Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2009, 17:47   #76
Senior - BHPian

did the polo being tested looked like this?
Attached Thumbnails
Production ready VW Polo spotted! Pg 11, 23-27082009338.jpg  

Old 30th August 2009, 20:22   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
did the polo being tested looked like this?
I would be surprised if it did not (though this is the new Golf)! As you can see here, the test production/ line inauguration event at Chakan generated body-in-white photos that I have used to superimpose on the front elevation of the new Polo.

There should be no doubt that this new version is what we are getting.
Attached Thumbnails
Production ready VW Polo spotted! Pg 11, 23-vwpolo_combi.jpg  

Old 31st August 2009, 04:01   #78
BHPian

Did it looked like this?

Old 31st August 2009, 10:35   #79
Senior - BHPian

@crackingride i think you have solved it.It looks without doubt that we will be getting the lastest Polo.Nice work!
Old 31st August 2009, 11:34   #80
BHPian

I think VW is on overdrive , their Showroom is getting ready should open within next 10-15 days at Tirumulgherry Juntion in Hyd.Noticed on my way to office today will try and post pics .
Old 1st September 2009, 22:04   #81
Senior - BHPian

VW Polo Spotted on Indian Roads:-

Thanks to Motoroids.
Old 1st September 2009, 22:41   #82
BHPian

The Polo will be manufactured at Volkswagen’s Chakan plant, where the Skoda Fabia is currently being manufactured and will start producing the Polo fairly soon. This not-so-little hatchback will be launched at the upcoming Auto Expo (2010).

Rest here :

VW Polo spy pictures CarWale.com Blog
Old 2nd September 2009, 00:48   #83
Senior - BHPian

Awesome! thanks for the vid karanraheja. Now i'm excited again

I hope that at least the 1.4 petrol engine is brought here... my minimum requirement.

Last edited by anekho : 2nd September 2009 at 00:49.
Old 2nd September 2009, 00:53   #84
BHPian

Hehe, I would be perfectly happy with just the 1.2 petrol. The 1.2 TSI, that is!
Old 2nd September 2009, 20:03   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackingride View Post
I would be surprised if it did not (though this is the new Golf)! As you can see here, the test production/ line inauguration event at Chakan generated body-in-white photos that I have used to superimpose on the front elevation of the new Polo.

There should be no doubt that this new version is what we are getting.
im glad some one managed to see that the photo i posted is the Golf VI and not the new polo!

good work crackingride!
Old 3rd September 2009, 11:11   #86
BHPian

Is it just me or do these latest spy pics seem to indicate that ride height has been increased excessively? Also, the black wing mirrors, black door handles and steel wheels all look very ugly. Hope this is just a testing mule and not an indication of the final production model.
Old 3rd September 2009, 12:11   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theEnd View Post
Is it just me or do these latest spy pics seem to indicate that ride height has been increased excessively? Also, the black wing mirrors, black door handles and steel wheels all look very ugly. Hope this is just a testing mule and not an indication of the final production model.
It's probably the base model that is supposed to be sold at 4.35L.

cheers
Old 3rd September 2009, 18:45   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theEnd View Post
We have had this dread before regarding how cheap it will get!
Ride height has increased- the back looks like its up in the air! Looks like plastic wheel caps. You are right about the black mirrors. At least the third brake light is integrated into the spoiler and so you get it with every model, unlike the Palio et al.
I could not make out any fogs. All this for the motoroids clip, but not in the carwale spy pics, where there are no caps and no body colored door handles, either.

Of course, no sign of reversing sensors. The turn indicator is integrated into the front fender, as promised.

The Indian aerial at the rear seems to be a longer piece compared to the international one. Lower tech, maybe?

One cannot really tell if the chrome surrounds and things are there in any of these spy shots.

Hoping we are all very pleasantly surprised at the end of the day.
Old 4th September 2009, 12:19   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackingride View Post
We have had this dread before regarding how cheap it will get!
Ride height has increased- the back looks like its up in the air! Looks like plastic wheel caps. You are right about the black mirrors. At least the third brake light is integrated into the spoiler and so you get it with every model, unlike the Palio et al.
I could not make out any fogs. All this for the motoroids clip, but not in the carwale spy pics, where there are no caps and no body colored door handles, either.

Of course, no sign of reversing sensors. The turn indicator is integrated into the front fender, as promised.

The Indian aerial at the rear seems to be a longer piece compared to the international one. Lower tech, maybe?

One cannot really tell if the chrome surrounds and things are there in any of these spy shots.

Hoping we are all very pleasantly surprised at the end of the day.
To add to all of this, it sure looks like the head and tail light clusters only share the basic shape of the international edition of the polo.

The front turn signals seem to have been moved inboard, right up against the grill, instead of underneath the Audi-esque styling element. No sign of "smoked" lamps like some international versions.

The rear lamps seem to have a higher turn/reverse segment compared to the international version, and the styling elements of the brakelights do not seem to match. If you get a glimpse of the brake light coming on in the motoroids clip, the shape of the lit area looks very different to what you see on other pics of the Polo rear.
Old 4th September 2009, 12:33   #90
BHPian

Very keen observations crackingride. Obviously there's a lot of cost cutting going on, and we haven't even seen the interiors or drivetrain as yet.

Let's hope VW launch at least one unadulterated variant with all the features And the TSI engine from the European version for those of us who want to buy a genuine Volkswagen. Else they might as well call this the Tata Polo or the Maruti Polo.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks