2. Booking to Delivery is First Come First Basis - correct.

Appreciate any help on this.
Old 3rd December 2009, 14:52   #335
Senior - BHPian

Doesn't talk of refunds in case of delays eh?
Old 3rd December 2009, 15:04   #336
Senior - BHPian

No information on technical side. How is it possible. Car is being released in another 4 months and may it will be displayed in autoexpo also early next year.
Old 3rd December 2009, 15:41   #337
BHPian

Couldn't resist. Called up Elite Motors. Initially, sales person started reading the email. Then when queried, he said 2 Models will be released.
1. Petrol 1.2L TSI
2. Diesel 1.4L TDI

Colors - Standard Colors
Transmission - He has no clue on it.

Well, Auto Expo - cars will be displayed definitely it seems. Bookings are open as mentioned in the email.

I tried calling the other dealer of VW in Bangalore. He has no clue on this. He did not receive the notification? No idea.

Well, i will be taking the words of the dealer with a bag of salt. Especially on the TSI model front. Things hotting up now.
Old 3rd December 2009, 15:55   #338
BHPian

Just spoke to Mr Hari Kumar - GM for VW Palace Cross dealership. Here's what he said:

1. No bookings have officially started but Customers have just made token advance to ensure they are first in queue
2. 2 Petrol and 1 Diesel. Petrol is not 1.2 TSI but the same 3 cylinder as in Fabia
3. Launch during Auto Expo

Cheers,
Old 5th December 2009, 11:31   #339
BHPian

Diffsoft, so looks like 1.2l 60 and 70 ps? Disappointed.
How are the reviews of 1.4l TDI (hoping that this is the Diesel version which we are getting)
Old 5th December 2009, 18:42   #340
BHPian

vw polo caught testing

dear , BHPens after watching the huge response that the lil polo is gathering on bhp threads , i thought that i should put the video of the same which i caught a month back while travelling from aurangabad to pune.
the vehicle was just out from VRDE at ahmadnagar and going towards its motherplant at chakan , pune.
i was travelling with fellow bhpien ganesh_evo75 in his laura while we caught this thing.
the polo reminds or takes back u to same nostalgia way back when the zen was launched. its compact , has lots of charecter, oozes with quality, little cheeky and looks solid by any small car stds.
it got beautiful front bumper as u can see from the video....
Old 5th December 2009, 19:38   #341

Polo will cost 4.5 to 6.5 ex-showroom price. Car has gone through 1.4 l kms testing. car is good as per the person who is doing the testing.
there will be another version soon with turbo. there will be a sedan version with a more powerful engine, more details on it as and when i get.
cant disclose the source. thanks
Old 5th December 2009, 19:47   #342
BHPian

Nice video. Thanks for sharing. Did you guys see anything on the boot on the model or something? (You guys were ripping ;-))
I observed the black door handles on the Silver car. Disappointed. :-( Looks out of place.
Old 5th December 2009, 20:09   #343
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by b-positive View Post
Polo will cost 4.5 to 6.5 ex-showroom price. Car has gone through 1.4 l kms testing. car is good as per the person who is doing the testing.
there will be another version soon with turbo. there will be a sedan version with a more powerful engine, more details on it as and when i get.
Good to hear about the testing of 1.4 Lacs. Price = As expected.

We dont need to know the source but the information. Can you please find the exact Engine Specs on Petrol & Diesel? For the Hatchback.

there will be another version soon with turbo.
Why VW, why?
Old 6th December 2009, 03:48   #344
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by b-positive View Post

what about the 1.2 TSI engine are we going to get it or what? it makes sense to bring it to india! heck they have 1.8TSI for skoda laura why not 1.2 TSI for the skoda fabia, polo and the new yeti petrol base model , i have a feeling if they launch the yeti! it will come with 1.2 ltr petrol engine for the base model! so it will come for the polo too!!

Last edited by Caramelo : 6th December 2009 at 03:55.
Old 6th December 2009, 10:02   #345
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramelo View Post
what about the 1.2 TSI engine are we going to get it or what? it makes sense to bring it to india! heck they have 1.8TSI for skoda laura why not 1.2 TSI for the skoda fabia, polo and the new yeti petrol base model , i have a feeling if they launch the yeti! it will come with 1.2 ltr petrol engine for the base model! so it will come for the polo too!!
VW POLO 1.2 Tsi Dec 10-Mar 11.
Vw POLO SEDAN 1.2/1.4 Tsi Mar 11 - Dec 11
Skoda Fabia 1.2 Tsi No plans
Skoda Fabia Combi 1.2 Tsi @ Expo or June 10
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks