Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2009, 07:05   #361
BHPian

^^
@hpzone - Sorry, i dont know the exact price. Going by the email which the dealer sent across to our fellow BHPian and i also called the dealer here in Bangalore. Keep hearing the same story. "50K Advance, 5-7Lacs, No Specs, No Colors".
Old 9th December 2009, 18:27   #362
BHPian

Suzuki sells 19.9% stake to Volkswagen for $2.5bn - International Business - Biz - The Times of India

Bring it on VW. I am all set for Polo now. But give us a good engine please.
Old 9th December 2009, 22:25   #363
BHPian

Will VW sell thier small cars throgh Maruti dealers?
Old 10th December 2009, 01:46   #364
H2O
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpzone View Post
Highly unlikely, IMO.
VW is already developing it's own network of dealers and service centres.
Old 10th December 2009, 07:29   #365
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpzone View Post
Selling is a different story altogether. Maybe A*S*S.

Heard some team-bhp stories of folks walking in to TATA showroom to buy FIAT and folks peddling TATA instead. Would VW prefer that?

Well, it all depends on how successful is Polo in Indian market. If volumes are too hight, maybe they will go the path.

Wait and watch
Old 10th December 2009, 12:55   #366
Senior - BHPian

Dont know if these pics have already been posted. The interiors of Polo:
Attached Thumbnails
Production ready VW Polo spotted! Pg 11, 23-polointeriors01.jpg  

Production ready VW Polo spotted! Pg 11, 23-polointeriors02.jpg  

Old 10th December 2009, 13:24   #367
Senior - BHPian

interiors of the European polo that is I doubt they'll throw in those goodies in the cost cutting version we'll get. Nonetheless they look great. Black>beige anytime
Old 10th December 2009, 13:39   #368
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anekho View Post
interiors of the European polo that is I doubt they'll throw in those goodies in the cost cutting version we'll get. Nonetheless they look great. Black>beige anytime
Looking at the pics, you can safely remove the auto shift stick, the climate control, the touchscreen audio/nav console/ the electric OVRM controls on the door handle, the steering mounted controls, buttons for ESP and possibly even for passenger airbag deactivation. What's left??

The Chevy beat is one new launch that creatively bucks this "upmarket" beige trend. I would have thought VW would have been the leaders in this, not the followers.
Old 10th December 2009, 15:39   #369
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackingride View Post
Looking at the pics, you can safely remove the auto shift stick, the climate control, the touchscreen audio/nav console/ the electric OVRM controls on the door handle, the steering mounted controls, buttons for ESP and possibly even for passenger airbag deactivation. What's left??
Steering wheel (similar only in looks), same A/C vents and the speedo meter (minus the trip computer) will be the only similarities between the Indian and the european POLO.

Also the dashboard design could be the same.
Old 10th December 2009, 15:52   #370
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

The Chevy beat is one new launch that creatively bucks this "upmarket" beige trend. I would have thought VW would have been the leaders in this, not the followers.
While the touch screen/sat nav is definitely out of the equation, one cannot rule out the possibility of the other features! Climate Control, electric OVRM controls, etc.
Old 10th December 2009, 16:10   #371
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
the climate control, the touchscreen audio/nav console/ the electric OVRM controls on the door handle, the steering mounted controls, buttons for ESP and possibly even for passenger airbag deactivation. What's left??
Won't these be provided in the higher segment? Say if that costs the on-road price of top end of i20.
Old 10th December 2009, 16:31   #372
BHPian

i spotted this 2 cars(one in red and the other one in white) near new mumbai yesterday and i would like to share it with all u people.. sorry for a low quality pics (N 97)
Attached Thumbnails
Production ready VW Polo spotted! Pg 11, 23-image-n97412.jpg  

Production ready VW Polo spotted! Pg 11, 23-image-n97415.jpg  

Production ready VW Polo spotted! Pg 11, 23-image-n97417.jpg  

Production ready VW Polo spotted! Pg 11, 23-image-n97419.jpg  

Old 10th December 2009, 18:17   #373
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by totaloverdoze View Post
i spotted this 2 cars(one in red and the other one in white) near new mumbai yesterday and i would like to share it with all u people.. sorry for a low quality pics (N 97)
First sighting of what looks like India-spec Polo with body colored wing mirrors, if I'm not mistaken, though there was a red one spotted at The (Lalit )Intercontinental in Goa which had fogs, but no body colored mirrors.
That said, what's with the black door handles then!?

(I just checked back here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1511817-post170.html, and this version had the fogs but unpainted door handles and mirrors. So this leaves me very confused about how the spec versions are actually going to pan out. As I said before, might be intentionally done to confuse jobless observers and speculators like me! )
Also noticed in the pics around the link, the International spec version in Black has a nice little VW on the headlight anti-glare bulb shield. No such detailing on the India spec.

And the Polo here seems to have one of the longest OEM aerials I have seen!

Last edited by crackingride : 10th December 2009 at 18:31.
Old 10th December 2009, 18:46   #374
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Looking at the pics, you can safely remove the auto shift stick, the climate control, the touchscreen audio/nav console/ the electric OVRM controls on the door handle, the steering mounted controls, buttons for ESP and possibly even for passenger airbag deactivation. ...
And my reaction to the pics was that that they looed rather disapointing and cheap !

Looks lke I'm going to prefer the i20, if it ever comes to the choice...
Old 10th December 2009, 18:52   #375
BHPian

i can see black door handles in those pics. cost cutting galore!!? i think so!

they will put the usual trendline and comfortline models out! trendline will have black interior and comfortline may come with beige! but it sounds stupid and will increase the cost only! but they did it with fabia. and it will be on the same manufacturing plant!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks