Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2009, 18:36   #286
BHPian

The alloy wheel looks like an after market and it doesn't suits polo well.I wish they bring a good alloy wheel.
Old 4th November 2009, 18:54   #287
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
1.6l ( Next gen engine , more advanced than that in Jetta)
A 1.6L petrol!

The next hot-hatch king i'd think. oh when are all these goodies going to be launched?
Old 5th November 2009, 10:29   #288
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
And beige interiors are NOT a feature
I think I made it pretty plain elsewhere that I do not think this either! But we get what everyone else's perception of premium is.
Old 5th November 2009, 16:18   #289
Distinguished - BHPian

But... but... Beige interiors at no extra charge!

Old 6th November 2009, 09:17   #290
Distinguished - BHPian

Yesterday evening, spotted a red colored Polo near Dayanand Sagar College Banashankari. I could not see the interiors or the reg no. It looks good, but did not have alloys, blackened headlamps n all, no rear wiper as well. Wonder if this was the base version
Old 16th November 2009, 00:53   #291
BHPian

Just read in the Nov issue of Autocar that the Polo will have same engines as the current Fabia.

So no 1.2 TSI and no DSG either
Old 16th November 2009, 07:33   #292
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomzi View Post
Just read in the Nov issue of Autocar that the Polo will have same engines as the current Fabia.

So no 1.2 TSI and no DSG either
Gomzi - that was more or less always the case. VW had always said that they will introduce the Fabia engines. VW, I think, had only said they will consider introducing the 1.2 TSI.

But considering the quality of fuel available and the reports on DSG unreliability in India (Superb et al); it is better that they introduce cars that gains credibility with the public skeptical about German reliability.

Further they also said that the engines introduced will have better engine management than the Fabia - I do not fully know what that means.

Sidindica and the media indicated the 1.6 petrol - fully loaded, coming sometime down the line

Cheers,
Old 16th November 2009, 07:57   #293
Senior - BHPian

I'm really excited about the diesel polo 1.2 tdi .Its going to be brilliant with the same bhp as a swift and with added torque. This is looking real good.
I just hope they price it just right.If the top model is something around 6 OTR then it will be a great buy and stiff competition.
Fingers Crossed.
Old 16th November 2009, 12:45   #294
BHPian

There is no way the Polo will be priced below the existing Fabia. In all the markets that these two are present Skoda is the economy badge.
Old 16th November 2009, 12:49   #295
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomzi View Post
... So no 1.2 TSI ...
This is expected, and is the same elsewhere too (at the time of 2009 Polo launch in UK and NZ). Both UK and NZ will get 1.2 TSI only when Polos are revised late 2010.
Old 16th November 2009, 14:15   #296
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide View Post
This is expected, and is the same elsewhere too (at the time of 2009 Polo launch in UK and NZ). Both UK and NZ will get 1.2 TSI only when Polos are revised late 2010.
Quote:
Originally Posted by diffsoft View Post
Gomzi - that was more or less always the case. VW had always said that they will introduce the Fabia engines. VW, I think, had only said they will consider introducing the 1.2 TSI.
True, guess I got carried away a bit in the hope of a hot-hatch.

Quote:
Sidindica and the media indicated the 1.6 petrol - fully loaded, coming sometime down the line
I checked the VW UK website and the 1.6TDI in the polo - going by performance figures - is not that great.
Old 16th November 2009, 14:27   #297
BHPian

It doesn't make business sense for VW to introduce a beauty like 1.2 TSI and see it flop in the market place due to the premium it will no doubt command. VW is looking at the strong Indian market to make quick bucks by selling "old" technology. I don't think lot of Indian customers (apart from enthusiasts) will actually bother or can afford the "latest" engine/technology. I mean, how many of us can put (approx) 9 lacs on the table and go with a hi-end hatch. Look what happened to Jazzzzzz.
Old 16th November 2009, 16:35   #298
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide View Post
It doesn't make business sense for VW to introduce a beauty like 1.2 TSI and see it flop in the market place due to the premium it will no doubt command. VW is looking at the strong Indian market to make quick bucks by selling "old" technology. I don't think lot of Indian customers (apart from enthusiasts) will actually bother or can afford the "latest" engine/technology. I mean, how many of us can put (approx) 9 lacs on the table and go with a hi-end hatch. Look what happened to Jazzzzzz.
According to me, it's just a matter of time before Volkswagen introduce the TSI motors in India. These engines are world famous and have even won many awards like the "Engine of The Year' award. They can't keep it away from the Indian automotive scene for too long! India will be a huge market for VW.

They might probably do a Maruti Suzuki for all we know. The K-Series motors from Suzuki are fantastic motors and Maruti brought them in only later. So we might expect the same from VW.
Old 16th November 2009, 16:39   #299
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
According to me, it's just a matter of time before Volkswagen introduce the TSI motors in India.
ACI mentioned in their latest issue that the Polo Sedan will have the 1.2 TSI (and the 1.4 TDI)
Old 16th November 2009, 16:55   #300
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diffsoft View Post
ACI mentioned in their latest issue that the Polo Sedan will have the 1.2 TSI (and the 1.4 TDI)
I bet someone here would transplant that engine into the Polo hatch. What a mod that'll be!!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed