Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2007, 20:28   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
While in Goa last weekend I saw a convoy of the VW Polo, Jetta, Golf and Passat. While the Passat had a MH-20 regn, the remaining pack sported international plates. The Polo was dark Blue in colour. Nice looking cars those!
Can confirm that. Was spotted by one of our inactive members from Goa at the porvorim slope.
Old 1st November 2007, 12:08   #32
BHPian

Spotted four VW's in Chennai about an hour before - followed them for a while on beach road. 2 silver polo sedans 1.6, one black polo hatch 1.2 and one jetta. All of them had german plates. And all these cars were rhd.
Old 1st November 2007, 19:42   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreeram View Post
Heres a pic of a similar incident. I saw and met the German TESTERS with hi tech data loggers & stuf. I spoke to one of them for some time. He also showed me the Cars from inside but dint allow interior pics.

The 1st from Left Passat, 2nd Polo Diesel , 3rd polo petrol, 4th (dont rem) Golf i think

That Passat estate looks pretty good from that angle, much nicer than the sedan!
Old 1st November 2007, 19:50   #34
Team-BHP Support

The VW dealer confirmed that these cars are being tested and some work was subcontracted to a Bangalore company
Old 12th March 2008, 11:30   #35
BHPian

VW to launch Polo in India

"VW Polo to sport 1.2, 1.6 litre engines

A company spokesperson said the model would be the sixth-generation Polo, modified to suit driving conditions in India

German car maker Volkswagen AG, which plans to launch its small car Polo in India, has firmed up plans for hatchback (a car with a sloping back and a back-door on a hinge) and notchback (a car with a roof that sharply drops to the top of the boot) versions with 1.2 litre and 1.6 litre petrol engines, or a 1.6 litre diesel engine, a vendor familiar with the development said.

“Plans are to launch the Polo in April 2010,” this vendor, who supplies parts to the venture, added.

A company spokesperson said the car is currently under development in Germany and that it is too early to talk about its specifications. He, however, confirmed that the model would be the sixth-generation Polo, modified to suit driving conditions in India."

Source and more details here: VW Polo to sport 1.2, 1.6 litre engines - livemint
Old 12th March 2008, 11:55   #36
Senior - BHPian

Would this be the one ?
Attached Thumbnails
Production ready VW Polo spotted! Pg 11, 23-dsc00107zz2.jpg  

Old 12th March 2008, 12:02   #37
Senior - BHPian

Yes,John.
Where is this? Guindy?
Old 12th March 2008, 14:38   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Yes,John.
Where is this? Guindy?
Wouldn't think so, there is a compound wall next to a MRTS construction. Can't think of a place in Guindy like this one
Old 12th March 2008, 16:00   #39
Senior - BHPian

dang! was thinking of the Palio MJD - now i HAVE to wait for this! :(
but 2010 s a long way off- so i might pick it up later!

I dont think this is an MRTS construction - it looks like an overbridge / mini flyover.

Last edited by madan80 : 12th March 2008 at 16:01.
Old 11th July 2009, 12:30   #40
BHPian

Guys, have something to make you happy. On Thursday,I have been to my friends place in Vishrantwadi annexe in Pune. The parking slot has two swanky cars - a red Golf 1.6 and the blue Ibiza bearing registration MH14 xx xxxx. It was not camouflaged a bit.

Sorry, could not take snaps as the owner/driver started driving away, while I was drooling over the look

It seems the launch is around the corner for Golf, but still guessing on Ibiza connection.
Old 11th July 2009, 17:09   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanstorm View Post
Guys, have something to make you happy. On Thursday,I have been to my friends place in Vishrantwadi annexe in Pune. The parking slot has two swanky cars - a red Golf 1.6 and the blue Ibiza bearing registration MH14 xx xxxx. It was not camouflaged a bit.

Sorry, could not take snaps as the owner/driver started driving away, while I was drooling over the look

It seems the launch is around the corner for Golf, but still guessing on Ibiza connection.
Is it a polo or Golf? Isn't Polo coming out first?
Old 11th July 2009, 17:29   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanstorm View Post
The parking slot has two swanky cars - a red Golf 1.6 and the blue Ibiza bearing registration MH14 xx xxxx. It was not camouflaged a bit.

1) The question is which Golf ? The latest Sixth Generation ( that won world car of the year ) golf or the older 5th generation on which the Jetta is based ? If VW goes in for 5th generation, its real bad. They are trying to fool Indian customers. And I hope the 1.6 is quite good enough and new rather than that old one installed in Jetta.
Both the 5th gen and 6th gen are based on same PQ25 also known as A5 platform. But 6th gen is known to have received a few updates.

2) I think VW is using Ibiza for testing the powertrain and suspension. I think VW will not bring out Seat brand in here as VW itself is not well settled.
Old 6th August 2009, 10:28   #43

New spottings

I spotted a WV hatch a few days back. It was probably Polo but I cannot confirm. It crossed me on Alandi road at Vishrantwadi so I couldn't take a good look at it.

I also spotted a Toyota hatch a couple of days back near the same spot. Was it Yaris? I don't know. It was dark and I could only spot the Toyota logo on the front.
Old 6th August 2009, 14:07   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by fulcrum_77 View Post
I spotted a WV hatch a few days back. It was probably Polo but I cannot confirm. It crossed me on Alandi road at Vishrantwadi so I couldn't take a good look at it.

I also spotted a Toyota hatch a couple of days back near the same spot. Was it Yaris? I don't know. It was dark and I could only spot the Toyota logo on the front.
I should add that the cars were not covered and had a temp registration number plate.
Old 6th August 2009, 18:29   #45
BHPian

Guys yesterday night at around 8 PM I saw a spanking silver 2010 polo being tested on Nagar road, Pune.

I could not beleive my eyes that it was without any cover with just a temp number plate.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks